Number 66 is in the house!

XTreme

And just like number 65, nobody guessed what it was in the poll.

Hopefully that's going to be the only similarity to number 65......which was the worst trainwreck I've experienced in 51 years on bikes!

So here it is........

1-min.jpg.dfae6e3d5ce18e03ee2dfb0f0b466111.jpg

2-min.jpg.c1b6b9e6195994ac524aa648287465d9.jpg

Honda CB500X 2019, 15k kms / 9k miles, one owner, full main dealer service history, one year's official Honda warranty.

I got a good feeling about this one......it even smells like a new bike! And in terms of size it's like a minimoto compared to the GS! I've always liked this model so I'm surprised nobody picked it!

Anyway, I'll have a run on it later this evening......currently 38c so it's not an option at the moment.

So do your worst......though I can't imagine I'll sustain the same amount of flak as when I bought the GS!

• Like 5

Well, I'm not really surprised. That was my guess in the previous poll.

For me, I'd change the tyres, I really don't like those Dunlops. 

You'll be amazed how it sips fuel! You'll forget when was the last time you filled it up if you're not using it every day!

And if this turns out as unreliable as the last one I'll personally come over there, slap you round the back of the head and take your driving licence away! 😂😂😂

• Haha 5

I have actually ridden one of them, a hire bike on holiday, nice engine. My mate who bought one on the strength of the hire bike as soon as we got home loved the excellent fuel consumption but sometimes struggled to keep up on trips away when we were all loaded up as it lacked oomph at higher speeds. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tango said:

Well, I'm not really surprised. That was my guess in the previous poll.

For me, I'd change the tyres, I really don't like those Dunlops. 

You'll be amazed how it sips fuel! You'll forget when was the last time you filled it up if you're not using it every day!

And if this turns out as unreliable as the last one I'll personally come over there, slap you round the back of the head and take your driving licence away! 😂😂😂

You knew how much I liked them Bob.......I nearly bought one when I got the Strom but all the second hand ones were 17" front wheels at the time.

Haven't ridden it yet as it's still baking......but just sitting on it in the garage and everything just feels right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Hopefully that's going to be the only similarity to number 65......which was the worst trainwreck I've experienced in 51 years on bikes!

So here it is........

Honda CB500X 2019, 15k kms / 9k miles, one owner, full main dealer service history, one year's official Honda warranty.

I got a good feeling about this one......it even smells like a new bike! And in terms of size it's like a minimoto compared to the GS! I've always liked this model so I'm surprised nobody picked it!

Anyway, I'll have a run on it later this evening......currently 38c so it's not an option at the moment.

So do your worst......though I can't imagine I'll sustain the same amount of flak as when I bought the GS!

Oh god you ain't started sniffing bike seats again. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

Congratulations but,  .......................  I'll give you 3 months before you're bored to tears

falling-fell-asleep.gif.28bbdba6d822a1f704ca84f4f241eef5.gif

After the drama with it's predecessor I could do with some boredom Bob!

• Haha 2

Just now, Clive said:

Hope this one serves you better @XTreme  👍 

I can't imagine it could be any worse Clive.

This is my 14th Honda, but they were mainly in the 70's and 80's. 

Only had one outside that period which was the Transalp in 2004.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yen_powell said:

I have actually ridden one of them, a hire bike on holiday, nice engine. My mate who bought one on the strength of the hire bike as soon as we got home loved the excellent fuel consumption but sometimes struggled to keep up on trips away when we were all loaded up as it lacked oomph at higher speeds. 

That won't affect ginger no mates.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well I've been out on it.......I'll put up a short report about it.

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Any cooler out there?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

So here it is........

my mate and his wife have one and they rate it

• Like 4