Your Day Today!

XTreme

Yer I saw that, attention seeking fruit loop stuff aside Madeleine even as a toddler has the same sharp little pixie chin and flattish brow area her mum has, that person has much heavier features. You can see why none of the slightly more news worthy outlets have bothered with the story. 

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Yer I saw that, attention seeking fruit loop stuff aside Madeleine even as a toddler has the same sharp little pixie chin and flattish brow area her mum has, that person has much heavier features. You can see why none of the slightly more news worthy outlets have bothered with the story. 

18 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Is this the more news worthy outlet? 😆

Joking aside a tik-tok trend finding Madeline donkeys later would be a right old turn up.
But there are lots of reasons people hide birth certificates from children, no-one wants children to find out their sisters actually their mum or their Dads not their Dad etc, it’s usually shame or embarrassment that makes it happen.
I’d be interested to see the iris colour match.

Feel sorry for her though whoever she turns out to be, obviously where she came from is consuming her.

1 hour ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Feel sorry for her though whoever she turns out to be, obviously where she came from is consuming her.

so often the case, my parents told me i was adopted from a very early age, I've just always known it and it's never bothered me, but I remember a couple of people at school who discovered  suddenly at the age of 16 they were adopted and it ate them up

• Like 2

Got back a little while ago from Friday's Drag Bingo, Saturday's pub beach party and today's Excel bike show. The highlight of the show for me was some bloke crashing whilst entering the indoor parking shed. He almost dropped his huge adventure bike on top of the bloke directing the bikes to their parking spots, but he leapt out of the way just in time to save himself.

I was a bit delicate when heading off to meet my mate on his new to him CCM this morning before heading to the show, but I livened up a little bit by mid day. Tomorrow I have to get up at the crack of dawn, ride to my contractor's yard to park my bike, then get the tube to our new town hall to be inducted. I hope they use lube and have warm hands.

• Haha 5

Paging all Francophile’s @Tango @MooN and any knowledgeable Euro travel trash.

Someone told me in France if you use a UK debit card at a prepay pump they take the full preauthorised amount (generally 100-130 euros) and refund it at a later date, sometimes much later (as much as 7-10 days later) but if you use a credit card the refund is instant. 

I looked this up and is appears to be true, is it?

If it is and I refuel 4 times over the course of the day using my bank card I could potentially have 400-520 euros taken from my card in one day and have to wait for its return? 

Could do with knowing cos if this is correct as I would defo need put that down as a warning for the others to pay at the kiosk etc.

6 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Someone told me in France if you use a UK debit card at a prepay pump they take the full preauthorised amount (generally 100-130 euros) and refund it at a later date, sometimes much later (as much as 7-10 days later) but if you use a credit card the refund is instant. 

If it is and I refuel 4 times over the course of the day using my bank card I could potentially have 400-520 euros taken from my card in one day and have to wait for its return? 

Could do with knowing cos if this is correct as I would defo need put that down as a warning for the others to pay at the kiosk etc.

I've heard about this too, although I've got a French bank account and debit card, so it's not happened to me.  The thing to note is that many filling stations are pay-at-pump only and don't have a kiosk to pay at. Supermarket ones seem to have some kind of machine where you can use cash, but it's not normally at the pump and I don't know how it works unfortunately.  

Definitely something to be aware of when filling up in France. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I think it is safe to say that the only person on this forum who has consistently ridden the same amount of miles on average over the winter as they do in summer is @Six30

standing ovation clap GIF

Thinking About It Oh No GIF

But I look mighty fine doing those miles 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Is this the more news worthy outlet? 😆

Joking aside a tik-tok trend finding Madeline donkeys later would be a right old turn up.
But there are lots of reasons people hide birth certificates from children, no-one wants children to find out their sisters actually their mum or their Dads not their Dad etc, it’s usually shame or embarrassment that makes it happen.
I’d be interested to see the iris colour match.

She dead , her parents chopped her up .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

I think it is safe to say that the only person on this forum who has consistently ridden the same amount of miles on average over the winter as they do in summer is @Six30

Absolutely correct!

ZERO miles Summer and Winter!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Use your credit card then…

Youtube Wow GIF by Rosanna Pansino

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tango said:

I've heard about this too, although I've got a French bank account and debit card, so it's not happened to me.  The thing to note is that many filling stations are pay-at-pump only and don't have a kiosk to pay at. Supermarket ones seem to have some kind of machine where you can use cash, but it's not normally at the pump and I don't know how it works unfortunately.  

Definitely something to be aware of when filling up in France. 

Balls. Theres no way a couple of them can afford that. If we’re riding everyday for over a week in France this could be potentially disastrous for breaking bank accounts.

The only way around it I can see is if people don’t have a credit card or can’t pay in cash then one person pays for approx 3 peeps fuel and they reimburse them with cash. That way at least the money out of the account will have actually been spent and the person paying (that’ll probably land on me) will get the cash for it. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I've lost count of the number of times I've filled up in France during the last 15 years using my debit card and that has never happened to me (I don't have a credit card).  I check my bank statement when I get back and you get a small surcharge on each purchase for converting sterling to euros but it's pennies .

Like @Tango says , you rarely find a garage where you actually pay someone, it's all done at the pump.  They only thing I will say is that for the past 10 years I have never filled up on the Autoroute so that may be different, I never use the Autoroute in France.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've lost count of the number of times I've filled up in France during the last 15 years using my debit card and that has never happened to me (I don't have a credit card).  I check my bank statement when I get back and you get a small surcharge on each purchase for converting sterling to euros but it's pennies .

Like @Tango says , you rarely find a garage where you actually pay someone, it's all done at the pump.  They only thing I will say is that for the past 10 years I have never filled up on the Autoroute so that may be different, I never use the Autoroute in France.

We will be using some motorway and from what I’ve read the ferry ports and autoroutes is where taking the full preauthorised amount happens. 

Good to hear you use a debit card and it’s not a problem. Thanks. 

• Like 4

Stripped the disc pads out of the scoot......put a bit of Copper Slip on the back plates..........when slowing down to a stop the noise it made had dogs covering their ears.....😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just now, XTreme said:

Got to take the wife to Baza one day this week so I'm going to call in Juan Cortes and order a top box and rack!

Will you fit it? .... the tool guy.?....or the bike shop. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1