Your Day Today!

XTreme

It’s just the EU being as difficult with the uk as they can…. There is rumblings of Spain wanting it back how it was , but it’s the eu they are dealing with 

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/11/10/spain-wants-to-scrap-90-day-rule-for-british-tourists-allowing-them-to-stay-indefinitely

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Six30 said:

It’s just the EU being as difficult with the uk as they can…. There is rumblings of Spain wanting it back how it was , but it’s the eu they are dealing with 

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022/11/10/spain-wants-to-scrap-90-day-rule-for-british-tourists-allowing-them-to-stay-indefinitely

What I've been hearing is that Spain (after initially seeming to enforce the 90 day rule) are now turning a blind eye to it.

A client of mine who's not a resident (despite living here longer than me) was told to leave 2 years ago. He's still here now and the authorities have never bothered him since.

My boy left Spain in 2016, got residency in Poland (technically invalidating his Spanish residency) then returned last year and Spain has no knowledge of him having left or re-entered as no passports were ever stamped.

Yes, in principle they could investigate and find him having gone through the airports when he did, but they can't disprove any assertion that he re-entered via car numerous times during that period.

And knowing the Spanish as I do, they're never going to make work for themselves to try and ascertain what actually happened during that period. 

45 minutes ago, XTreme said:

What I've been hearing is that Spain (after initially seeming to enforce the 90 day rule) are now turning a blind eye to it.

A client of mine who's not a resident (despite living here longer than me) was told to leave 2 years ago. He's still here now and the authorities have never bothered him since.

My boy left Spain in 2016, got residency in Poland (technically invalidating his Spanish residency) then returned last year and Spain has no knowledge of him having left or re-entered as no passports were ever stamped.

Yes, in principle they could investigate and find him having gone through the airports when he did, but they can't disprove any assertion that he re-entered via car numerous times during that period.

And knowing the Spanish as I do, they're never going to make work for themselves to try and ascertain what actually happened during that period. 

Careful, the FPM will report him.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Careful, the FPM will report him.

She's stuck here now cos the boys have got school places. 😂

And Jake's got a better bike than me now.

IMG-20230908-WA0000.jpg.4562dfcdd87e1433ce2c312dba23fa4a.jpg

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, XTreme said:

She's stuck here now cos the boys have got school places. 😂

And Jake's got a better bike than me now.

IMG-20230908-WA0000.jpg.4562dfcdd87e1433ce2c312dba23fa4a.jpg

Everyone has a better bike than you.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

That's exactly what i'm trying to say thank you @Slowlycatchymonkey 
Pete you followed your dreams and moved to Spain and i admire you for that but when you keep suggesting that we're living in a shit hole and your living the dream and slagging off the UK at every opportunity it just makes it looks like your trying to justify your decision to move there to me, but from where i'm sitting looking in i have it a damn sight better. Now Skippy on the other hand looks like he's living the Spanish dream and enjoying his retirement there.

…………..it’s a struggle some days but I keep persevering with the 🏍⛳🍷🍺💃😜😜😜😜😜😜😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, XTreme said:

All that's been achieved is the retirement dreams of many Brits to move to Spain, France, Italy etc have been taken away from them. The vetting threshold is far too high for ordinary people.

And it can also cause issues within  families.....look at Bob's situation for example. His missus and his boy could move to Italy if they wanted......but he's going nowhere. He's stuck where he is. Now they may well not ever want to move to Italy.....but that's not the point. He had those rights and now he doesn't. 

If something happened to me......what's going to happen to the wife? She's not just allowed to move to NL as she would have been able to do. If that day arises my boy will sort something out, but it's still going to be an involved process.

None of this affects the rich of course.....nothing ever does. Just working class folks like most of us here are.

Now that sounds like Bollox , if bob is married he could get residency , probably even if he is not married to her .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Clive said:

Got to break into my shed 😔....locked it up with keys inside.....only have a spare key for one of the padlocks.

old man GIF

Well that was easy, so easy that I don't know why I bother locking it. 🤔 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I thought I'd better put some petrol in the bike cos the last time was in July!

cb173s-min.jpg.4943976f91434a3c5231eadb4a35e403.jpg

Same here, put £10 of E5 in yesterday and the gauge hardly moved. 😂 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Clive said:

Same here, put £10 of E5 in yesterday and the gauge hardly moved. 😂 

I put a tenner in and it went from half to full.

But I've noticed it drops to half a lot quicker than it does to go from half to one bar left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

I put a tenner in and it went from half to full.

But I've noticed it drops to half a lot quicker than it does to go from half to one bar left.

But my gauge lies through its teeth anyway. 

From full to half full, slow........half full to empty.....very fast

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Got to keep momentum going.......and they bite every time!

kramer GIF

Trying to make us bite … yeh right ,

you’re just a typical Welsh bloke … Snapped in half you would have the word Labour in red running through you like a sea side piece of rock .. you Nuckle  dragging Boomer 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, XTreme said:

All that's been achieved is the retirement dreams of many Brits to move to Spain, France, Italy etc have been taken away from them. The vetting threshold is far too high for ordinary people.

And it can also cause issues within  families.....look at Bob's situation for example. His missus and his boy could move to Italy if they wanted......but he's going nowhere. He's stuck where he is. Now they may well not ever want to move to Italy.....but that's not the point. He had those rights and now he doesn't. 

If something happened to me......what's going to happen to the wife? She's not just allowed to move to NL as she would have been able to do. If that day arises my boy will sort something out, but it's still going to be an involved process.

None of this affects the rich of course.....nothing ever does. Just working class folks like most of us here are.

I thought you were a Spanish citizen with a Spanish passport now which surely means you move to any EU country you want.

Just now, Sir Fallsalot said:

I thought you were a Spanish citizen with a Spanish passport now which surely means you move to any EU country you want.

No.....I am a British citizen with a British passport, same as you. I have Permanent Resident status which means I can stay here indefinitely, that is not the same as citizenship.

Spain doesn't allow dual citizenship, so I would never give up my UK passport! Because legally I would not be Welsh anymore. I can never do that! Ever!

But who knows if Welsh Independence is in our future? That would be my ideal outcome!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No.....I am a British citizen with a British passport, same as you. I have Permanent Resident status which means I can stay here indefinitely, that is not the same as citizenship.

Spain doesn't allow dual citizenship, so I would never give up my UK passport! Because legally I would not be Welsh anymore. I can never do that! Ever!

But who knows if Welsh Independence is in our future? That would be my ideal outcome!

Now the land locked comments make sense i could have sworn i read you had changed your passport. i cant see there being any chance of Welsh Independence, the welsh government are fucking up wales more than any English one has LOL. If you have no intention of coming back why not just change it, seems like your holding yourself back a document doesn't make you welsh you were born here nobody can take that away from you.

• Like 3