Your Day Today!

XTreme

15 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You do realise the Labour government in Wales is ultimately controlled by the funding and devolved powers they get from Westminster?

They are able to do a few things like speed limits, Covid restrictions etc......but they're powerless to do anything about the lack of funding to the NHS, Schools etc.

NHS in Wales gets slightly more per person than England does from westminster ... and its Labour that spends the money it gets from westminster how it sees fit... just face it Labour are fucking useless as are Conservative  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, XTreme said:

I know nothing about day to day living in Wales.

Has it changed much since 2005?

Thinking about it Its hard to say really there's so many little things that's changed over the years you don't notice them as it's just part of life, obviously there have been some big changes as there have been for people all over the world. Where i live was considered to be a real rough area, back in the 70's and 80's it was on par with the likes of the Gurnos or Lansbury park but we never seen any real trouble here like that and it certainly doesn't have that reputation any more. The south wales valleys and surrounding areas have had a hell of a lot of redevelopment making it a more pleasant place to live although traffic around here is crazy at rush hour times that is something i have noticed get worse over the years, if you drove up through the valleys now you would find it hard to spot any evidence of the coal industry, gone are almost all of the slag heaps and pit's but the slags still roam the streets lol. One of the biggest differences i can see from my younger life to now is the pub culture has gone, i used to enjoy a few pints in the local pub talking face to face with people it was something i thought i would still be doing now, since that has gone i don't really know any of my neighbours their all strangers but saying that i like it that way now, There also seems to be a lot more money about or it might be debt because it's probably all on tick. I think i have changed more than anything as in what i used to enjoy in life seems like a bit of a chore now and i have mellowed with age, i used to be a very angry young man but now i tend to let things wash over me and i find life in general is easier and less stressful, probably because i don't care about things that wind a lot of people up such as politics. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Thinking about it Its hard to say really there's so many little things that's changed over the years you don't notice them as it's just part of life

That's the thing really......when you're there you don't notice all the little changes.

But I expect for someone like me it would be very noticeable......like with that Yuppie area in Swansea that once used to be the docks!

• Like 1

Was talking to someone who lived a couple of doors down but now lives a couple of miles away to a smaller house. We knew everyone and talked to all on our road. She was saying people have changed but I think it's a lot to do with our kids, who all played together have now moved on/out.

I also agree with six, they're all self serving cunts and have no interest in anything other than their own personal gain. Sack the lot and get a few business men/women in.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i dont go out in the dark 

I've got to agree with the annoying cunt here.....though our reasons are different.

I'm worried about wild animals on the road like deer and boar.........while he's worried about the Boogeyman!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

That's the thing really......when you're there you don't notice all the little changes.

But I expect for someone like me it would be very noticeable......like with that Yuppie area in Swansea that once used to be the docks!

Yes you would it will be a big difference from when you were here last. They have done the same in Cardiff and Barry docks as well 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Yes you would it will be a big difference from when you were here last. They have done the same in Cardiff and Barry docks as well 

Over 30 years since I left Swansea.......never been back.

I've seen drive through vids of the place and both me and the wife haven't got a clue about where they actually are.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Clive said:

And yet we will still have the loud pipes saves lives crowd defending the noise. In the long run they will be right of course because we will see motorcycles banned everywhere, nobody will be allowed to own one so there will be no more motorcycle related deaths. What a result for the loud pipes saves lives crowd that will be, they can sit at home content that they were right all along.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Looking wet there Pete who did you send to the front line to take the photo :classic_laugh:

It was me......tip-toeing round the pools! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Not going to the Dragon today Bob

No, my mates have gone but I have a stag weekend next week so I decided not to try for two pass outs 😁

• Like 4

BBC weatherman tells porkies 😡.  Dry, and sun trying to shine.

Off to help (hinder more like) son in law to put up a steel shed. Wake Up What GIF by Laff

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

BBC weatherman tells porkies 😡.  Dry, and sun trying to shine.

Off to help (hinder more like) son in law to put up a steel shed. Wake Up What GIF by Laff

Good luck with that those things are a pain to put up.   

• Like 4

Spent the last hour trying to get Netflix back after my daughter changed the language settings to Vietnamese.    You would have thought at 16 she would know better or at least fixed it herself.  😳

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Saul said:

Spent the last hour trying to get Netflix back after my daughter changed the language settings to Vietnamese.    You would have thought at 16 she would know better or at least fixed it herself.  😳

Bet that was fun...

Register To Vote GIF by Washington Secretary of State

• Haha 1