Another Lockdown Coming?

XTreme

6 hours ago, MooN said:

the gvot and press here are subtley leaking tiny hints that lockdown may last beyond Christmas, vague suggestions of the possibility, cannily avoiding questions on the subject etc which to my mind means they already know it will but are letting the idea permeate slowly, almost subconsciously, so that when they have to make the announcement publicly most people have already assimilated the idea and will just say " I told you so" rather than have an uprising.   I knew this would happen any way due to SOD's 3rd rule of holiday.  

i was in confinement from march to mid june. 3rd week June to last week october I worked my nuts off pretty much 6 days a week so that all the other "W"anchors could have their annual holidays, my annual holidays in september were cancelled to enable this. I got my annual holiday end oct 1st half november and will have 2 weeks imposed from mid dec to 2nd jan.   Sod's 3rd rule enters into play and guess what?  

Confinement from 1st november probably lasting till 2nd Jan when I am due back to work...

I do sometimes think that I mast have been akin to Ghengis Khan in a past life...

still, if it goes on for longer than that I'll be on holiday permanantly I expect, so I might actually be able to go riding. 

I'm still seeing reports that people are not taking any notice of it Chris?

On 06/11/2020 at 07:22, Catteeclan said:

We haven't got the levels of the cities here. Customers are taking measures when dropping/collecting cars, standing aside when passing. Leaving space when queuing.
On the other hand Gt Yarmouth and Lowestoft have big numbers of foreign workers that live and work together. Much higher infection rates.

Since typing this this seemed to have a number of customers walking into the workshop and stand next to you while I'm working and start asking questions.

Think we've got a stupid virus going around here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We might all be saved they've been bleating on about a possible vaccine they have produced which stops covid in 90% of tests subjects  and could be ready for public use before Christmas. I think I'll wait until every fucker else has tried it before i have a go :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

We might all be saved they've been bleating on about a possible vaccine they have produced which stops covid in 90% of tests subjects  and could be ready for public use before Christmas. I think I'll wait until every fucker else has tried it before i have a go :classic_laugh:

I might too Fred, if every fucker tries it and it works we might as well not go for it ....

• Like 1

The vax might work, butt, the way the Western Govts have handled this will destroy their economies from here on and the Euro and the Dollar will sink from the weight of pressure from the Chi.coms.

Expect the dollar to lose world currency status and after that happens all bets are off, when the Mainland moves against Taiwan, you know its on.

:banana121or:

On 09/11/2020 at 14:26, XTreme said:

You guys seen this?

Coronavirus: Motorists told insurance might be invalid for non-essential trips during lockdown

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-motorists-told-insurance-might-be-invalid-for-non-essential-trips-during-lockdown-12128401

From MAG

"We have been asked if riding during the lockdown invalidates your insurance.

The answer from the ABI (Association of British Insurers) is "Your cover will not be affected if you drive during the lockdown period. However, all motorists should follow Government advice and avoid non-essential travel." "

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 14:04, XTreme said:

I'm still seeing reports that people are not taking any notice of it Chris?

I couldn't tell you Pete, cos I'm obeying the rules and not going out...

It is a French national passtime though, finding ways of geting around the rules and regs, they call it " systeme D" and became a national sport during the occupation. I, however have a wife who works in the medical profession and a number of friends who do also at differing levels. They all insist that keeping social interaction to a minimum is the best defence.  Me being idiot and obedient, am staying in. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MooN said:

I They all insist that keeping social interaction to a minimum is the best defence. 

Im not a doctor or a professional at anything and ive been saying that for years!

Humans are a petri dish of toxicity. :banana121or:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I received this from MAG the other day :-

PRESS RELEASE

Recreational motorcycling in England permitted under new measures.

This version: 2020-11-11

The Coalition of Motorcycling Organisations (COMO) has examined legislation and guidance for the new lockdown in England.  If you are not required to self-isolate, the rules do permit riding alone or with one other individual. You are still subject to the social distancing rules and other measures.

Many riders have been asking whether riding alone is allowed under the new lockdown rules.  Government has clearly stated that riding as essential travel is allowed.  We looked into rules on riding for leisure and mental well-being which are not so clear.

We have studied both the legislation and the guidance and have concluded that the rules do permit riding for pleasure, alone or with a mate.

You can ride for recreation on public roads so long as you are:

• on your own
• with one person from another household, or
• with the people you live with (your household) or your support
bubble

Bikers congregating in groups is not allowed under the legislation and will draw unwanted attention, as will any reckless riding.  Please use good judgement and avoid any action that will adversely affect the reputation of motorcycling.

We will publish a revised version of the Covid-safe motorcycling guidelines once we understand the situation after the current lockdown period expires.

• Like 4

This weekend we're going to find out what changes they're going to make to the current restrictions here.

I suspect it's going to get stricter.......and just a matter of time before they incarcerate me in the house again.

No idea what I'm going to do then! I can't even launch a bike forum cos I did that the last time!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

This weekend we're going to find out what changes they're going to make to the current restrictions here.

I suspect it's going to get stricter.......and just a matter of time before they incarcerate me in the house again.

No idea what I'm going to do then! I can't even launch a bike forum cos I did that the last time!

It's getting more serious here as well, more so where most of my clients are than in the rest of the country, poor bastards are getting the worst of it, most of them have at least a couple of employees at home sick or because their wives are sick. A couple I know, clients of mine, were both sick at the same time, it's no joke. I went to collect a payment today, got out of the car into the guy's (actually a friend, not many of those at work) office and back into the car like I was doing a space walk at the International Space Station. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BusBoy said:

Get those farkles now and a Halford tool set. (Or for that matter any project matter and the material to complete it. That's what drove me down. Not having anything to look forward to doing when not working)

Work goes on for me regardless because the servers keep on running.

It's just that I get much less mails and calls to deal with.

• Like 1

I'm going slowly loopy,  forced idleness due to kneee op.  can't even buy any more books cos the book shops are shut... 

I think I should change my internet pseudo to " Beau Nidle" ... :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right Said Fred have hit out at the latest lockdown but tell Sky News they are not COVID deniers and that their position has been "grossly misunderstood".

What I want to know is what Kajagoogoo have to say about the efficacy of the vaccines under development?

And I obviously won't be forming an opinion until the press statement from Status Quo.

• Haha 5

My youngest boy in NL (29) had a Covid test this morning........cos he came into contact with someone who's since been diagnosed as positive.

He gets the results in 36 hours.......so just hoping it comes back negative.

• Like 3

On 20/11/2020 at 13:51, Pedro said:

Covid deniers? Like it's all fake news? :classic_ninja:

amazing isn't it.  My father, who is an intelligent man ( or was ) is still convinced that the whole thing is blown out of all proportion ( though he doesn't actually deny it is a problem).   

In His defence, he has reached an age where he has nothing to loose, thinks the world has become a horrible place and doen't really want to be a pert of it anymore anyway. I just have to remind him gently that that by not obeying the rules on this, though he might not be bothered, he may well infect somebody else who doesn't feel the same way...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MooN said:

amazing isn't it.  My father, who is an intelligent man ( or was ) is still convinced that the whole thing is blown out of all proportion ( though he doesn't actually deny it is a problem).   

In His defence, he has reached an age where he has nothing to loose, thinks the world has become a horrible place and doen't really want to be a pert of it anymore anyway. I just have to remind him gently that that by not obeying the rules on this, though he might not be bothered, he may well infect somebody else who doesn't feel the same way...

Some days I don't really feel like being a part of the world, or that indeed it doesn't deserve to exist, however most people that feel this way don't wish others to go through the same feelings. It's a tough way to exist. 

Covid being blown out of proportion or not, I think depends on where you live or spend most of your time. If he lives somewhere quiet that has yet to be seriously affected, or doesn't speak to people who are affected, I can see why he thinks it's blown out of proportion. 

• Like 1