Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

Today was departure day.  I now have two weeks of driving across Canada ahead of me.  Hoping the weather stays mellow.

It was a difficult day. As I had been living in the place where I sold my home last Spring it almost felt like I was preparing to leave all over again.  Saying good bye to some folks we met and their dog was also hard, too many good byes for me this year.

Tomorrow will be better, or perhaps just less emotional.  I think I am still nervous about the journey, that will also pass.  Positive thinking….. 😊

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Today was departure day.  I now have two weeks of driving across Canada ahead of me.  Hoping the weather stays mellow.

It was a difficult day. As I had been living in the place where I sold my home last Spring it almost felt like I was preparing to leave all over again.  Saying good bye to some folks we met and their dog was also hard, too many good byes for me this year.

Tomorrow will be better, or perhaps just less emotional.  I think I am still nervous about the journey, that will also pass.  Positive thinking….. 😊

Safe driving Michelle, hope you have a good journey 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

You're going to be driving on Xmas Day Michelle?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Safe Journey 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, XTreme said:

You're going to be driving on Xmas Day Michelle?

Yep, not sure exactly where I will be on the day but I will be driving. It is kind of fun travelling during the holidays.  I’ve never done it, so there’s that, but everything is a bit more sparkling this time of year, and I like sparkles.  🤩 I will also be in the snow, which is only proper during the holidays. ❄️😊

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Feeling better today. 😁 Started in the dark which was fun and now I wait for a ferry.  Should be the last ferry I “have” to take for awhile.  

It’s a beautiful and chilly morning. 🙂

5AF50123-658E-4103-A693-DEBE41D9651A.jpeg

That horizon looks abit stormy I hope you're not going that way 

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Feeling better today. 😁 Started in the dark which was fun and now I wait for a ferry.  Should be the last ferry I “have” to take for awhile.  

It’s a beautiful and chilly morning. 🙂

5AF50123-658E-4103-A693-DEBE41D9651A.jpeg

Looks great. Have a safe journey.  👍

• Thanks 1

Today we made it through the first of three mountain passes that we will travel over this trip. It was scary at first, but then I settled into the flow.

The vehicles did great but that highway driving in the winter is something special in terms of dirty….. Wow! 😆

IMG_3439.thumb.jpeg.54fca894821787815365b6e8b7873491.jpeg

IMG_3428.thumb.jpeg.04e986dd56426eab01539372b1f471c5.jpeg

IMG_3429.thumb.jpeg.50f3d6f3af8b25d9237c95004e82150c.jpeg

IMG_3432.thumb.jpeg.dc14753d6649743a8f776180782908f0.jpeg

IMG_3448.thumb.jpeg.cbf20827707dbbf49b198030b0bbdec1.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Take it steady  👍

Your 'RAM' is badged as a Citroen in UK 

th.jpeg.c66156b2a5dd8ee73a0309be7666bbc6.jpeg

Once again..we had one at our works.......boss said of it.. " if this van  was a horse you would take it somewhere and shoot it " 😂 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Once again..we had one at our works.......boss said of it.. " if this van  was a horse you would take it somewhere and shoot it " 😂 

I'm sure the 'RAM' is much better, it's American after all.  What you say @Tym  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We have a few from local contractor and food delivery that show up here... Engine comparment is a pain.... Other than brakes.. Wheel bearing and headlights... Pretty solid for what it is... And the odd ball joints.. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Today we made it through the first of three mountain passes that we will travel over this trip. It was scary at first, but then I settled into the flow.

The vehicles did great but that highway driving in the winter is something special in terms of dirty….. Wow! 😆

IMG_3439.thumb.jpeg.54fca894821787815365b6e8b7873491.jpeg

IMG_3428.thumb.jpeg.04e986dd56426eab01539372b1f471c5.jpeg

IMG_3429.thumb.jpeg.50f3d6f3af8b25d9237c95004e82150c.jpeg

IMG_3432.thumb.jpeg.dc14753d6649743a8f776180782908f0.jpeg

IMG_3448.thumb.jpeg.cbf20827707dbbf49b198030b0bbdec1.jpeg

How do you keep the windscreens clear we have been around or below freezing for the last couple of weeks and the washers have only defrosted a couple of times. This morning i had to pull off the motorway to clean the windscreen threw some water on and by the time i got to the wiper switch (about 3 seconds) it had frozen solid LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

How do you keep the windscreens clear we have been around or below freezing for the last couple of weeks and the washers have only defrosted a couple of times. This morning i had to pull off the motorway to clean the windscreen threw some water on and by the time i got to the wiper switch (about 3 seconds) it had frozen solid LOL

Vodka instead of water. It also works in the windscreen.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Seriously, though, there are some windscreen fluids that have a high percentage of antifreeze stuff, I bought some crossing a blizzard in Spain once and it was night and day compared to the normal stuff.

• Like 3