Pedro's food

Pedro

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

the tea was served in a proper cup and saucer unlike all the plastic tasting disposable crap you get now. 

I agree, a sign that a place has lost any self respect is when beverages start to get served in that shit.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I agree, a sign that a place has lost any self respect is when beverages start to get served in that shit.

I don't remember coffee tasting that bad (but it's still joyless) because it's strongly flavoured enough to over power the plastic coated paper cup taste but the flavour of tea is easily ruined by it. 

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I have fond memories of the Wimpy in Taunton. That's were me and Mr Slowly used to meet up when we were truanting cos there was no chance anyone we knew would eat in there and we wouldn't get caught 😆 The food was inedible but at least the tea was served in a proper cup and saucer unlike all the plastic tasting disposable crap you get now. 

Truanting , now now does  surprise me 

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Truanting , now now does  surprise me 

Stay under the radar, craft a nice small c conservative goody two shoes image, do well in your exams and you you can pretty much do whatever the feck you like and cos you’re above suspicion no-one even notices 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Pedro are you familiar with a chef called Yotam Ottolenghi? He does a lot of Middle Eastern cooking and has some fantastic recipes (a lot of them for free in The Guardian).

He has the ability to get the flavours to the next level in a way that blends both old school and modern. I think you’d really enjoy him. 

5 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

@Pedro are you familiar with a chef called Yotam Ottolenghi? He does a lot of Middle Eastern cooking and has some fantastic recipes (a lot of them for free in The Guardian).

He has the ability to get the flavours to the next level in a way that blends both old school and modern. I think you’d really enjoy him. 

I don't know of him, but I see there's a youtube channel so will check it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

We didn't "play truant".......we fucking mitched!

Then we went shoplifting in town! 

I remember going to the village shop when i was in school it was in the front room of a street house, the old biddy took an age to get out of her living room to the counter, by the time she got there half the chocolate bars had gone by the boys in there having a five finger discount, i'd pay for my quarter of cola cubes couldn't do that to her but Woolworths pick n mix that was a different matter :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

In our early teens we went into a corner shop in Bristol on our way to Easville Market.  It was quite early on a Sunday morning and it became clear that the owner (sat on a stool) was nursing a big hangover.  He told us to sort ourselves out , so we did.  We had about five chocolate bars each , put three pence in the till and took out three pound notes as change :classic_unsure:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, XTreme said:

Of course on this site the Moderators have a different attitude to new members!

"16 minutes of looking at your arse? Fuck off."

That 70S Show Lol GIF by PeacockTV

Pedro isn’t a new member.

15 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Pedro isn’t a new member.

Sorry.....I got confused with the numerous insults you threw out!

It was this one.......

"You need to learn how to ride you knobend."

20 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Sorry.....I got confused with the numerous insults you threw out!

It was this one.......

"You need to learn how to ride you knobend."

That was just friendly encouragement.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I remember going to the village shop when i was in school it was in the front room of a street house, the old biddy took an age to get out of her living room to the counter, by the time she got there half the chocolate bars had gone by the boys in there having a five finger discount, i'd pay for my quarter of cola cubes couldn't do that to her but Woolworths pick n mix that was a different matter :classic_laugh:

Wilkinsons  near work , I get the dogs treats from there … but you have to walk  the pic and mix …. handful of strawberry Bon bons every time .

• Haha 2

When you said a custard tart was an important thing in Portugal I will admit to a quiet scoff but I take that back now I've read this. They sound great. 

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/mar/11/how-to-make-the-perfect-pastel-de-nata-recipe-felicity-cloake

4 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

When you said a custard tart was an important thing in Portugal I will admit to a quiet scoff but I take that back now I've read this. They sound great. 

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/mar/11/how-to-make-the-perfect-pastel-de-nata-recipe-felicity-cloake

They're great, proper Portuguese pastry along with an espresso. A sprinkle of cinnamon powder is mandatory.  

• Like 1