White Bread.

Tym

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Why?

Funnily enough that's the only bread I eat!

Since my gallbladder removal , I'm getting used to it.  The best bread is the stuff they sell in Italy , proper bread that is 👍

• Like 5

Just now, boboneleg said:

Since my gallbladder removal , I'm getting used to it.  The best bread is the stuff they sell in Italy , proper bread that is 👍

Is it good for you then?

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

Is it good for you then?

Apparently white bread is low in fibre and protein which is bad for diabetics like me as you can get erratic blood sugar levels so brown bread is better for me but you cant beat toasted white bread something i really miss

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've been told I have to eat brown bread with the knobbly bits in it, you know the stuff, tastes like fucking sawdust

disgust-disgusting.gif.d76a50e5c410d9d7e876679a987e4610.gif

We just buy a 50/50 loaf, we don't eat much bread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Apparently white bread is low in fibre and protein which is bad for diabetics like me as you can get erratic blood sugar levels so brown bread is better for me but you cant beat toasted white bread something i really miss

I've always loved brown bread.......particularly Hovis!

Eating white bread is like chewing a mouthful of dough to me!

• Like 1

we buy about 5 or six different breads ( not all at the same time) ranging from standard Baguette, through " Gros Batard" ( literally translates as "Fat Bastard" 😂) to local specialities like "pavé d'Auxerre" . Friday night is sandwich night at the moment and the kids liek to have some crappy supermarket sliced white stuff to put in the sandwich toaster. French Bread is the best.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've always loved brown bread.......particularly Hovis!

Eating white bread is like chewing a mouthful of dough to me!

That's what i like about it, when i was in school we used to go to the bakery up the road and buy half a freshly baked cob still warm from the oven and then to the chippy to fill it with chips everyone used to scoop out the dough in the middle and throw it i used to eat that on the way to the chippy it was the best bit 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

toast.. brown or white... loads of butter and sprinkle loads of sugar over it.

You just gave a Keto dieter a heart attack. :littleguy:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

when i was in school we used to go to the bakery up the road and buy half a freshly baked cob still warm from the oven and then to the chippy to fill it with chips everyone used to scoop out the dough in the middle and throw it i used to eat that on the way to the chippy it was the best bit 

Same here......but obviously we nicked the loaf!

Ninja Stealing GIF

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I normally toast white bread but when we stay at the prem inns I'll have granary. It's bloody lovely.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MooN said:

we buy about 5 or six different breads ( not all at the same time) ranging from standard Baguette, through " Gros Batard" ( literally translates as "Fat Bastard" 😂) to local specialities like "pavé d'Auxerre" . Friday night is sandwich night at the moment and the kids liek to have some crappy supermarket sliced white stuff to put in the sandwich toaster. French Bread is the best.

Just been to the boulangerie for today's bread. Lovely! 

20220126_103552.thumb.jpg.a34e0c656b8abbf415135ed3cbbf8d67.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tango said:

Just been to the boulangerie for today's bread. Lovely! 

20220126_103552.thumb.jpg.a34e0c656b8abbf415135ed3cbbf8d67.jpg

Wave a white flag to this France! Its better bread. :littleguy:

147285130_fb2.jpg.5cdf767dc9331e4956b3a8ac0f6bd27c.jpg

• Haha 3