Grasshopper's Rolling Path

Grasshopper

5 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

So have you been the tow truck yet i presume the van is 2WD

The van is front wheel drive, thank goodness.  She’s like a cat clawing her way through snow.  We are ready for a rescue if needed, but I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that. 🤞🤞

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Has you passed Ont yet? 

We got slowed down again by some snow but we are heading to Sudbury today.  Then one more day and we are in Quebec. 🙂. Excited as I have never been, but nervous about my French speaking.  I’ll just smile lots, seems to work…..😆 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

We got slowed down again by some snow but we are heading to Sudbury today.  Then one more day and we are in Quebec. 🙂. Excited as I have never been, but nervous about my French speaking.  I’ll just smile lots, seems to work…..😆 

I've found that apologising before you cock up speaking someone else's language works wonders, they've forgiven you before the assault on their eardrums even occurs 😆

Be aware of the awful point where you start to master the accent but still haven't got a clue. I have no idea what people are saying to me now cos they've sped up..mind you thats quite pleasant 😆

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I hope you make trough OK...quebekers are..let's just say I don't like them...their just so full of themselves...safe journey fellow maratimer..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/12/2022 at 16:54, Marcel said:

I hope you make trough OK...quebekers are..let's just say I don't like them...their just so full of themselves...safe journey fellow maratimer..

I did make it through and so glad to get out of Quebec, didn't like it very much at all.....

But on the other hand, I have only been in New Brunswick a few hours and I love it.  I have heard music a few times already, met some nice people, seen some lovely scenery, enjoyed the highways.....love it here! 🥰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

Where did you spend New Years Eve ?

In the middle of a Province that spoke a different language, Quebec.  It was different, I did ok with the language, but accidentally ordered too many apple pies....:rofl:  Not the worst thing that could have happen....

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I’ve a feeling that’s the last place @Grasshopper would want to spend New Years Eve or any other night 

0305839D-ACE2-416C-A70B-F45A956D4ED8.gif.788ea04b0501760a926f57cf13abb96c.gif

....well 🤔

....actually, I can think of a few worse places to be than a cottage with a fellow maritimer..... 😆  I know, I know, it's a hard thing to understand....

letterkenny GIF by CraveTV

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1