First Weekend in September!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

We are away next week (weather permitting) so the scoot will be in the spare room for the duration, even there it will have a padlock and chain on it,

Be easier to leave it in the (steel) shed, but shed is about as secure as a biscuit tin....can cut the steel sheets with a Stanley knife.   😕 

It's that bad there now?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It's that bad there now?

Not really around here, but after having the shed broken into on Boxing Day night it's made me a bit paranoid  😀 took all my tools and could have taken the scoot if they had wanted, I now park my car right up to the shed doors each night, car alarm would sound if they tried to move it.

But when we are away they have a easy way into the shed.....so it's coming in the spare room.

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

So the tools were more attractive to them than the Scoot? :classic_laugh:

Tool are  easier to grab and run away with 👍and it's easy to sell tools on Marketplace,  a scoot/bike not so.

• Like 3

We had a spectacular thunderstorm at 2.30am this morning, none of your usual couple of flash and bangs.....the lightening was streaking across the sky, the likes of which we have only seen in Spain many years ago, but funnily is hardly rained. 🤔 

And after I struggled to get back to sleep, knackered now. 😆 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clive said:

We had a spectacular thunderstorm at 2.30am this morning, none of your usual couple of flash and bangs.....the lightening was streaking across the sky, the likes of which we have only seen in Spain many years ago, but funnily is hardly rained. 🤔 

That was getting up for work time wasn't it Clive?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

That was getting up for work time wasn't it Clive?

2.30am, i would be on my 2nd cuppa and getting ready to leave home go to work.

Oh how I miss those early starts 😆 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Clive said:

We've had a couple of pretty spectacular storms over the last week. I was woken up at 4am on Friday morning by a clap of thunder that rattled the house! Struggled to get back to sleep afterwards too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tango said:

We've had a couple of pretty spectacular storms over the last week. I was woken up at 4am on Friday morning by a clap of thunder that rattled the house! Struggled to get back to sleep afterwards too. 

We normally get a lightening flash, wait 20 seconds for the thunder clap, then wait several minutes for another flash,  then have four or five flashes and it's done with,  pathetic 😆 

• Haha 2

I think the padlock thing is a complete con, in this area it makes no real difference to the premium. I rang the insurance company and asked for a quote with a lock and without, it made £7 difference. So no way I’d commit to something that would let them off the hook if I forgot it. 

Also asked them for a quote with and without pillion cover and that made zero difference. 

As insurance companies are scum I’m resigned to the idea I’d be lucky to get anything out of them. I only bother because the one thing they do is protect other drivers from your own mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I think the padlock thing is a complete con, in this area it makes no real difference to the premium. I rang the insurance company and asked for a quote with a lock and without, it made £7 difference. So no way I’d commit to something that would let them off the hook if I forgot it. 

Also asked them for a quote with and without pillion cover and that made zero difference. 

As insurance companies are scum I’m resigned to the idea I’d be lucky to get anything out of them. I only bother because the one thing they do is protect other drivers from your own mistakes.

That's what I done when they asked no security at all except when at home their in the garage made no difference to the cost of the insurance at all 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's what I done when they asked no security at all except when at home their in the garage made no difference to the cost of the insurance at all 

Yep garaged at home was the only criteria I found that made any difference too.

• Like 1