Your Day Today!

XTreme

12 minutes ago, Clive said:

Yep...had the kitchen and bathroom ceiling replastered last year, got mould back in there, we also have mould around every window in the place, and it has spread to the hallway too, we are fighting a loosing battle, they come and put some shit on the mould, but it only keeps it away for a month or so.

Normally those mould things last for a good few years!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Normally those mould things last for a good few years!

For the 1st 10 years that we lived here we had no mould anywhere in the bungalow ,then around 2 years ago it just exploded everywhere.

• Like 3

On 18/02/2024 at 15:58, XTreme said:

Unlike you sad bastards I was out.......despite there being snow on the peaks!

183a-min.jpg.fa45bda1da79b3c55f86e7ce482d6d5f.jpg

183b-min.jpg.185c2671e00d80da75571d885b5f89a0.jpg

183c-min.jpg.fe1ecf9179c7a74a35ae3f4053f79daa.jpg

You lot need to get a grip!

I'll see your snow on the hills 100 miles away and raise you some dirt and water touching the tyres LOL
4.thumb.jpg.63e2a6537f2885d632d8305aa4fc48f6.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.9f4729ce407fa2bdf2583a8621b8b026.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'll see your snow on the hills 100 miles away and raise you some dirt and water touching the tyres LOL
4.thumb.jpg.63e2a6537f2885d632d8305aa4fc48f6.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.9f4729ce407fa2bdf2583a8621b8b026.jpg

Photoshop! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

Another day of work.....but not as manic now I've got the server migrations done.

And tomorrow it's back to Baza Hospital cos the wife is having tests done.

While I'm waiting I might look into the Hernia Dept and frighten the shit out of them that I'm coming back! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 7

22 hours ago, Clive said:

For the 1st 10 years that we lived here we had no mould anywhere in the bungalow ,then around 2 years ago it just exploded everywhere.

You got water getting in somewhere , no good just keep treating it with out finding the cause it will keep coming back 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Six30 said:

You got water getting in somewhere , no good just keep treating it with out finding the cause it will keep coming back 

That's too much like hard work for them to actually find out the root cause of the mould, I'd guess lack of air circulation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

It's airborne mould, they have done a examination of the roof, it is watertight, no sign of any water damage in the loft.

We have the windows open in the effected rooms as often as possible, but obviously it is limited by the weather. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, busabeast said:

That's too much like hard work for them to actually find out the root cause of the mould, I'd guess lack of air circulation 

We have a extraction fan in the kitchen and bathroom, they are linked to the lights, turn the lights on, fan fires up.

They have spent quite some time in the loft, found no evidence of leaks.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Saul said:

Just been out on a Hornet  bimble with my mate.   Nothing much to see apart from dirty Hornets.   

IMG_1699.thumb.jpeg.2d6dd3de86de98554b9036f85057b8e9.jpegIMG_1701.thumb.jpeg.2fd8542d7ad117dd79a74cfe59c9bc49.jpeg

It would be a nice day for a ride here, sunny, 11c and only a slight breeze blowing.

But the bloody papers keep saying that snow is returning in the coming week. 😡 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clive said:

We have a extraction fan in the kitchen and bathroom, they are linked to the lights, turn the lights on, fan fires up.

It sounds like it could be condensation, in which case it’s a matter of controlling the humidity within the property rather than looking for an external source of moisture. 

Using a paint with a mild fungicide in it might help control the mould (eg  Dulux Mouldshield) but it won’t stop the condensation, if that’s what it is. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Nute said:

It sounds like it could be condensation, in which case it’s a matter of controlling the humidity within the property rather than looking for an external source of moisture. 

Using a paint with a mild fungicide in it might help control the mould (eg  Dulux Mouldshield) but it won’t stop the condensation, if that’s what it is. 

The housing association guys have been here a couple of times and painted on some evil smelling stuff, it is applied in 2 coats,  the mould dissappears for around 2 months, then returns, as said, we have the windows open when the weather allows, to get some ventilation through the bungalow, one guy said leave the heating on 15c for 24/7, but that's unaffordable for us..

During the late spring, summer and early autumn the mould will be much less of a problem.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Clive said:

The housing association guys have been here a couple of times and painted on some evil smelling stuff, it is applied in 2 coats,  the mould dissappears for around 2 months, then returns, as said, we have the windows open when the weather allows, to get some ventilation through the bungalow, one guy said leave the heating on 15c for 24/7, but that's unaffordable for us..

During the late spring, summer and early autumn the mould will be much less of a problem.

You'll have to stop breathing, @Clive, to reduce the humidity! 😉😂😂

Seriously though, our house in the UK suffered a lot with mold. It was only about 30 years old when we moved in, and had cavity wall insulation and a lot of loft insulation and uPVC double glazing, but it didn't seem to do anything.  There was a built-in wardrobe in our bedroom and we had to stop putting clothes in it, because they all went mouldy! It's difficult to know what to do about it, mate!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clive said:

you need a DEHUMIDIFIER 👍

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tango said:

You'll have to stop breathing, @Clive, to reduce the humidity! 😉😂😂

Seriously though, our house in the UK suffered a lot with mold. It was only about 30 years old when we moved in, and had cavity wall insulation and a lot of loft insulation and uPVC double glazing, but it didn't seem to do anything.  There was a built-in wardrobe in our bedroom and we had to stop putting clothes in it, because they all went mouldy! It's difficult to know what to do about it, mate!

This bungalow too has loads of roof insulation, don't know about cavity wall insulation, windows are double glazed too.

I do not leave any clothing or bike gear laying about, those are stored in what used to be our airing cupboard,  pipes for the central heating pass through it, so it is dry and mould free in there, 

Think it will be a constant battle with the mould, something we will have to live with.

In other news......got the insurance renewal for the scoot......it has gone from (roughly) £65 to £100... 

Episode 4 Fainting GIF by One Chicago

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Clive said:

Bad plumbing some where ?

• Like 1

Just now, Six30 said:

Bad plumbing some where ?

The guy who came seemed thorough enough, but what do I know, I ain't a builder/plumber.

He is returning in a month to treat the mould areas again.

• Like 2

You need another dehumidifier, Clive, working full time after a few days you'll get a nice dry house. It'll smell different once you start to get the moisture out of the walls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You need another dehumidifier, Clive, working full time after a few days you'll get a nice dry house. It'll smell different once you start to get the moisture out of the walls.

Trouble with a dehumidifier is they are expensive to run may as well put the heating on and be warm for a similar cost. Unfortunately Clive i think your problem is lack of heat. I'm lucky enough to be able to keep my place above 18c all the time except for the bedrooms as i like it cold in there and the bedrooms are the only place now we get any mould usually around the windows but i wipe it off as soon as i see it forming.

• Like 2

On 19/02/2024 at 12:32, Clive said:

About the time you started vaping?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckster said:

About the time you started vaping?

I was vaping before the mould started, but yes i agree it may be a contributing factor, but our neighbours vape and they do not have the mould problem. 🤔 

Maybe we should kick it in the head.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

We have the dehumidifier working in the living room, I also leave the kitchen and bathroom extractor fans running, they  (according to the guy that fitted them) don't use too much electricity,  as soon as we awake I open the bedroom windows too. 

It is just a pain in the arse to keep wiping down walls and window frames with bleach every few days......roll on summer when it's warm and we can have the patio doors wide open,  the mould will be very slow to bloom then.

• Like 1