Your Day Today!

XTreme

4 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

But why not, there’s nothing inherently wrong with the basic ingredient Spanish pork is there?!

Spanish "pigs" are well travelled animals, they are born in Spain, then if they want the "black pig" seal on the pork they have to graze on acorns for a certain amount of time, so they sometimes get driven to Portugal where they rent a farm for the grazing, then drive back to Spain to die and then sometimes back to Portugal in ham form or other dried meats, or in that case fly to the UK for the sausage factory, to then fly back to Spain. What's wrong with us? 

If it's not black pig, then they might as well be factory bred.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Spanish "pigs" are well travelled animals, they are born in Spain, then if they want the "black pig" seal on the pork they have to graze on acorns for a certain amount of time, so they sometimes get driven to Portugal where they rent a farm for the grazing, then drive back to Spain to die and then sometimes back to Portugal in ham form or other dried meats, or in that case fly to the UK for the sausage factory, to then fly back to Spain. What's wrong with us? 

If it's not black pig, then they might as well be factory bred.

Lol. Nothing like keeping the carbon footprint low 😂

I fear this Spanish pork is wasted in a British sausage which is usually so well flavoured with herbs and/or spices, generally over seasoned and contains at least 5 (up to 20) per cent rusk that the acorn fed black pig would be ashamed to have died for it!

Thing is there’s no equivalent and the good ones taste gooood. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Not at all.....we researched well and visited many areas.

Our criteria was low house prices, rural environment, good biking roads, decent Net connecttion, and very few Brits. It ticked all the boxes.

And all these years later we don't regret it. The people here have been great to us.

It's just that some things are a bit odd at times. :classic_laugh:

You say that but Gwyneth Paltrows defence dug up some ancient footage proving otherwise 

Good Mythical Morning Attack GIF by Rhett and Link

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Was good to meet with @Six30 today for a cuppa and a chat.

Hopefully I'll be back down in the compost bin of England again soon and get another meet up arranged 

OIP.lV4jnOQeCDarzLbjgRc5AgHaHa?pid=ImgDe

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Still waiting for @Slowlycatchymonkey to turn up here to meet me!

Well Pete I have both good news and bad.

Bad news- Looks like I might have to be back in Blighty by next Wednesday because vehicle deliveries that were repeatedly delayed are being scheduled for then - won’t hold my breath, last time the transporter delivering them was actually cancelled on route!!

Good news while in the Brit supermarket I eyed the pies ready for a ‘Pete’s pies’ delivery and they have what you want (at a €1-3 markup per pie on where it should be) and so back to bad news.. doesn’t look like I’m going to be around to deliver the goods until I make it back here in May. 

Never mind, I hear pie is the perfect balm for chain link fencing inserted in the groin area 😂

warning pie pics incoming. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

And just incase you like any of these things. 

5C2B3330-CC6B-4C25-B0C8-C72570DDE2F5.thumb.jpeg.a437859fd397ea821185d4e6813cc42e.jpegB7A80B0B-599A-4E89-B229-CFFB360F01A9.thumb.jpeg.66ac47bc4ebec2d440a110d2aa72d11a.jpegF456DE31-576B-40EF-BA44-000777FB7C31.thumb.jpeg.a59d795a7596e8938f9ecd14ff6cb21d.jpeg8F028D2C-3454-4854-9D4E-2BF5D19F98D2.thumb.jpeg.742a5a4109f701223bcf93f99ab4d7db.jpeg5C2B3330-CC6B-4C25-B0C8-C72570DDE2F5.thumb.jpeg.a437859fd397ea821185d4e6813cc42e.jpeg

DF9EC7B6-E4EC-474F-BFEF-4B015176B1D3.jpeg

05BB8594-59BF-49A5-ABD6-5AEF64A1DB68.jpeg

So what am i missing here you can take and post 10 photo's of various pies but not one photo of your motorbike i'm beginning to believe you don't own a bike 🤔

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

So what am i missing here you can take and post 10 photo's of various pies but not one photo of your motorbike i'm beginning to believe you don't own a bike 🤔

Cnn Nod GIF

• Haha 2