Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Going to Cardiff the equivalent of Albox for Pete but probably worse to look for a new sofa, God i wish this was an April fools joke.

Bake Off No GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Luckily i didn't have to go into Cardiff as there are four furniture stores over the hill from me in Talbot Green. We visited all four and we have decided on a sofa hopefully that's something i wont have to do for another 18 years but the wife drops another bombshell by saying you will have to paint the living room before the new one arrives another job i hate doing  😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Luckily i didn't have to go into Cardiff as there are four furniture stores over the hill from me in Talbot Green. We visited all four and we have decided on a sofa hopefully that's something i wont have to do for another 18 years but the wife drops another bombshell by saying you will have to paint the living room before the new one arrives another job i hate doing  😬

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I recon you were waiting in the background to see how it panned out before commenting :classic_laugh:

No......that was when I saw it!

It was fucking obvious!

• Haha 1

Been watching Ricky Zoom with the grandkids......they're talking bikes!

There's a Harley type bike in it.....however it's not calling everybody a greasy kebab-eating cunt! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

So I’m not saying I’m sore about falling for Freds April fool but I can say this cheered me just a bit.

All the tools etc for the alps trip were delivered today and my son took in what arrived before he left for his lecture. He said the sportsbikeshop stuff was dry but it had hammered down while he was a uni and some parcels were soaking. 

We ask him to open them up and check for water damage. He dutifully does. 

But we think the compressor needs checking that its really working, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree…. Hahahaaa

EEA04ABC-9119-4B6B-8F91-25F050A7A349.thumb.jpeg.7520839a108e030a34a130295a49c214.jpeg

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So I’m not saying I’m sore about falling for Freds April fool but I can say this cheered me just a bit.

All the tools etc for the alps trip were delivered today and my son took in what arrived before he left for his lecture. He said the sportsbikeshop stuff was dry but it had hammered down while he was a uni and some parcels were soaking. 

But we think the compressor needs checking it that its working, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree…. Hahahaaa

EEA04ABC-9119-4B6B-8F91-25F050A7A349.thumb.jpeg.7520839a108e030a34a130295a49c214.jpeg

Quite the lungs on him if he managed to make it move :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

i am officially "a bit miffed" this evening.

I will admit to being  a little overweight ( though I have been the same weight fro the last 10 years), so a couple of years ago I decided to reduce my sugar intake. I basically eliminated sugar form everything I could, tea and coffe, stopped eating stuff that I can't face without adding sugar ( yoghurt, cereal, etc) but changed little else.  I had a blood test today and apparently my blood sugar levels are off the scale having skyrocketed since my last blood test a year ago... WTF!

I think my wife says I can now only eat salad or raw carrots, with possibly some green beans, but steamed rather than properly cooked...

there was a phrase that sprung immediatly to mind... "Fuck...That....Shit" 

I have now decided to transition, and from now on I identify as a slim healthy person and any one who says otherwise will find themselves in court with a lawsuit for refusing to aknowledge my right to identify as something other than what I was born as. 

You have been warned!   🖕

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, MooN said:

i am officially "a bit miffed" this evening.

I will admit to being  a little overweight ( though I have been the same weight fro the last 10 years), so a couple of years ago I decided to reduce my sugar intake. I basically eliminated sugar form everything I could, tea and coffe, stopped eating stuff that I can't face without adding sugar ( yoghurt, cereal, etc) but changed little else.  I had a blood test today and apparently my blood sugar levels are off the scale having skyrocketed since my last blood test a year ago... WTF!

I think my wife says I can now only eat salad or raw carrots, with possibly some green beans, but steamed rather than properly cooked...

there was a phrase that sprung immediatly to mind... "Fuck...That....Shit" 

I have now decided to transition, and from now on I identify as a slim healthy person and any one who says otherwise will find themselves in court with a lawsuit for refusing to aknowledge my right to identify as something other than what I was born as. 

You have been warned!   🖕

hows that then , if you cut out sugar ...

@Slowlycatchymonkey opinion please

Just now, Six30 said:

hows that then , if you cut out sugar ...

That is exacyly my point. Everybody says "Beer"!  However I drink less than a beer a week on average so it ain't that. 

On 01/04/2023 at 20:43, MooN said:

That is exacyly my point. Everybody says "Beer"!  However I drink less than a beer a week on average so it ain't that. 

carbs in food such as Potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, and cereals could be your problem being a type 2 diabetic it's something i should be more knowledgeable about but i'm not
Have a read of this 
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/carbohydrates-and-blood-sugar/

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Will you be shipping your new sofa to Spain ?

asking for a friend :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

On 31/03/2023 at 21:33, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Goddam I only voted for Pete cos he managed to take a pic without a topbox 😆

I fully intended to switch to six’s a the last hurdle but was busy. 

Shite. 

Viva Suzuki!

oh well fucking done .... and thanks for nothing...  im now blaming you for my 3 month ban.

• Haha 2

Well thats a bummer @MooN

Spent a lot of my life ministering diabetics and it’s exhausting because mainly you’re saying things they don't want to hear. 

Some folk can eat what’s considered an appalling  diet and quite simply get away with.. everything.

Some folk are as dedicated to a new regime as you could possibly be and still find their natural biology working against them. 

The hard facts are regardless of biology the test results don’t lie, you can’t show stressors in your blood results if your body can cope with them. 

So you’re gonna have to make some changes if you don't want to suffer the complications of diabetes. 

You like your legs, you want to be able to continue using them, you probably like the way your wee willy winky works so don’t compromise your blood flow with dumb ass diabetes.

You absolutely don’t have to eat salady shite for the rest of your life BUT you do need to consider the glycemic index of a food, look at some of the cooler glucose monitors out there and TBH losing weight and physical exercise can scare diabetes away for good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

But we think the compressor needs checking that its really working, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree…. Hahahaaa

@Slowlycatchymonkey you’ll like these , some real gems 

8A0663E1-CCCD-47F9-A4E6-4514C60E2E47.jpeg

• Haha 2