Your Day Today!

XTreme

1 hour ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Trouble with a dehumidifier is they are expensive to run may as well put the heating on and be warm for a similar cost. Unfortunately Clive i think your problem is lack of heat. I'm lucky enough to be able to keep my place above 18c all the time except for the bedrooms as i like it cold in there and the bedrooms are the only place now we get any mould usually around the windows but i wipe it off as soon as i see it forming.

Yes I agree the lack of heating does not help one bit, we pay £150 every month, that is for gas and electricity,  our electric part of the bill is not too high, we only have the tv and 1 light on in the evening, just the usual appliances in the kitchen (washer and fridge) nothing that eats electricity. 

We manage 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at night with the heating on, any more than that and the bill skyrocket, in the evenings we just sit under a throw that goes over the settee, warm till you move. 😂 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

Did you show the mrs a picture of me @Clive.... this would explain why your place is so moist all the time ?

Moist 🤔 bet its full of dust and cobwebs nowdays. 😂 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Clive said:

I was vaping before the mould started, but yes i agree it may be a contributing factor, but our neighbours vape and they do not have the mould problem. 🤔 

Maybe we should kick it in the head.

Vape-Memes-Vaping-is-not-my-only-hobby..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Trouble with a dehumidifier is they are expensive to run

Sofia has two modern ones and there’s hardly any change in electrical consumption since they’ve been on, they did however eliminate all moisture.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Sofia has two modern ones and there’s hardly any change in electrical consumption since they’ve been on, they did however eliminate all moisture.

So Sofia doesn't get moisture now then! :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

We will think about purchasing another dehumidifier for next Autumn/winter, 2 may do a much better job. 👍 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clive said:

Yes I agree the lack of heating does not help one bit, we pay £150 every month, that is for gas and electricity,  our electric part of the bill is not too high, we only have the tv and 1 light on in the evening, just the usual appliances in the kitchen (washer and fridge) nothing that eats electricity. 

We manage 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at night with the heating on, any more than that and the bill skyrocket, in the evenings we just sit under a throw that goes over the settee, warm till you move. 😂 

One of the problems with putting the heating on for a few hours and switching it off is you create moisture that then condenses on the cold walls, it needs to be on long enough to dry everything out which could take days, that's why they recommend keeping the temperature above 16c at all times to prevent this. I keep my room stat at 18c when i'm out and its on about 22c when i'm home. I'm paying £120 a month gas same payment all year and they recon we are about £840 in credit. We have a gas oven (that don't get used very often LOL) and gas central heating and our house is like a cave no cavity so no wall insulation only loft insulation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Just remember Sofia doesn't live in the swamp us brits do, we've probably had more rain in the last 3 months than you've had in the past 20 years LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

Just remember Sofia doesn't live in the swamp us brits do, we've probably had more rain in the last 3 months than you've had in the past 20 years LOL

She lives 50 meters high next to the atlantic in a flat with shit portuguese 80s isolation and windows, and minimum sun exposure. It's a very humid house and was starting to get black mould all over. 4 days of dehumidifiers cleared the air and after a week the mould was gone. If you switch them off for 12 hours the humidity goes to a steady 92º in winter, and after a week the walls would be in the same state.

Granted it's more rain there but that just means you have to be intensive and constant in taking humidity off.

• Like 4

Signed up for a ride out with the TRF this Saturday on the dog so thought I'd stick a new front tyre tonight as i was like Bamby on ice last Sunday, it's got a Michelin tracker on there now so should help this weekend, then i remembered i have a winter rear wheel with knobblier rubber on so thought i'd stick that on and noticed the pads were low so swapped them, after fitting the winter wheel i remembered why i haven't used it for about a year, bloody wheel bearings gone, checked my stock and have some there so that's tomorrow nights job it's costing me a fortune and i haven't got to the start point yet, ride it better be fucking worth it :classic_laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Signed up for a ride out with the TRF this Saturday on the dog so thought I'd stick a new front tyre tonight as i was like Bamby on ice last Sunday, it's got a Michelin tracker on there now so should help this weekend, then i remembered i have a winter rear wheel with knobblier rubber on so thought i'd stick that on and noticed the pads were low so swapped them, after fitting the winter wheel i remembered why i haven't used it for about a year, bloody wheel bearings gone, checked my stock and have some there so that's tomorrow nights job it's costing me a fortune and i haven't got to the start point yet, ride it better be fucking worth it :classic_laugh:

Look at it another way, you haven't bought anything for it, just changed assembly status on stuff you already had in stock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I'm paying £120 a month gas same payment all year

Shit! With the cost of council tax and electric bills I don't know how people can afford to live in Britain now.

As a comparison, we pay about €60 a month for pellets 6 months of the year, €50 electric a month, €50 water for a quarter, and €170 a year council tax.

We certainly couldn't afford to live in Britain now......even if we wanted to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

Look at it another way, you haven't bought anything for it, just changed assembly status on stuff you already had in stock.

I have really because when i use my stock i replace it so i'm not looking for it when i need it. I'm at an expensive time of the year for vehicles, the MOT is up on the XR this weekend i have to MOT the car next month and the insurance also needs renewing on the bikes next month.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Shit! With the cost of council tax and electric bills I don't know how people can afford to live in Britain now.

As a comparison, we pay about €60 a month for pellets 6 months of the year, €50 electric a month, €50 water for a quarter, and €170 a year council tax.

Yes but if you were living here you would be earning more money, when you live in a third world country you get paid third world wages and You don't run your pellet burner 12 months of the year like i do with my gas boiler, i am surprised at your electric bill though with the amount of Tea you drink i thought it would be 10 times that boiling the kettle :classic_laugh:

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I just paid my water bill for this year,  £782 for the year.  Of that sum £438 is for sewerage which is a fucking joke considering how much they chuck in the rivers and sea 

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

when you live in a third world country

I dunno.......looking at photos and vids of the streets back there now the UK looks more like a Third World Country!

See clips from the streets in the 60's and 70's and compare to now.......it's a totally different place.

Make the same sort of comparison in Spain and you won't really see that much difference.  Obviously the demographics have changed, but nothing like on the scale that it has in Britain.

• Like 1

Before I start, I ain't moaning, no point really.

With the cost of gas, electricity, council tax and the other associated costs of living we cannot afford for our energy bills to rise any higher than what they are now, we are on the limit of what we we can afford to pay each month out of our monthly pension, having the heating on 24/7 is just not a option.

And also the rise of the car insurance, which has caused us problems, but even though we do not use the car very much it is necessary that we have it available to use, that is why the scoot is off the road at the moment,  and I will have to undoubtedly SORN it when the insurance is due next month.

We live, we eat, and pay our bills, but there  nothing left over in the kitty to pay higher energy bills.

• Sad 4

9 hours ago, Clive said:

Before I start, I ain't moaning, no point really.

With the cost of gas, electricity, council tax and the other associated costs of living we cannot afford for our energy bills to rise any higher than what they are now, we are on the limit of what we we can afford to pay each month out of our monthly pension, having the heating on 24/7 is just not a option.

And also the rise of the car insurance, which has caused us problems, but even though we do not use the car very much it is necessary that we have it available to use, that is why the scoot is off the road at the moment,  and I will have to undoubtedly SORN it when the insurance is due next month.

We live, we eat, and pay our bills, but there  nothing left over in the kitty to pay higher energy bills.

It's a shit situation @Clive  , I don't want to stray into politics but this government doesn't give a flying f*ck about the average man.  None of those c*nts are living on the breadline.

• Like 5