Your Day Today!

XTreme

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I just realized that within a week I’ll have been a member of the Horizons Unlimited forum for 20 years!

The Daily Show Wow GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Because I have no personal computer at the moment, only my work one, I am missing loads of bike stuff short cuts and that was one of them, I'd forgotten all about it. So I googled it, got my user name wrong a few times then managed to log in. 21 years and 40 weeks since I joined, probably 20 years since I posted anything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's one of the most competent race bikes ever, wash your tongue!

It may be , but it fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down 

7 minutes ago, Six30 said:

It may be , but it fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down 

If the fairing was on it you would be touching yourself.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes you tell him never did a post get me so exited and disappointed at the same time :classic_laugh:

He might flounce.

• Haha 2

Had a better nights sleep last night, and apart from one of two bouts of hard coughing I haven't been too bad.

My ribs and back are still painful because of the hard coughing, but the anti-inflammatories are helping a bit.

This has been far worse than Covid, or any bout of flu I've ever had, so what the hell is it exactly?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yen_powell said:

Because I have no personal computer at the moment, only my work one, I am missing loads of bike stuff short cuts and that was one of them, I'd forgotten all about it. So I googled it, got my user name wrong a few times then managed to log in. 21 years and 40 weeks since I joined, probably 20 years since I posted anything.

I've been on adv rider for 20 years and probably Horizons as well - I'll try to log  in as you did - if I can - and see. Doubt I ever posted there though.

edit: Almost 20 years - a few months to go . 3 whole posts too!

hubbs.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Earache said:

Local guy shot and killed a cat in our area. He's a 6'5" tall former football player for the Denver Broncos; so that's a big cat!

Mtn lion.jpg

Do you kill them for sport, or was he threatening his place? Can't help but not like to see an animal like that shot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Earache said:

I've been on adv rider for 20 years and probably Horizons as well - I'll try to log  in as you did - if I can - and see. Doubt I ever posted there though.

edit: Almost 20 years - a few months to go . 3 whole posts too!

hubbs.jpg

I was shocked at how many sub forums it has now, I'm sure it was only a quarter of that all those years ago.

2 hours ago, Earache said:

Local guy shot and killed a cat in our area. He's a 6'5" tall former football player for the Denver Broncos; so that's a big cat!

Mtn lion.jpg

Why did he shoot it ?

• Like 2

Well, that was just fucking stupid

Drove up the Black Mountain to get some scenery shots, it was full of wankers everywhere blocking the roads so they could play in the snow, soooo I had an idea.

"I know" I though to myself, "I'll head up Betws Mountain, that won't be busy", I know a short cut through route I used to take on the dirt bikes when I came off Rhiwfawr and headede up Baran Mountain. so off I set, I very quickly realised it may not have been the best idea I ever had, especially in my Shitroen C3, asx the first obstacle I remembered I always encountered on route was a sheet of ice across  that always forms when it's cold, sod that though I know it well enough to get a sensible speed up and skaet over it, job done, this is a very trick and tight single track road with just enough room for one car and in places it has sheer drops one one side and ditches the other, but persist I did, please with myself at getting up some of the snow and ice covered inclines and round some of the 180 tight hill turns on single tracks, I was just 5 minutes from destination when I encountered a long steep hill so I got as much speed as I could muster trying my best to not let the wheels spin but alas half way up it just wouldn't grip any more, FUCK, I had come down similar sloaps to get where I was, I managed to very gingerly revers down the frozen slope and got to a point that was a tiny bit wider but not really enough to turn in, I managed it anyway by reversing the rear end as much as I could up a bank but then had to gather grit from the river in the small valley in front of the car placed the grit in front of my front wheels (its a front wheel drive POS), hit the accelerator so the front end slid round to the right rather than going off down the valley and into the river, whooo hoo, job down, continued back on the road  I came down juft to find another hill too steep to ascend, FUCK again, nobody here no phone signal. I began to liitterally scrape the tarmac with a windscreen ice scraper and only had about 200m of it to clear LOL, fortunately before done some other cars got stuck too further down so we all chipped in and got one car up at a time, one of them had been further along the route all night (twat), eventually got home, frozen hands and not one fucking picture.

Here's the route, have a ball and do a street view imagining it covered in frozen snow and ice

GPS co-ords for start 51.761599, -3.880478

GPS co-ords for stuck point 51.765916, -3.927134

Screenshot 2023-01-21 5.08.59 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Do you kill them for sport, or was he threatening his place? Can't help but not like to see an animal like that shot.

Not for sport - to keep them from attacking livestock and pets mostly. They'll attack humans as well.

We've had a huge spike in the number of attacks around here lately. I see their tracks in the snow in my yard all the time - hate like Hell to meet up with one in the yard some night.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

I was shocked at how many sub forums it has now, I'm sure it was only a quarter of that all those years ago.

No kidding. So many threads  - makes the search function about worthless. Needs to be pared down a bit.

52 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Why did he shoot it ?

Attacked livestock and pets in the area. Just a matter of time before it goes after a child or adult.

They are relocated once and if they come back they're killed to prevent loss of life to others. Sad but has to be done.

Same is done with bears here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Earache said:

Attacked livestock and pets in the area. Just a matter of time before it goes after a child or adult.

They are relocated once and if they come back they're killed to prevent loss of life to others. Sad but has to be done.

is a shame , understandable though

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Earache said:

Attached livestock and pets in the area. Just a matter of time before it goes after a child or adult.

I find it quite sad as we don't have any problems like that here although i wish those rules applied to some people LOL, I do understand as we do have animals that are pests and are legal to shoot and have seen first hand how people react that are totally disconnected from reality, i used to shoot rats years ago up the lane from my house on the weekends for the guys that ran the allotments there, i killed more than a dozen every weekend for months and they would still keep coming, but people couldn't see them as a problem so killing something like a big cat would drive them crazy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Well, that was just fucking stupid

Drove up the Black Mountain to get some scenery shots, it was full of wankers everywhere blocking the roads so they could play in the snow, soooo I had an idea.

"I know" I though to myself, "I'll head up Betws Mountain, that won't be busy", I know a short cut through route I used to take on the dirt bikes when I came off Rhiwfawr and headede up Baran Mountain. so off I set, I very quickly realised it may not have been the best idea I ever had, especially in my Shitroen C3, asx the first obstacle I remembered I always encountered on route was a sheet of ice across  that always forms when it's cold, sod that though I know it well enough to get a sensible speed up and skaet over it, job done, this is a very trick and tight single track road with just enough room for one car and in places it has sheer drops one one side and ditches the other, but persist I did, please with myself at getting up some of the snow and ice covered inclines and round some of the 180 tight hill turns on single tracks, I was just 5 minutes from destination when I encountered a long steep hill so I got as much speed as I could muster trying my best to not let the wheels spin but alas half way up it just wouldn't grip any more, FUCK, I had come down similar sloaps to get where I was, I managed to very gingerly revers down the frozen slope and got to a point that was a tiny bit wider but not really enough to turn in, I managed it anyway by reversing the rear end as much as I could up a bank but then had to gather grit from the river in the small valley in front of the car placed the grit in front of my front wheels (its a front wheel drive POS), hit the accelerator so the front end slid round to the right rather than going off down the valley and into the river, whooo hoo, job down, continued back on the road  I came down juft to find another hill too steep to ascend, FUCK again, nobody here no phone signal. I began to liitterally scrape the tarmac with a windscreen ice scraper and only had about 200m of it to clear LOL, fortunately before done some other cars got stuck too further down so we all chipped in and got one car up at a time, one of them had been further along the route all night (twat), eventually got home, frozen hands and not one fucking picture.

Here's the route, have a ball and do a street view imagining it covered in frozen snow and ice

GPS co-ords for start 51.761599, -3.880478

GPS co-ords for stuck point 51.765916, -3.927134

Screenshot 2023-01-21 5.08.59 PM.png

Steve Coogan This Time GIF by Baby Cow

• Haha 3