Your Day Today!

XTreme

37 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Gone up haven't they?

Motorway stops have always been more expensive and so have burgerthing but yes they have gone up like everything else.

• Like 3

Busy day today, left home at 7am, got to site at 8am, did a bit of setting out and then left my bike inside the fencing the blokes had set up around themselves. It was across the road from our new office that has no parking, so handy if they kept an eye on it. Went into the office for an hour, swapped my bike trousers for jeans (I was melting from the setting out in full bike gear) and then came back out and jumped on to the train at Whitechapel station to go to a site meeting in Shoreditch.

As I got on the train I heard the station announcer say "Can Inspector Sands please contact the control room". Now that rang a bell, some sort of code. I googled it when I came back up to the surface at Shoreditch, it means a fire alarm has gone off but they don't want to evacuate the station.

Met 'Julian from Guildford' in Strype Street and talked about his S278 works, popped into the Petticoat Lane camping shop and bought some maps, then walked back to the station via Spitalfields Market and went back to Whitechapel Station on the train. No sign of a fire there luckily, came out to find the small fenced site with my bike inside has suffered a gas leak, caused by the blokes with their mini digger digging out a couple of gulley pots I asked them to renew.

I risked leaving my bike there again whilst they waited for the gas board (Cadence) to come out and repair the pipe and went back to the office where I knocked out some sign drawings, did some estimates and listened out for a gas explosion across the road.

I went back at 3pm, unlocked my bike and asked the gas men to let me out, their van was blocking me in. Left them slapping a big elastoplast onto the pipe and fought my way home through east London's expert drivers/wankers. Home by 4:30pm.

Picture of my bike now blocked in by pallets of kerbs and some of my artwork, Banksy, I shit him!

20230329_102126.jpg

• Like 7

Going for a walk (first one since this manky illness Pete sent).

Then Torrox to the Brit supermarket because I’m hankering after some real Brit shit. 

Back to Motril to pick up normal food supplies and a laminator that will hopefully have made it into an Amazon locker by then. 

Then I have a lovely recipe for Coquilles St Jacques au Provençal (scallops in a shallot, cream n white wine sauce) inspired by Hopkinsons ‘The Prawn Cocktail Years’ for a full blown retro dish. 

Might not go as far as piping mash potato round the edge of the shell but then again it just makes it a kind of mini fish pie then 😂 😋 

• Like 4

I am going up on Bodmin Moor this morning, getting stir crazy.   Did pretty much the same yesterday as I had to activate a card and went to the branch to do it just to get out of the house.  😐

• Like 4

I’m going to sort out the trailer electrics on the bike today and swap the old Screaming Eagle air filter with a nice new K&N one.

• Like 3

Speaking to a couple of Removal Companies in Madrid trying to get a price for their move in a months time.

They seem very efficient and well spoken up there compared to the monosyllabic, grunting buffoons where I live.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Speaking to a couple of Removal Companies in Madrid trying to get a price for their move in a months time.

They seem very efficient and well spoken up there compared to the monosyllabic, grunting buffoons where I live.

You picked such a great area of Spain to live.  Monosyllabic grunting buffoons, DMB's , shopping in Albollox, too hot to ride ................

What you say @Skippy  , @Slowlycatchymonkey  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

That’s no way to speak about your family.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You picked such a great area of Spain to live.  Monosyllabic grunting buffoons, DMB's , shopping in Albollox, too hot to ride ................

Fucking moaning Taff…….he’ll be complaining the goats ain’t as pretty as the sheep back home next.

• Haha 5

When we moved out to one of the villages a few years ago my Spanish improved no end and I also took proper Spanish lessons with someone locally. Not the usual ‘two beers please’ but in depth language structure and more tenses than you could shake a stick at………..and having lived back here in the Brit enclave for the last year I’ve had a relapse and can’t remember loads of it ……….…..…..

so today I rejoined the class (4 or us) and attempted their homework from last week. 😳😳😳

Wow, I’ve got some catching up to do! Next class is Tuesday at 1830 so wish me luck.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

There’s more than a touch of ‘threw a dart at a map’ about it isn’t there 😂

But then again it’s Madrid. In Madrid you have to go fast to stand a chance. That’s where my landlord lives, he said Madrid is hard work and reminds him of when he lived in London. 

Comparing it to where Pete lives is like comparing London to Guernsey 😁

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Skippy said:

When we moved out to one of the villages a few years ago my Spanish improved no end and I also took proper Spanish lessons with someone locally. Not the usual ‘two beers please’ but in depth language structure and more tenses than you could shake a stick at………..and having lived back here in the Brit enclave for the last year I’ve had a relapse and can’t remember loads of it ……….…..…..

so today I rejoined the class (4 or us) and attempted their homework from last week. 😳😳😳

Wow, I’ve got some catching up to do! Next class is Tuesday at 1830 so wish me luck.

Good on ya. 
I’m finding the language barrier a bit frustrating.
For example the guy three or four doors down saw us out putting on the new cables and came over for a chat. 

I would have liked to have a conversation but can’t. 
Just managed to communicate the bateria was flat and he kindly offered and extension lead. Nice guy, unusual for a Harley rider..

disappear GIF

Oh damn wait I have a Harl….

muppets most wanted animation GIF by Channel Frederator

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Fucking moaning Taff…….he’ll be complaining the goats ain’t as pretty as the sheep back home next.

Never mind gobbing off you Cockney Slag......have you found a way to get into that Sanitorium yet?

• Haha 4

The tiny Brit supermarket is dominated by pies and sausages plus a few variations of fish and chip shop style battered fish so I guess thats what Brits must miss the most.

They had three gluten free varieties so I bought all three for a compare and contrast and Mr Slowly some Marmalade which he’s happy about. 

AB411AA6-3796-4499-A511-C3FC1E0DB27F.thumb.jpeg.7af0a539042aac361dd3a320207545bf.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

The tiny Brit supermarket is dominated by pies and sausages plus a few variations of fish and chip shop style battered fish so I guess thats what Brits must miss the most.

They had three gluten free varieties so I bought all three for a compare and contrast and Mr Slowly some Marmalade which he’s happy about. 

AB411AA6-3796-4499-A511-C3FC1E0DB27F.thumb.jpeg.7af0a539042aac361dd3a320207545bf.jpeg

I’m not going to say it.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

There’s more than a touch of ‘threw a dart at a map’ about it isn’t there 😂

Not at all.....we researched well and visited many areas.

Our criteria was low house prices, rural environment, good biking roads, decent Net connecttion, and very few Brits. It ticked all the boxes.

And all these years later we don't regret it. The people here have been great to us.

It's just that some things are a bit odd at times. :classic_laugh:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So on your time away from England you shop at a brit shop, and end up buying british sausages made with spanish pork, in Spain?

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Pedro said:

So on your time away from England you shop at a brit shop, and end up buying british sausages made with spanish pork, in Spain?

Its not whats in them its the way their put together. I think slowly is going to find out if they were assembled in the UK or Spain :littleguy:

49 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Made me laugh too. 
But why not, there’s nothing inherently wrong with the basic ingredient Spanish pork is there?! 😉

I suspect it’s a butcher or pig farmer who landed up in Spain and decided he could take no more Spanish sausage. 

Happy Bake Off GIF by The Great British Bake Off

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Good on ya. 
I’m finding the language barrier a bit frustrating.
For example the guy three or four doors down saw us out putting on the new cables and came over for a chat. 

I would have liked to have a conversation but can’t. 
Just managed to communicate the bateria was flat and he kindly offered and extension lead. Nice guy, unusual for a Harley rider..

disappear GIF

Oh damn wait I have a Harl….

muppets most wanted animation GIF by Channel Frederator

if the lazy twats cant be arsed to learn to speak English thats their problem , just ignore em.

• Haha 4