Your Day Today!

XTreme

5 minutes ago, Tango said:

Do you see house prices dropping due to the mortgage rate rises and general cost of living increases there?

I've not noticed it yet in Bristol, if anything they seem to be going up

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Yes, the alternative for us is to extend out the back .  What's bugging us lately is that the new owners next door have decided to let their house out as an Air bnb, the clients have been ok so far but I can see it might be different in the summer as the twats have put a hot tub in out the back   :wank4az:

Address…. I’m booking that 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

We looked at down sizing a couple of years ago but the price of a bungalow was far more money than what we have now. So, Mandi decided we'd extend the front room which sounds totally daft but we can see a time when she's really going to struggle with stairs and mobility so we came then move her down there. 

That was my plan with building the bike garage attached tothe house if either of us get to bad to go upstairs it will make a tidy sized bedroom 

• Like 5

Today I have mostly been painting my eldest daughters bedroom.   I fucking hate painting, so in a grumpy stop at the moment.  They have all left me well alone.    🥴 

Going up my mates after dinner to measure a couple of things on his CB500F, with a view to farkling mine a little.      Then more painting 😭

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Saul said:

Today I have mostly been painting my eldest daughters bedroom.   I fucking hate painting, so in a grumpy stop at the moment.  They have all left me well alone.    🥴 

Going up my mates after dinner to measure a couple of things on his CB500F, with a view to farkling mine a little.      Then more painting 😭

I do not mind doing the emulsion painting, but gloss painting doors I hate. 😡 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Clive said:

I do not mind doing the emulsion painting, but gloss painting doors I hate. 😡 

Luckily for me all the woodwork in her room is varnished so will come up with some sugar soap.  I can deal with painting a empty room, I worked with a painter and decorator for a while years ago, that is fine but when you are moving furniture all the time and stuff it grips my shit.    Also my daughter told me the room was spotless and tidy ready for me, she did not tell me the truth.  She is away at college for a week so I just have to deal with it.  There will be moaning on her return. 😠 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saul said:

Luckily for me all the woodwork in her room is varnished so will come up with some sugar soap.  I can deal with painting a empty room, I worked with a painter and decorator for a while years ago, that is fine but when you are moving furniture all the time and stuff it grips my shit.    Also my daughter told me the room was spotless and tidy ready for me, she did not tell me the truth.  She is away at college for a week so I just have to deal with it.  There will be moaning on her return. 😠 

If I could I would remove the doors and spray paint them. 😂 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tango said:

Our friends that were over at the weekend have just sold their place and put an offer in on a place on the south coast. The owner of that house died a while back and left the house to a few charities and family members, so our friends offer has got to be accepted by a committee! Keith is pretty laid back about it, but his wife was getting all stressed out about it! 

Do you see house prices dropping due to the mortgage rate rises and general cost of living increases there?

Depending on which lender/source you listen to they are due to drop 5-10% by the end of the year!! 

But like @boboneleg says not in Brizzle. The demands high and they seem reasonably insulated. 

Even if they aren’t the prices are predicted to recover by 2024. 

The place I saw today were asking 320k for a one bed! They said it was two but it became clear they are describing the living room as a bedroom!

Heyho. 

Mr Slowly went into one estate agents in Clifton and tore them a new arsehole cos he’s rung them 5 times requesting a viewing and each time they say yeah yeah sure and don’t bother to get back to us!

A sure sign they’re not desperate for work and the Brizzle market is good. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Saul said:

Bijeezus, painting doors.

I hate it. Finished yacht varnishing 13 doors before Crimbo and it killed any care I have about keeping things looking respectable!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Clive said:

No sign of the "team" yet......would not be surprised if their names are Jesus & Manuel when they turn up, IF! they turn up today, or maybe it will be tomorrow.  😂 

At last!..the guy has turned up, not a Jesus or Manuel..........Steven...or is it Esteven😂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Mr Slowly went into one estate agents in Clifton and tore them a new arsehole

They had problems with the previous one?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Depending on which lender/source you listen to they are due to drop 5-10% by the end of the year!! 

But like @boboneleg says not in Brizzle. The demands high and they seem reasonably insulated. 

The place I saw today were asking 320k for a one bed! They said it was two but it became clear they are describing the living room as a bedroom!

Heyho. 

Mr Slowly went into one estate agents in Clifton and tore them a new arsehole cos he’s rung them 5 times requesting a viewing and each time they say yeah yeah sure and don’t bother to get back to us!

I have a niece who's renting in brizzle with her boyfriend.  They've got a 1 bedroom flat and they're paying crazy money for it!

One of the rules about advertising accommodation here is that for a room to be considered to be a bedroom it must 9m² minimum and also a minimum ceiling height, which I can't remember what it is, but it's what you'd consider a reasonable height. My house in the UK was classed as 4 bedroom, but the smallest "bedroom" was barely big enough for a standard single bed, with little room for anything else! We used it as a guitar and storage room!

Good luck with your search. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Tango said:

I have a niece who's renting in brizzle with her boyfriend.  They've got a 1 bedroom flat and they're paying crazy money for it!

One of the rules about advertising accommodation here is that for a room to be considered to be a bedroom it must 9m² minimum and also a minimum ceiling height, which I can't remember what it is, but it's what you'd consider a reasonable height. My house in the UK was classed as 4 bedroom, but the smallest "bedroom" was barely big enough for a standard single bed, with little room for anything else! We used it as a guitar and storage room!

Good luck with your search. 

It also has to have a window. They get pulled here for trying to call box rooms bedrooms only to find they do not have a window.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Heyho. 

Estate agents are like that all the time , don’t know how they do any business 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Estate agents are like that all the time , don’t know how they do any business 

Nearly as bad as used car salesmen.

• Haha 3

Jesus H Chroist that was cold, just got back from my mates house.   I popped up there a few hours ago in the sunshine, didn’t bother with my over trousers as I only was going for a chat 4 cups of tea later rode home as the sun is going down.    Can’t feel anything below the waist at the moment, the heated grips played a blinder though.  👍

• Like 4

Rode home from work (brrr). Filled up my fuel tank and then actually hosed my bike down when I got home. First time ever, Just to get all the white shit off the thing (salt city)!! I thought best to hose it in the afternoon as if I wait my new neighbour will be home from work and he is always standing at his open door or in his garage with the door open. He's a smoker and I think the real house owner has forbidden him to smoke indoors. He always seems to be there when ever I step out my front door, even late at night and I can't stand an audience all the time.

On the plus side his parking is excellent and I can get my bike in and out of the garage at any time without moving my car.

Next time I ride the bike (Friday) I am off to Norfolk for the weekend via B roads. Shame it's winter, won't be able to check out toe numbers on the locals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6