First Weekend in September!

XTreme

48 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Pedro do you have Pão de Queijo in Portugal? If you do are they served with anything in particular?

That’s more of a Brazilian thing, not really Portuguese. Not sure what’s meant to be served with them but when I had it was always placed on the table before food like a normal bread, like garlic bread in the way it’s enjoyed in Italy.

Now a proper Brazilian roast with coal grilled garlic butter baguettes, that’s the stuff!

Edit: just remembered, they like it for breakfast as well in Brazil. I’m not a big fan as it doesn’t compete with proper bread and cheese. 

• Like 2

I heard a bike l

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Been out for an hour......

0409a-min.jpg.dc3f23edad03576a402899d14a7cd98f.jpg

0409b-min.jpg.9341f4b7eeb395a9c3bf709e126c8e6c.jpg

Now got to get back to house cleaning!

the avengers facepalm GIF

I heard one of these go by yesterday when i was at the farm, im not going to lie, it looked ok going quickly down a lousy back road butt sounded, ummm, im looking for a word.

Is -Uninspiring- a word? I;ll check with smoogle.

Wow, i was right.

😃

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tym said:

I heard a bike l

I heard one of these go by yesterday when i was at the farm, im not going to lie, it looked ok going quickly down a lousy back road butt sounded, ummm, im looking for a word.

Is -Uninspiring- a word? I;ll check with smoogle.

Wow, i was right.

😃

Purrs like a kitten Tym!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

That’s more of a Brazilian thing, not really Portuguese. Not sure what’s meant to be served with them but when I had it was always placed on the table before food like a normal bread, like garlic bread in the way it’s enjoyed in Italy.

Now a proper Brazilian roast with coal grilled garlic butter baguettes, that’s the stuff!

Edit: just remembered, they like it for breakfast as well in Brazil. I’m not a big fan as it doesn’t compete with proper bread and cheese. 

I knew it was predominately a Brazilian breakfast thing but there seems to be some Portuguese connection. Not sure serving a chewy cheese ball for breakfast would go down well here 😆

Roast with coal grilled butter baguettes sounds excellent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I knew it was predominately a Brazilian breakfast thing but there seems to be some Portuguese connection. Not sure serving a chewy cheese ball for breakfast would go down well here 😆

Roast with coal grilled butter baguettes sounds excellent. 

If done right, they’re not chewy at all, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Been out for an hour......

0409a-min.jpg.dc3f23edad03576a402899d14a7cd98f.jpg

0409b-min.jpg.9341f4b7eeb395a9c3bf709e126c8e6c.jpg

Now got to get back to house cleaning!

the avengers facepalm GIF

Although I appreciate the effort , but you been out for an hour , what did you did wheel it out your garage then wheel it back in 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just got back from the Copdock bike show. The weather report has been waning of foul weather all week, so naturally I am burnt with panda eyes from my sunglasses.

I stopped and spoke to a man with some small antique generators running and saw he had a Sinclair C5 on display so we talked about that for a while. I asked him what they were like to pedal and he said quite easy, you can get up to quite a speed in them just pedalling. Then he asked if I wanted to have a go around the field. He asked me twice and next thing I know he  had lifted the rope and was showing me how to get in the thing without breaking the fragile part and how to put my feet on the pedals so as not to bang them on the upswing.

I did a small lap of a bumpy grass field and he was right, very easy to pedal, steer and brake, even with my hand under my bum on the handlebars.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Although I appreciate the effort , but you been out for an hour , what did you did wheel it out your garage then wheel it back in 

Yes.....that mountain range in the background which is in Almeria is right outside my front door.

And those fields are my garden!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Yes.....that mountain range in the background which is in Almeria is right outside my front door.

And those fields are my garden!

Photoshop

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, yen_powell said:

I was working for South Wales Electricity Board in 1985 and remember the C5 being promoted from HQ in ST Melons i was pissed they didn't give me a go of it when others did have a go probably couldn't fit in it now 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I was working for South Wales Electricity Board in 1985 and remember the C5 being promoted from HQ in ST Melons i was pissed they didn't give me a go of it when others did have a go probably couldn't fit in it now 

I was given clear instructions on how to get in and what not to lean on in case it snapped off in my hand, the plastic has not aged well it seems. I couldn't have done it a few weeks ago when I had a bad back.

• Like 2

On 02/09/2022 at 23:02, Clive said:

In all my years of riding I have only ever had 1 bike stolen from me, I don't want to ever go through the anger/rage and frustration again.........the feeling when you return to where you parked your bike and find a empty space is soul destroying 😔........and the absolute crap that insurance companies come up with when trying to claim, it may only be a lowly scooter to you guys, but it's my scooter paid for with my money 😠  

Rant over.

It's a condition of my insurance here that I have an approved lock and use it! Even had to send a photo of the lock and of the sales invoice for it to the insurance. 

I had my bike nicked way back and I lost a lot of money on the insurance payout, so the bike gets locked, even when it's in the garage here!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tango said:

It's a condition of my insurance here that I have an approved lock and use it! Even had to send a photo of the lock and of the sales invoice for it to the insurance. 

I had my bike nicked way back and I lost a lot of money on the insurance payout, so the bike gets locked, even when it's in the garage here!

We are away next week (weather permitting) so the scoot will be in the spare room for the duration, even there it will have a padlock and chain on it,

Be easier to leave it in the (steel) shed, but shed is about as secure as a biscuit tin....can cut the steel sheets with a Stanley knife.   😕 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Clive said:

We are away next week (weather permitting) so the scoot will be in the spare room for the duration, even there it will have a padlock and chain on it,

Be easier to leave it in the (steel) shed, but shed is about as secure as a biscuit tin....can cut the sheets with a Stanley knife.   😕 

My insurance also asked what chain and lock I use.

• Like 2