Freddie Dobbs' Bonneville T100 SE Saga

Tango

On 11/02/2024 at 21:07, XTreme said:

I'll tell you a story about that.

Around 2000 the wife fancied riding a bike so I got her a little 125. We did it properly.....she went to a training school. Then she failed her CBT and kept going back and they told her she still wasn't ready.

So I got involved and we took the 125 to the old campground in Carmarthen so I could see her riding. And she was awful.....totally abysmal, no natural ability, and a danger to herself.

I had to tell her to forget it because it wasn't going to end well.

Then in 2005 I got a DT175 for the boys to have a good at riding offroad. The eldest one who was 17 then (now in Madrid) was exactly like his mother.......no ability or coordination. So I told him forget it!

By contrast, the youngest one who was 14 (he's the one in NL now) was a fucking natural. He was belting round offroad with me following him on a mate's field bike......he was even drifting the back end without even knowing how he was doing it.

Incredible natural ability......but unfortunately he was just going way beyond his level of experience. Till he binned it heavily! He was OK.....just winded, but it just put him off and he never rode again.

Then I got on it, pulled a massive wheelie up a wet bank and binned it again, landing on my face! This time bending the handlebars like a banana. And those two things put him off forever.

But it shows that ability is inherited......you've either got it or you haven't.

FILE566.JPG.7b3c6e6e6292c087dde2a27bdb0a27e7.JPG

So the milkman was a natural then?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Buckster said:

He will sully the brand.

Probably, but I thought Warrs sounded and interesting place.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saul said:

Probably, but I thought Warrs sounded and interesting place.   

Fred Warr was something of a legend in terms of Harleys......he died a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

On 23/02/2024 at 11:37, XTreme said:

Fred Warr was something of a legend in terms of Harleys......he died a couple of years ago.

The family became a Harley dealer 100 years ago this year.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 11:09, Tango said:

This bunch, about 5 minutes into the video!

that vfr was clean for the miles on it

• Like 2

On 22/02/2024 at 19:48, Saul said:

Freddies in love with Harley again.  Pretty interesting vid really.  

Did he get bummed into the middle of next week in there ?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Saul said:

Freddies latest vid where he is hawking his home made tool rolls.  They look okayish but £98.99 FFS.

Don't think he's put much in the tool roll to help in times of need either.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Don't think he's put much in the tool roll to help in times of need either.

Yes, well if it's like him it'll probably be stylish but f*ucking useless 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Freddie’s Libertatia Tool Roll for £98.99 inc carriage 

libertatia.thumb.webp.81dc0654bdad8ec95196b1d211eb006f.webp

My tool roll from Temu for £4.73

IMG_1743.thumb.jpeg.d940a18659260a5ed56b69c4409811fc.jpegIMG_1744.thumb.jpeg.b7fb6aeed44deaffe74d918b58b2a057.jpeg

Guess I will never be Hip 😥😥😥

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Saul said:

Freddie’s Libertatia Tool Roll for £98.99 inc carriage 

libertatia.thumb.webp.81dc0654bdad8ec95196b1d211eb006f.webp

My tool roll from Temu for £4.73

IMG_1743.thumb.jpeg.d940a18659260a5ed56b69c4409811fc.jpegIMG_1744.thumb.jpeg.b7fb6aeed44deaffe74d918b58b2a057.jpeg

Guess I will never be Hip 😥😥😥

you dont want to be at that price

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/02/2024 at 21:23, Pedro said:

The man is a walking drama queen.

I find him very annoying and lacking in any technical department. He constantly quotes wrong stats on bikes. Did'nt he ride back from France on one cylinder when the plug cap fell off. On another occasion the same thing happened and he went to remove the spark plug and realised he hadn't packed the ratchet arm? I wouldn't admit to it let alone film it! He seems to have a lot of followers so good for him but not for me, a posh boy with little common sense.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Marco said:

I find him very annoying and lacking in any technical department. He constantly quotes wrong stats on bikes. Did'nt he ride back from France on one cylinder when the plug cap fell off. On another occasion the same thing happened and he went to remove the spark plug and realised he hadn't packed the ratchet arm? I wouldn't admit to it let alone film it! He seems to have a lot of followers so good for him but not for me, a posh boy with little common sense.

I don't know......maybe playing the buffoon is just a ploy to get hits, which equals more revenue?

After all, you can get right to the top in Britain by playing the buffoon! There's definitely an audience for it! 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

After all, you can get right to the top in Britain by playing the buffoon! There's definitely an audience for it! 

What are you trying to say :classic_laugh:

johnson-1701874291.webp.531e828ad6b24e1660c011949a709971.webp

• Haha 5

On 05/02/2024 at 14:46, Pedro said:

then trying to pose around while talking, 

I’ve been following that rebuild, all a bit concerning. 

I can’t watch him any more. His videos seem to have more posing and less interesting content. Just watched, skipped most of it, his trip to Wales. Sitting at a table in Elan Valley, and a lot about a cafe near Abergavenny. That’s Wales? 
You’re right Pete. Small wonder that people consider him a twat. 

He did like the Transalp though. 

• Haha 6

On 01/03/2024 at 12:36, Marco said:

You sound like a discerning person, welcome!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Saul said:

Hes reached a new low with this vid.  And he didn't even know an E23 🙄

It’s an E21. I love when he creates a pause to announce in about …. 5 hours time. He’s such a … twat.

• Haha 2

So has anyone invited him to join? We need a replacement for the boredom section.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Pedro said:

It’s an E21. I love when he creates a pause to announce in about …. 5 hours time. He’s such a … twat.

Opps,  the E23 was the 7 series of the time 😳