MOT buggery

Buckster

Bike failed it’s MOT, rear tyre which is fair enough but also warped front discs which were only fitted 7000 miles ago, anyone here had problems with EBC discs? Bike back home now for the repairs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

Bike failed it’s MOT, rear tyre which is fair enough but also warped front discs which were only fitted 7000 miles ago, anyone here had problems with EBC discs? Bike back home now for the repairs.

My bike's too boring to fail MOT's and warp discs!

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

Yes.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Are the brakes rubbing slightly I had a problem with the front discs on my old AT because of that. discs were like a dish when I took them off 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Isn’t it time someone gave you a 

Fingers crossed 🏍 

Not really, being on my pension i could not afford to run a bike. 😔 

• Sad 3

I will have the tyre Thursday, local auto parts distributor is a distributor for Avon car tyres, they checked and can get bike tyres too so gave me a hefty discount because I’m such a great guy.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Are the brakes rubbing slightly I had a problem with the front discs on my old AT because of that. discs were like a dish when I took them off 

No, calipers seem fine, I may pull them and give them a rebuild anyway.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Buckster said:

I will have the tyre Thursday, local auto parts distributor is a distributor for Avon car tyres, they checked and can get bike tyres too so gave me a hefty discount because I’m such a great guy.

Avoid Avon as they seem to crack up fast.
As for EBC, I don't know if you remember but I had one on my xl600lm, started to pulse after about 500 miles. Wasn't that bad so never did anything about it. Was a good while ago now though.

Edit, the hub and disc now live on the from of the dominator, still warped.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Avoid Avon as they seem to crack up fast.
As for EBC, I don't know if you remember but I had one on my xl600lm, started to pulse after about 500 miles. Wasn't that bad so never did anything about it. Was a good while ago now though.

Edit, the hub and disc now live on the from of the dominator, still warped.

Avon Cobra Chromes are well rated, I want to see how many miles the rear will do, if it lasts more than 10k then I will be happy, otherwise I will go back to Michelin.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Avon Cobra Chromes are well rated, I want to see how many miles the rear will do, if it lasts more than 10k then I will be happy, otherwise I will go back to Michelin.

Agrinax radials are meant to be good 

IMG_8967.webp

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Agrinax radials are meant to be good 

IMG_8967.webp

That’s what I have on now, thought I would try something different.

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

No idea of them on bikes, but on cars with sports use I think EBC is complete shit compared to proper brands.

I have an oversized EBC disc on the front of the dog it got bent once when a big rock flipped up and hit it, i found out at the bottom of the hill i was on when the brake lever pulled all the way to the handlebar with no slowing down the bent disc had pushed the pistons back in the brake caliper so i had to pump the lever to slow down. I fixed it on the trail with an adjustable spanner, i could see where the rock hit so put the spanner on there and pulled it back and its still on the bike now not bent and no pulsing on the lever i think i had a lucky pull  

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, Buckster said:

I wouldn't touch EBC stuff now, I had two different sets of brake pads delaminate over the past year.  Either their QC has gone down the pan or their supply chain has been infiltrated by knock-offs .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Buckster said:

We've got a customers fat-boy in at the moment and that's the tyres we've fitted on it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Buckster said:

My Versys discs seemed to be warped from very early on, I could always feel them pulsing when slowing down. I cleaned the disc buttons using brake cleaner spray with a bolt, washers and nuts to spring them open and it seemed to sort them. These are the 103,000 mile discs the dealer who videoed the bike said must be replacement discs.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's a bit insulting Bob what did he do to you

He and his partner are shit hot engineers, we give them measurements and they make ace stuff.

Thats the only reason we’re prepared to work on his Fat Boy (silly name) 😁

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

He and his partner are shit hot engineers, we give them measurements and they make ace stuff.

Thats the only reason we’re prepared to work on his Fat Boy (silly name) 😁

He and his partner?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479q1rever4rcvwaikj0

• Haha 5