First Weekend in August!

XTreme

This weekend looks bearable for me.......though next weekend is shaping up to be a bit unpleasant.

1452540668_Screenshot2021-08-06110900.jpg.343b2b3bdb4593c37bbee76c469520ae.jpg

I'm going to try and get out early both days if possible, as at the moment I've cleared all the work I've got on.

Have to go check out some abandoned shit on Google Earth and see what shows up.

What are you lot doing?

Try and do something interesting, so we can at least get some inspirational content on the forum other than bikes in fucking vans!

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, XTreme said:

This weekend looks bearable for me.......though next weekend is shaping up to be a bit unpleasant.

1452540668_Screenshot2021-08-06110900.jpg.343b2b3bdb4593c37bbee76c469520ae.jpg

I'm going to try and get out early both days if possible, as at the moment I've cleared all the work I've got on.

Have to go check out some abandoned shit on Google Earth and see what shows up.

What are you lot doing?

Try and do something interesting, so we can at least get some inspirational content on the forum other than bikes in fucking vans!

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

Rain forecast for us until Tuesday.

• Like 2

Doing oil change, rear diff change and a new set of tires this weekend in prep for the August trip east. At least that's my goal - probably won't do much more than just buying the oil.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Weather looks perfect for a ride, had a week of work and the plan was to go on a longish ride tomorrow, ending back home.

However, my dad felt worse again this morning, and am now planning to get on a train in an hour to go to the Algarve, and then bring them both back in his car as soon as possible, a couple of bitch slaps might be in the cards to break him out of being stubborn. Portugal's trains are amidst a partial strike though, and I´ll be stopping to change trains in rush hour Lisbon. Oh, the joy!

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

33 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Weather looks perfect for a ride, had a week of work and the plan was to go on a longish ride tomorrow, ending back home.

However, my dad felt worse again this morning, and am now planning to get on a train in an hour to go to the Algarve, and then bring them both back in his car as soon as possible, a couple of bitch slaps might be in the cards to break him out of being stubborn. Portugal's trains are amidst a partial strike though, and I´ll be stopping to change trains in rush hour Lisbon. Oh, the joy!

Well hope he feels better soon @Pedro.

• Like 1

We're going away for a week (without the bikes, unfortunately). 

Tomorrow could be a long day in the car! Traffic forecasts are looking pretty dire!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I hope that you get him back to your place OK. Hopefully a change of scenery will perk him up a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tango said:

Tomorrow could be a long day in the car! Traffic forecasts are looking pretty dire!

was browsing properties in France the other day.... you get a whole lot more for your money out there for sure , land out buildings, would be 10 times the money for equivalent here.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tango said:

Have a nice break, we are away for the week as well, just going to a local fishing lake, a bit of peace away from the noisy deaf fucks next door.👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Six30 said:

was browsing properties in France the other day.... you get a whole lot more for your money out there for sure , land out buildings, would be 10 times the money for equivalent here.

That's true, but you have to be careful. Prices vary depending on the area. In parts of France you can get a good sized house with acres of land for peanuts, but the problem comes when you want to sell, as many French don't want a load of land to look after, so it can make selling a bit of a problem. I've heard of people having property on the market for several years before managing to sell. Building materials are pretty expensive here too, so buying a do'er upper can become a money pit.

But house prices are in general lower here than the UK, but they are on the rise due to people wanting to move out of the cities and get a place with some outside space.

It's well worth considering @Six30, but needs a bit or research first. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Have a nice break, we are away for the week as well, just going to a local fishing lake, a bit of peace away from the noisy deaf fucks next door.👍

Thanks mate. I hope that you have a good break too. 😎

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tango said:

That's true, but you have to be careful. Prices vary depending on the area. In parts of France you can get a good sized house with acres of land for peanuts, but the problem comes when you want to sell, as many French don't want a load of land to look after, so it can make selling a bit of a problem. I've heard of people having property on the market for several years before managing to sell. Building materials are pretty expensive here too, so buying a do'er upper can become a money pit.

But house prices are in general lower here than the UK, but they are on the rise due to people wanting to move out of the cities and get a place with some outside space.

It's well worth considering @Six30, but needs a bit or research first. 

Do you really want to encourage @Six30 to be a neighbour Bob?

After all, you left Britain to get away from his kind!

Michael Richards Yes GIF

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Swagman said:

What sort of fishing @Swagman

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Do you really want to encourage @Six30 to be a neighbour Bob?

After all, you left Britain to get away from his kind!

Michael Richards Yes GIF

It's a big country, Pete. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1