First Weekend in August!

XTreme

13 minutes ago, Clive said:

She catches more fish than me.......cos I spend more time baiting her hook, or removing fish from her hook.......relaxing!.....would be if I got time to sit and fish.😂

My missus just catches more fish than me, and she has caught the biggest too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Why? You're not going anywhere!

You won......get over it!

Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

What you say @Tango?

Dont tell Sux im still in the EU it will blow a fuse...lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I see trains quite often 🚅........can't afford to take a trip on one though.....

We're 120kms from the nearest working railway station.

Shitload of abandoned ones of course!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

I see trains quite often 🚅........can't afford to take a trip on one though.....

I can I get free travel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Swagman said:

I can I get free travel.

I think I can get a train to Nottingham.......or to Worksop going the other way......I believe I would have to change trains to travel further🤔

@Clive, costing me 55€ to do a one way trip that would have been 500km in a motoway, in first class, which isn’t really first class. Taking way longer, and a half hour stop to change trains in Lisbon, but I don’t think I can really complain about the price.

I don’t get the thing about trains, but then again some people don’t get the thing about bikes either so there you go.

Took care of a british dog while he patiently sat next to me while his human went to the wc, that put a smile on my face.

After 5 and half hours wearing a mask, I took to the restaurant wagon for an expresso at sunset as an excuse for a breather

E3B3A608-B742-4FB0-9854-E3D47B625ED4.thumb.jpeg.912f23d638b412f23c25ce7bbd766963.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

@Clive, costing me 55€ to do a one way trip that would have been 500km in a motoway, in first class, which isn’t really first class. Taking way longer, and a half hour stop to change trains in Lisbon, but I don’t think I can really complain about the price.

I don’t get the thing about trains, but then again some people don’t get the thing about bikes either so there you go.

Took care of a british dog while he patiently sat next to me while his human went to the wc, that put a smile on my face.

After 5 and half hours wearing a mask, I took to the restaurant wagon for an expresso at sunset as an excuse for a breather

E3B3A608-B742-4FB0-9854-E3D47B625ED4.thumb.jpeg.912f23d638b412f23c25ce7bbd766963.jpeg

If you can book a train journey (ticket) well in advance, and travel off peak times, the UK train fares are not too bad.

But if you just turn up on the day, they are expensive.

Costs about £80 from Nottingham to London, on a one way ticket.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

If you can book a train journey (ticket) well in advance, and travel off peak times, the UK train fares are not too bad.

But if you just turn up on the day, they are expensive.

Costs about £80 from Nottingham to London, on a one way ticket.

I gave up driving into London eventually and took the train from the local station. £40 return plus £6 to park the car at the station, but at least I could bung it on expenses. 50 minutes by train or 2.5hrs by car, so that was a win in my book!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Came out the water and made a grab for me but missed, ended up dragging a cow into the murky depths.

Lucky escape.🤣

4 minutes ago, Tango said:

I gave up driving into London eventually and took the train from the local station. £40 return plus £6 to park the car at the station, but at least I could bung it on expenses. 50 minutes by train or 2.5hrs by car, so that was a win in my book!

Is that £40 + parking every day @Tango?.........if so, it's a wedge out of someone's pocket......but eh, they are on great money darn sarf 😂

i cannot remember the last time I travelled by car into central London......never had any need or desire to since....been around it on the M25 more times than I care to remember........that was close enough for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clive said:

Is that £40 + parking every day @Tango?.........if so, it's a wedge out of someone's pocket......but eh, they are on great money darn sarf 😂

i cannot remember the last time I travelled by car into central London......never had any need or desire to since....been around it on the M25 more times than I care to remember........that was close enough for me.

I had a few installations in London where I was travelling down every day for a couple of weeks, but otherwise it was just for the occasional visit to help out the London engineers. My usual patch was the A14 corridor plus Peterborough and Northampton. I had a lot of kit in Ipswich, so I spent quite a bit of time travelling to and from there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tango said:

I had a few installations in London where I was travelling down every day for a couple of weeks, but otherwise it was just for the occasional visit to help out the London engineers. My usual patch was the A14 corridor plus Peterborough and Northampton. I had a lot of kit in Ipswich, so I spent quite a bit of time travelling to and from there. 

Not the A14.😵......that and the M11.....I spent so much time on them roads that I think I knew where every bump in the road was!😂

Ipswich.....I have never been there.....🤔

Oh well, your in a better place now👍......but you can come back occasionally......see what your missing!😂..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Fishing , how fucking boring on a par with watching cricket.

Fishing , how fucking boring on par with looking at bikes in a van.        😂

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Clive said:

Not the A14.😵......that and the M11.....I spent so much time on them roads that I think I knew where every bump in the road was!😂

Ipswich.....I have never been there.....🤔

Oh well, your in a better place now👍......but you can come back occasionally......see what your missing!😂..

I used to do a trunk run for tobacco leaf from Avonmouth to Ipswich and back , god that was a boring journey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1