Another Lockdown Coming?

XTreme

So our lockdown begins on Thursday, that's obviously because Boris is giving all the pissheads a chance for a last binge.

What I can't find anywhere is what time on Thursday it starts ?  this is important to me as I'd like to get out for a last ride and Thursdays are best for me.  So does it start at 00.01hrs or one minute past midnight on Thursday ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Apparently there are thousands of Ingurlish claiming that they are Irish just lately   :classic_laugh:

We helped once, we can do it again. :wave:

Send_a_gun_to_defend_poster.thumb.png.4c0a038b58360c3ac2b99468d60e34ec.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boboneleg said:

So our lockdown begins on Thursday, that's obviously because Boris is giving all the pissheads a chance for a last binge.

What I can't find anywhere is what time on Thursday it starts ?  this is important to me as I'd like to get out for a last ride and Thursdays are best for me.  So does it start at 00.01hrs or one minute past midnight on Thursday ?

Thursday morning (00.01 as you said).

You may recall that a couple of months ago I had to take the wife for tests at one of the larger hospitals in the city of Granada......Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves.

VIRGEN-DE-LAS-NIEVES-Y-GENTE-COVID19-Dani-B-17-min.jpg.83519cb134acf86201627321ee76c0ab.jpg

Talking to my mate the Pharmacist this morning he was telling me that it is now purely designated as a Covid Hospital. So things are really bad in the city!

In this town we've got around 100 cases.....but over 50 of those were in an Old Peoples Home. With 3 deaths so far.

Mark my words, there's going to be a Total Lockdown as in March/April coming soon.......because people are just not taking this seriously.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

You may recall that a couple of months ago I had to take the wife for tests at one of the larger hospitals in the city of Granada......Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves.

VIRGEN-DE-LAS-NIEVES-Y-GENTE-COVID19-Dani-B-17-min.jpg.83519cb134acf86201627321ee76c0ab.jpg

Talking to my mate the Pharmacist this morning he was telling me that it is now purely designated as a Covid Hospital. So things are really bad in the city!

In this town we've got around 100 cases.....but over 50 of those were in an Old Peoples Home. With 3 deaths so far.

Mark my words, there's going to be a Total Lockdown as in March/April coming soon.......because people are just not taking this seriously.

You're not wrong Pete, we had 700 morons holding a rave in a warehouse near Bristol this weekend.

Wankers the fucking lot of them ?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/illegal-warehouse-rave-yate-everything-4659535

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

You're not wrong Pete, we had 700 morons holding a rave in a warehouse near Bristol this weekend.

Wankers the fucking lot of them ?

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/illegal-warehouse-rave-yate-everything-4659535

Thing is, Bozo has lost any authority he had to try and enforce restrictions as he's quite happy for his associates to break the rules as they see fit.

• Like 4

I'm seeing on Twitter that people in the UK are saying that despite a Lockdown being in place nothing has changed on the roads and in the towns?

Is that right......is everybody just ignoring it?

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

I'm seeing on Twitter that people in the UK are saying that despite a Lockdown being in place nothing has changed on the roads and in the towns?

I went into London today to visit 2 sites. Roads are the same as usual. My contractor thought the lockdown started tomorrow and I have seen quite a few people on line thinking the same thing. That's the problem with using midnight as a start time, you should use 1or 2am, it makes more sense to people.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I went into London today to visit 2 sites. Roads are the same as usual. My contractor thought the lockdown started tomorrow and I have seen quite a few people on line thinking the same thing. That's the problem with using midnight as a start time, you should use 1or 2am, it makes more sense to people.

I got told that pubs were closed?

6 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Yes, pubs and restaurants. Been pretty quiet here today but we're still working.

Bars and everything else open as normal here....but I reckon that's going to change soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

I rode to work today and didn't see any difference whatsoever, there was still the same amount of traffic on the roads.

In the last lockdown I didn't work but even when I went to do the shopping there wasn't anywhere near that amount of traffic.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

But from what I can see, nobody seems to be taking much notice of it though Dave?

From what I saw today I think there's a difference from the last lockdown.  Last time you were only suppose to go to work if you were a key worker, this time you can go to work if you can't work from home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

Since covid started there's been a huge difference in the traffic on my daily commute even now two of the busiest bottlenecks i had to sit in are just straight through I'm probably travelling 15 to 20 minutes less each day because of it 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

But from what I can see, nobody seems to be taking much notice of it though Dave?

We haven't got the levels of the cities here. Customers are taking measures when dropping/collecting cars, standing aside when passing. Leaving space when queuing.
On the other hand Gt Yarmouth and Lowestoft have big numbers of foreign workers that live and work together. Much higher infection rates.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

You guys seen this?

Coronavirus: Motorists told insurance might be invalid for non-essential trips during lockdown

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-motorists-told-insurance-might-be-invalid-for-non-essential-trips-during-lockdown-12128401

Like insurance companies need any reason to try and get away from covering what they're paid to cover :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

the gvot and press here are subtley leaking tiny hints that lockdown may last beyond Christmas, vague suggestions of the possibility, cannily avoiding questions on the subject etc which to my mind means they already know it will but are letting the idea permeate slowly, almost subconsciously, so that when they have to make the announcement publicly most people have already assimilated the idea and will just say " I told you so" rather than have an uprising.   I knew this would happen any way due to SOD's 3rd rule of holiday.  

i was in confinement from march to mid june. 3rd week June to last week october I worked my nuts off pretty much 6 days a week so that all the other "W"anchors could have their annual holidays, my annual holidays in september were cancelled to enable this. I got my annual holiday end oct 1st half november and will have 2 weeks imposed from mid dec to 2nd jan.   Sod's 3rd rule enters into play and guess what?  

Confinement from 1st november probably lasting till 2nd Jan when I am due back to work...

I do sometimes think that I mast have been akin to Ghengis Khan in a past life...

still, if it goes on for longer than that I'll be on holiday permanantly I expect, so I might actually be able to go riding. 

• Like 2