Your Day Today!

XTreme

Persuaded the Super Light to fire up and headed out for a bimble with a friend on an 888 SPO. Back to the '90s! Beautiful weather and between the ride and a conversation we had I decided the SL is NOT going to get sold next spring.  During this stop I got a text asking me to take some photos at a weddding that evening but before that my wife got us tickets to a show. So a busy day for me. 

IMG_8564.jpg.ed95dbae315f06b09c76bbab30e8310c.jpg

Ok, fine, this all happened yesterday but I'm slow to post and who really cares when anyway? 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Good to see you Scott.....still got the XT?

Sure do Pete... just gotta charge the battery & blow all the dust off it. It'll be great to  hear that beast fire up... & show the hillbillies that live below me, what a Real thump sounds like. Also finally got the cylinder head on the XR repaired with a brand new stage1 cam from Hot Cams as well as a fresh set of rings....just dealing with aches & pains from bike wrecks & MRSA currently....so getting the lead outta my backside takes a bit longer than the old days. Gonna end up giving the XT to my brother down in Waco TX.....& the XR is going to my youngest boy down in NM...tentatively, gonna make those deliveries next spring.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

All I have is full name, DOB, and Nat Insurance Number?

Is that enough to go on?

It’s done … don’t worry it was painless and quick , 

you owe me .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, XTreme said:

So many loose ends in my life Fred.......and time's running out to tie them all up.

If you’ve been looking for over a decade and turned up nothing then it’s probably time to face up to the idea that covertly isn’t working. 
Prepare a letter saying what you want to so it’s ready to send the second they’re located and go for it. Put your search out there on social media, contact everyone you know who has had contact with them and reach out to friends and family from the area. 

There’s no way they won’t have looked you up, even if it was a just a drunken google of where their dad is the curiosity will be there. 

The worse that can happen is your requests are denied so what have you got to lose? At least you can say you tried.

Carry on with the ineffective methods you’re currently using and like you say time will run out. 

Sometimes being bold is the only way to go. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

If you’ve been looking for over a decade and turned up nothing then it’s probably time to face up to the idea that covertly isn’t working. 
Prepare a letter saying what you want to so it’s ready to send the second they’re located and go for it. Put your search out there on social media, contact everyone you know who has had contact with them and reach out to friends and family from the area. 

There’s no way they won’t have looked you up, even if it was a just a drunken google of where their dad is the curiosity will be there. 

The worse that can happen is your requests are denied so what have you got to lose? At least you can say you tried.

Carry on with the ineffective methods you’re currently using and like you say time will run out. 

Who’s he looking for then

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

My eldest son 46.......and that trace might lead to the other two.

I did get a sort of lead about 15 years ago and got an address somewhere down your way.

@Buckster checked it out but no joy!

So you’re not kidding about not reading Pete’s posts? 😆

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

No friends or family......and no area!

See the problem?

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No friends or family......and no area!

See the problem?

I find it hard to believe if you posted on FB or the like you’re looking for your sons with as much info as you have (maybe even an old photo?) that not a single soul from your past with some knowledge wouldn’t get the message. 

But of course it’s your stuff to deal with however you like. Hope guilt or fear isn’t your master on this one. 

Good luck. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I find it hard to believe if you posted on FB or the like you’re looking for your sons with as much info as you have (maybe even an old photo?) that not a single soul from your past with some knowledge wouldn’t get the message. 

But of course it’s your stuff to deal with however you like. Hope guilt or fear isn’t your master on this one. 

Good luck. 

You've got to bear in mind that I split with my first wife over 40 years ago, and left Swansea over 30 years ago.

That's a long time and tbh I've searched for people I knew all those years ago and nothing. They may not even be alive now.

And out of those none of them really knew my ex-wife or kids. So there's nothing to go on.

9 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You've got to bear in mind that I split with my first wife over 40 years ago, and left Swansea over 30 years ago.

That's a long time and tbh I've searched for people I knew all those years ago and nothing. They may not even be alive now.

And out of those none of them really knew my ex-wife or kids. So there's nothing to go on.

It sounds like Caroline is right and you will have to fly above the radar to lure the enemy up to meet you

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, busabeast said:

What I want to know is when you do peg it what's happening with this place? 

It can't just disappear 

First of all, I recently had a medical and besides my Hernia I'm in pretty decent shape! So I'm not exactly a Dead Man Walking!

But you raise an interesting point, and it is something I've thought about!

The site, domain name, and software will be passed across to whoever happen to be Mods at that time!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, XTreme said:

First of all, I recently had a medical and besides my Hernia I'm in pretty decent shape! So I'm not exactly a Dead Man Walking!

But you raise an interesting point, and it is something I've thought about!

The site, domain name, and software will be passed across to whoever happen to be Mods at that time!

Oh fuck the place is doomed then

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, busabeast said:

Oh fuck the place is doomed then

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

They're not the enemy they're my kids!

Why do you want to find them … just to reunite now your in your golden years ?