Deliveroo riders (and others)

boboneleg

Has anyone else noticed how these delivery drivers ride around with a leg (or both) continuously sticking out !

WTF is that all about 🤔

I followed this twat for about a mile riding like that 😬

2C7665EC-D817-4F2E-8719-DD67DB07ED7F.thumb.jpeg.ea6f54e67326b0732859874a43e87bab.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

A young guy on our street rides a 125 (think it's a Lexmoto) bike.

Followed him once, every bend and on the roundabout (near us) he was putting is leg out speedway style......maybe he has watched too much MotoGP. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Loads of them do it here (even on bigger bikes)......no idea why!

Same here Pete but mainly in the very hot weather when some of the tarmac is super slippery. Usually deployed on roundabouts. 😝

• Like 3

I sort of understand it on bends especially if the rider has a background of riding moto cross but that twat had been riding down a straight road for about a mile and they all seem to do it ..............

IMG_1421.GIF.a1f063edcf5adf7ca4a6112d88ba161a.GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Has anyone else noticed how these delivery drivers ride around with a leg (or both) continuously sticking out !

WTF is that all about 🤔

2C7665EC-D817-4F2E-8719-DD67DB07ED7F.thumb.jpeg.ea6f54e67326b0732859874a43e87bab.jpeg

That's the leg with the length of steel pipe down it, in case someone tries to mug them.

• Haha 7

Saw a guy do that the other day on a Tenere 700, ride around with a leg dangling down around town. Must be something people think is cool :classic_laugh:  or maybe they just need to be ready for instant stopping :classic_laugh:

Hence, they're twats.

• Haha 5

Done some internet searching and according to several academic publications and learned journals there’s a good reason for it.

Here’s why racers do it;

“Dangling your leg into this high-speed airstream results in a significant force on the rider's leg as it acts like a small parachute, creating a turning moment by pulling the riders leg around his core. This in turn encourages a pull on the outside handlebar, further helping to turn the bike through counter-steering”

…….and here’s why non-racers do it;

“They are cunts”

……so it must be true 😝

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I have been guilty of doing that but it's usually because i have cramp in my thigh

Funny that because I get cramp in my groin………only when I’m riding (my bike) 😝

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I’m guilty of dangling both legs and using the rear pegs on long rides for a bit of movement but can’t help with that one .

Real bikes have cruising pegs.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Skippy said:

Done some internet searching and according to several academic publications and learned journals there’s a good reason for it.

Here’s why racers do it;

“Dangling your leg into this high-speed airstream results in a significant force on the rider's leg as it acts like a small parachute, creating a turning moment by pulling the riders leg around his core. This in turn encourages a pull on the outside handlebar, further helping to turn the bike through counter-steering”

…….and here’s why non-racers do it;

“They are cunts”

……so it must be true 😝

Alternatively they can sign up to the Buckster school of motorcycle trail braking excellence. 

• Haha 2

On 26/01/2023 at 14:48, boboneleg said:

WTF is that all about 🤔

perhaps he is used to stabalisers 

• Haha 1