Your Day Today!

XTreme

22 minutes ago, Tango said:

We're back to the UK for a few days next week. Mandy has to visit a customer in Cardiff, so I'm flying over with her and then I'm heading to my mum's for a couple of days. Then we're meeting in London on Friday and heading up to Cambridgeshire to see my lads and Mandy's son and then flying back on Sunday morning. €100 for the return flight for me.

My lads are coming over at the beginning of June for a week. They got return flights for just over £100 for the pair of them! 

Costing us €650 for NL.....it's high season in July!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Oh look, the beach that I used to ride along many years ago

Me to Bob there's signs there restricting everyone now although i think they were there when i was riding it years ago :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Well that's me just getting up after my 21½ hrs shift at work yesterday.... 

Started 3am yesterday and drove up to thirsk then got a truck from thirsk to sherbert in your helmet, got dropped off in Bedford for a run down to Purfleet, a taxi to Leyton and then another gritter up to thirsk all in all about 18 hrs behind the wheel of trucks.....

And work then got surprised when I told then am I fuck on the road today..... bunch of twats 

They really wouldn't have cared if I'd worked 24hrs straight dropped off the gritter and then gone off on to another pick up and they say we're not under duress to get the job done

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Started 3am yesterday and drove up to thirsk then got a truck from thirsk to sherbert in your helmet, got dropped off in Bedford for a run down to Purfleet, a taxi to Leyton and then another gritter up to thirsk all in all about 18 hrs behind the wheel of trucks.....

And work then got surprised when I told then am I fuck on the road today..... bunch of twats 

They really wouldn't have cared if I'd worked 24hrs straight dropped off the gritter and then gone off on to another pick up and they say we're not under duress to get the job done

How many prozzie kills in 22 hours ?

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

Don't you have a tacho?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Don't you have a tacho?

Good question , but as he only drove about an hour on the first journey and then about 6 hours on the second journey I'd say he was well within his driving hours .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Good question , but as he only drove about an hour on the first journey and then about 6 hours on the second journey I'd say he was well within his driving hours .

Haha yeah would have been good had that been the case but between Monday morning and 11pm last night when I got home I did slightly over 56 hours driving over that 3 day period and worked closer to 63 hours and the time I wasn't working I was asleep so 9hours sleep over that time over that time was shit, don't think I'd last very long on that kind of balance.

Today though I've been offered a start next Tuesday for the place I've been working at doing the holiday cover as one of the guys there has just handed his notice in, im working there again next week anyway so will find out the gen and will most likely go there as I'll be minimum £500 a month better off as its a 5 mile commute rather than 40 miles a day to Middlesbrough and back, and I get my own truck so don't have to keep transferring all my prozzie killing gear from one truck to another.

It's a no brainer 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Me to Bob there's signs there restricting everyone now although i think they were there when i was riding it years ago :classic_laugh:

The photo is a bit grainy as it's about 25 years ago but that is on Port Talbot beach

IMG_4557.thumb.jpeg.e3e62cfb70088bfd85647d533918d501.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

It's Aberavon!

Nope , it's definitely the steel works end as we used to ride through the dunes behind Kenfig golf club to get to it and then ride out through Margam Moors to get out.  We got chased once by the steel works security :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Why has my other half taken the day off, upsetting my routine.:classic_huh:

I'm sure my wife is wondering that too, I took yesterday off because of the shifts I put in and today we are off to the south for my mum's birthday. 

Just waiting for the child to finish nursery and then we will be getting on the road 

• Like 4

Had labyrinthitus/ vertigo for most of the week, so I've felt fairly shit for most of it. Seems to be clearing up a bit now,  so hopefully I'll be OK to fly on Tuesday! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tango said:

Had labyrinthitus/ vertigo for most of the week, so I've felt fairly shit for most of it. Seems to be clearing up a bit now,  so hopefully I'll be OK to fly on Tuesday! 

Don’t pick the scabs.

• Haha 2