Pedro's food

Pedro

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

🤔 Well that could conceivably work, a bit of peppery rocket to cut through the rest. 

Looks like it’s trying a bit too hard.

So how was it?

Sausages were pretty average but on the plus side I'll eat rocket with almost anything.

• Like 1

Again, melanzane alla parmigiana. You grill aubergine, nothing except heat and a tiny bit of olive oil to moisten them.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpeg.5580cacd6e57e33b65f9f1ddacd10154.jpeg

Then assemble the whole thing in layers similar to a moussaka or a lasagna except no pasta or meat. Tomato sauce (cooked, not from a jar!) / aubergine / tomato sauce + basil + mozzarella + parmesan, and repeat with variations of no mozzarella or no parmesan in a layer, mid layer:

IMG_0509.thumb.jpeg.139531d6f33f459d050e9a2060417c5a.jpeg

Top layer has to have parmesan, for the crust.

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.0b3a266ccae4ea8b7e6bea90a7353e8d.jpeg

This might be more delicious than lasagna, and goes better with toasted bits of bread since there's no pasta in it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Again, melanzane alla parmigiana. You grill aubergine, nothing except heat and a tiny bit of olive oil to moisten them.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpeg.5580cacd6e57e33b65f9f1ddacd10154.jpeg

Then assemble the whole thing in layers similar to a moussaka or a lasagna except no pasta or meat. Tomato sauce (cooked, not from a jar!) / aubergine / tomato sauce + basil + mozzarella + parmesan, and repeat with variations of no mozzarella or no parmesan in a layer, mid layer:

IMG_0509.thumb.jpeg.139531d6f33f459d050e9a2060417c5a.jpeg

Top layer has to have parmesan, for the crust.

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.0b3a266ccae4ea8b7e6bea90a7353e8d.jpeg

This might be more delicious than lasagna, and goes better with toasted bits of bread since there's no pasta in it.

I love this but I am the only one in my family that does ☹️ which is disappointing so I don’t make it. 

With aubergine I even tried the old trick of salt and batter on the veg round the table Teppanyaki table.

I even tried peeling it first but they just genuinely don’t like aubergine. 

Philistines. They’re everywhere. 

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

they just genuinely don’t like aubergine

That just doesn't make sense!

Try making a lasagna, except with thinly chopped shrooms and aubergine instead of minced meat in the sauce.

I love proper aubergines Italian style, grilled and then left with chunks of garlic, salt and olive oil + balsamic vinegar and parsley. You then eat it cold or in sandwiches with cheese, it's proper! But they won't like it. Are they allergic to tasty? 

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That just doesn't make sense!

Try making a lasagna, except with thinly chopped shrooms and aubergine instead of minced meat in the sauce.

I love proper aubergines Italian style, grilled and then left with chunks of garlic, salt and olive oil + balsamic vinegar and parsley. You then eat it cold or in sandwiches with cheese, it's proper! But they won't like it. Are they allergic to tasty? 

I completely agree, it’s just plain wrong! I have made lasagne with it. More than one iteration.

I’ve said nothing so they’re no aware of what they don’t like, left long gaps before having another go but no, they have an aubergine radar that says NO

Some people are sensitive to alkaloids and aubergine has a few so thats all I can think is skewing things. Solanine is a thing apparently. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t tried to sneak so many delicious variations past them 😆

They’re no tomato lover either 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

My thoughts exactly.

They'll love one of my favorite sandwiches, a thick slice of grilled aubergine, tomato, parmesan, mozzarella, and basil 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2023 at 23:02, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I love this but I am the only one in my family that does ☹️ which is disappointing so I don’t make it. 

With aubergine I even tried the old trick of salt and batter on the veg round the table Teppanyaki table.

I even tried peeling it first but they just genuinely don’t like aubergine. 

Philistines. They’re everywhere. 

Aubergines are of the devil.

• Like 1

B9A7F8F1-4C35-4564-AC9C-AE3479AAC64F.thumb.jpeg.af1491dc1eb41e558fa06c3cee392f18.jpegPoulet tikka masala

La Commune, Lyon.

One of the rare indians ive found here that still spices his food properly, most have tuned it down by at least half to cater for the Fremch palette. They even do cheese poppadums FFS! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buckster said:

What was it before you threw it back up?

Great thing about curry, tastes the same coming up as it did going down….

• Haha 1