Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

At first I was apprehensive, then I was nervous, now I am starting to look forward to the adventure and the challenge.  🙂

I should have internet access for most of the way as I will be staying on the major highways.  I will be recording for future movies, but I hope to do daily shorts on my YouTube channel.  Those movies would be vertical, which I know is hard for some people to deal with......lol

Are you fitting the van with winter tires.... I might have miss it.. If you did mention  it previously 

3 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Are you fitting the van with winter tires.... I might have miss it.. If you did mention  it previously 

Yes, the stock tires are shit, so we are getting some new beauties put on before we leave.

I am also getting some new Nokian tires for the 4Runner.

Happy snowflakes all around! ❄️👍

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper said:

Yes, the stock tires are shit, so we are getting some new beauties put on before we leave.

I am also getting some new Nokian tires for the 4Runner.

Happy snowflakes all around! ❄️👍

The longest part of your journey and maybe the snowiess is gonna be getting through northern Ontario to reach Quebec.. Its a long stretch.. It is a humongous country that we have... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Marcel said:

The longest part of your journey and maybe the snowiess is gonna be getting through northern Ontario to reach Quebec.. Its a long stretch.. It is a humongous country that we have... 

It is a crazy big country when you get out into it.  I am also hoping the weather through the mountain passes in BC cooperates, not the longest part of the trip but definitely some of the most epic roads I will be on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

So do we get the agents pic of what you've bought unseen?

I'm shy about the simple nature of the home, but here is a pic of the land.

I love how it is surrounded by trees even beyond the property boarders. 🙂

647912715_nwm_full(1).jpg.c4d28bed1fa020cc54b79cdf47ba675a.jpg

....and here is the backyard view from the house.  Looking forward to getting some of my own pics of the place. 🙂

1524844573_nwm_full(24).jpg.c2ddc9e28a7e10a6373311839cf9aa9d.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

....and here is the backyard view from the house.  Looking forward to getting some of my own pics of the place. 🙂

Don't be... I didn't come from a rich family.. What we had wasn't big but it was ares.... 4 acre that's nice.. There's hundred of lacs in that area.. You'll be busy for a wyll... That's for sure... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

The winters are relatively mild there.. In most years...you'll get the odd snow storm but most melts away after a few days... 

That is what I have heard and one of the reasons we picked that location in general.  Very similar to the weather we have on the Sunshine Coast here in BC.

I think we are tucked in far enough, so hopefully the storms will leave our roof be. 🤞

season 4 house GIF

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

That is what I have heard and one of the reasons we picked that location in general.  Very similar to the weather we have on the Sunshine Coast here in BC.

I think we are tucked in far enough, so hopefully the storms will leave our roof be. 🤞

season 4 house GIF

Storm passing through... Batten down the hatch.. Haha. 

I've only been  far west has Calgary.. Have yet to see Bc.. But I've heard it rains a lot....is that true? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

You don't need to be shy, there's nothing at all wrong with simple. The more you have the more complicated things get, simple is good. 

I love how you have all that space around you, that's far more important to feeling good in a place. I also like that you're set back from the road a bit.

Looks great 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Storm passing through... Batten down the hatch.. Haha. 

I've only been  far west has Calgary.. Have yet to see Bc.. But I've heard it rains a lot....is that true? 

Yes, close to 25% of the world's temperate rainforest is in BC.  The southern half including the islands get the most of it.  Makes for a very beautiful and lush landscape. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XTreme said:

Michelle's birthday? Have a good day!

You gonna tell us the number? Whatever it is you're going to be young compared to us lot!

Thanks, Yep, it's the big 50 today. 

It sure has been quite the year.  I am happy to be where I am at 50 and look forward to the next chapter in life.

But to be honest I have shed more tears than normal.  It is my first birthday without my Mom.  She would always call and sing Happy Birthday to me and be all silly.  I feel like I have lost her all over again.

I don't want to be sad today, so I will try to get outside for a walk and maybe find some cake for a treat. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Thanks, Yep, it's the big 50 today. 

It sure has been quite the year.  I am happy to be where I am at 50 and look forward to the next chapter in life.

But to be honest I have shed more tears than normal.  It is my first birthday without my Mom.  She would always call and sing Happy Birthday to me and be all silly.  I feel like I have lost her all over again.

I don't want to be sad today, so I will try to get outside for a walk and maybe find some cake for a treat. 🙂

Yeh.....these sorts of occasions can bring a lot of sadness when you think back to the past Michelle!

But if it's any consolation you look great for 50!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, XTreme said:

Michelle's birthday? Have a good day!

You gonna tell us the number? Whatever it is you're going to be young compared to us lot!

A gentleman does not ask a lady her age oh what the fuck am i on about your from Swansea carry on 

Happy birthday @Grasshopper 

Happy Birthday GIF by Hello All

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2