What's your MPG?

XTreme

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've never noticed that myself Yen. 

Perhaps you are always accelerating or slowing when it is not so noticeable. It only drove me mad when following traffic at a steady speed.

35 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

when following traffic at a steady speed.

No......don't do that!

If I ever encounter traffic I just piss past everything.

Vehicles in front ruin my video!

• Like 1

Touring on small country roads my bike is good for up to 60mpg. It doesn’t really care if I’m carrying luggage or not, and riding sporty doesn’t really affect it much either. Carrying a passenger also didn’t seem to affect it, but I was more gentle if with a passenger. However, motorways that goes to between 45 to 40mpg.

• Like 2

On 22/06/2021 at 20:35, Pedro said:

Touring on small country roads my bike is good for up to 60mpg. It doesn’t really care if I’m carrying luggage or not, and riding sporty doesn’t really affect it much either. Carrying a passenger also didn’t seem to affect it, but I was more gentle if with a passenger. However, motorways that goes to between 45 to 40mpg.

Mine's about the same. I did once get just over 70mpg leading a MAG ride out. I doubt if we ever got over 50mph! A lot of dual carriageway and scoots in tow. Some even broke down. Apparently a steady speed doesn't suit them and they seize up!

1 hour ago, Specs said:

Mine's about the same. I did once get just over 70mpg leading a MAG ride out. I doubt if we ever got over 50mph! A lot of dual carriageway and scoots in tow. Some even broke down. Apparently a steady speed doesn't suit them and they seize up!

70mpg might be possible if really trying, like you're saying, but what really impresses me is how easy it is to get 60 and all you have to do is not go on motorways.

My previous bike, the 1150gs also did close to 60 in Morocco, always with a passenger and never on motorways. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

The Tiger frequently returned less than 40mpg, which I think is abysmal in this day and age. Even riding conservatively only managed mid to high 40s.

That's bad!

Fuel economy is important to me, for three reasons; being environmentally friendly, economy when today I fuelled up at 1,70€ per litre…

and range, my bike does more than 600km on a tank when touring if I stay out of motorways, I toyed with the idea of getting a another bike, like a SuperDuke or a SpeedTriple, and honestly can’t even entertain something that only does a little more than a third that :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

I've sort of given up on the environmentally friendly side of fuel use, As long as there's people in boats burning a £1000 worth of fuel in a weekend i don't think the amount of fuel i burn in a year is going to make the slightest difference to the environment

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've sort of given up on the environmentally friendly side of fuel use, As long as there's people in boats burning a £1000 worth of fuel in a weekend i don't think the amount of fuel i burn in a year is going to make the slightest difference to the environment

It might not, but I wouldn’t tour on a 8 litre/ 100km bike when I have a 5 litre one at home as well, regardless if I’m paying for it

55 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Don't forget your gallon is smaller than ours so you wont get as far with it 

😒

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's the only thing in the States that's smaller than ours, look at the feckin breakfast 😵

maxresdefault.jpg.059855070ee74e663fdc1971eadd60ec.jpg

If I went to the US I'd put on a stone in a week!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

It's the only thing in the States that's smaller than ours, look at the feckin breakfast 😵

maxresdefault.jpg.059855070ee74e663fdc1971eadd60ec.jpg

I wouldn't want the pan cakes on there with egg etc, or maybe hold the syrup. Can't grumble for 2 dollars though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catteeclan said:

I wouldn't want the pan cakes on there with egg etc, or maybe hold the syrup. Can't grumble for 2 dollars though.

Yes i agree the pancakes need to be on a separate plate and treated as a different meal like dessert 

• Like 2

That better be real maple syrup, we dont take kindly to the fake stuff, got a sugar maple on this street i should drain it dry... :littleguy:

tiger does about 52 mpg when just oodling around like yesterday. hooning around or autoroute work it drops to around 45 ish. when I first got it it was only doing 38 but that improved following the first service I had done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Depends on the circumstances.. for the tedious parts of a tour, long stretches of motorway to get down to Folkestone or across Northern France. I get 65+mpg or close to 300 miles from the tank. For rather more vigorous fun. probably around 45. But thats only a guess as its not something I obsess about. On my previous bike an R1100GS it was 45 regardless.

I don't bother allowing the display to show mpg. just range as that is all I'm interested in.

• Like 1