First Weekend in August!

XTreme

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Indeed.

Turns out he had 4 cracked ribs, a small laceration on the liver (which was fixed) and a punctured spleen, which was taken out this morning. Now he's on the surgical recovery and shall remain there for a few days. Fuck knows how he managed this shit falling from a stepladder. My plans for August have drastically changed :classic_laugh:

Nice!

Plenty of excitement outside, though

IMG_2271.thumb.jpeg.82abc748ee7305c9df4e087ff76cf282.jpeg

IMG_2270.thumb.jpeg.3544cc1d70a44b2b9ea8755db4b216c1.jpeg

Also saw an old Buick going to the supermarket, all the way from Sweden!

IMG_2268.thumb.jpeg.f769af12dcf108dba1626a4bb40c7b6f.jpeg

That's a modern looking hospital Pedro!

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Of course not......you're not in the UK! :classic_laugh:

This isn't a modern hospital by any means, and the emergency service is notoriously bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Of course not......you're not in the UK! :classic_laugh:

To be fair Pete the main hospital in Bristol is exceptional, I had a room to myself and was treated superbly.  The problem with the NHS is how long it takes you to get in there after being referred, covid certainly hasn't helped.

Picture-1ww.webp.57a5dc58168c198f2b80369d54b7d1f9.webp

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boboneleg said:

To be fair Pete the main hospital in Bristol is exceptional, I had a room to myself and was treated superbly.  The problem with the NHS is how long it takes you to get in there after being referred, covid certainly hasn't helped.

Picture-1ww.webp.57a5dc58168c198f2b80369d54b7d1f9.webp

I went in one about 20 years ago in Bristol......and it was awful. Royal something?

Despite having a migraine I went out for an hour......cos somebody's got to give this place some credibility.

We're just lucky that there's other forums out there where people are even more pathetic than you lot.

I think the first pic could be my BOTM entry this month.......not that I'll get any votes obviously.

You pricks would vote for a Burger Van or a Wheelbarrow before you'd vote for any bike of mine!

gs275.jpg

gs275a-min.jpg

gs275b-min.jpg

gs276.jpg

gs276a-min.jpg

gs276b-min.jpg

gs277-min.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Despite having a migraine I went out for an hour......cos somebody's got to give this place some credibility.

We're just lucky that there's other forums out there where people are even more pathetic than you lot.

I think the first pic could be my BOTM entry this month.......not that I'll get any votes obviously.

You pricks would vote for a Burger Van or a Wheelbarrow before you'd vote for any bike of mine!

gs275.jpg

The top box is spoiling too much of the view to be a BOTM photo :classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

The top box is spoiling too much of the view to be a BOTM photo :classic_laugh:

View? asll i see is top box. :classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

Bad news/good news, the last of Grandmums apple trees came crashing down up at the farm last night.

On the bright side getting the good apples on top was easy this year.

Who wants the last from grandmums farm apple pie ever?

🤓

• Sad 2

Let me try and explain the top box situation to you!

Look back at my pics over Winter and Spring.....no box! Then about 3 or 4 months ago I put it back on.......for a reason! And that reason is to carry plenty of water, and to put my stuff in if I leave the bike unattended.

Bear in mind I can go an hour or more between petrol stations, bars etc when I'm in remote areas! And there's no mobile coverage in these places. Now just imagine breaking down somewhere like that in scorching temperatures with no water and no way of getting help?

You have to be very careful not to get dehydrated or get heat stroke out here! I got caught out last year despite the fact that I took water with me because I just didn't take enough. I'm not making that mistake again!

Did you know that the heat kills about 1500 people every year in Spain? Apparently in 2003 there was a brutal heat wave here when 6,600 people died in 15 days. And of course, older people are more at risk. That's me that is!

So that being said......you'll just have to suffer the trauma of my box for another month or so!

paul feig look GIF

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Let me try and explain the top box situation to you!

Look back at my pics over Winter and Spring.....no box! Then about 3 or 4 months ago I put it back on.......for a reason! And that reason is to carry plenty of water, and to put my stuff in if I leave the bike unattended.

Bear in mind I can go an hour or more between petrol stations, bars etc when I'm in remote areas! And there's no mobile coverage in these places. Now just imagine breaking down somewhere like that in scorching temperatures with no water and no way of getting help?

You have to be very careful not to get dehydrated or get heat stroke out here! I got caught out last year despite the fact that I took water with me because I just didn't take enough. I'm not making that mistake again!

Did you know that the heat kills about 1500 people every year in Spain? Apparently in 2003 there was a brutal heat wave here when 6,600 people died in 15 days. And of course, older people are more at risk. That's me that is!

So that being said......you'll just have to suffer the trauma of my box for another month or so!

paul feig look GIF

I'm not dissing you for your top box, I've got one on the donkey, just take the fecking thing OFF for the photo...................................

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I'm not dissing you for your top box, I've got one on the donkey, just take the fecking thing OFF for the photo...................................

Or use your computer skills and photoshop it out.😁

• Like 1