How many different makes of bike........

XTreme

@boboneleg still in the lead with 13!

What is interesting is that despite me having the most bikes by a fairly wide margin, a number of members have owned more different makes than I have.

I've owned 9 from 1971, but from 1972 onwards I've only owned 5 makes - the four Japs and BMW.

So it seems I'm less inclined to try other makes than most of you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XTreme said:

A mate of mine bought a house in Bulgaria on eBay (true story)  , he paid £15,000 for it and spent about another £5,000 doing it up.  He keeps a XR250 there for riding around , you can litterally ride where you like in Bulgaria.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

A mate of mine bought a house in Bulgaria on eBay (true story)  , he paid £15,000 for it and spent about another £5,000 doing it up.  He keeps a XR250 there for riding around , you can litterally ride where you like in Bulgaria.

There's a lot of cheap places over here, but the cost of doing them up is pretty steep. A lot of Brits look at them as investments, but often get their fingers burnt, as house prices don't rise the same as in the UK. 

Our place is 30 ish years old and when we bought it we got a summary of how much it cost new and how much it's changed hands for since then. We paid pretty much what it cost new 30 years ago!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Richzx6r said:

So far kawasaki, honda, yamaha and suzuki.

Think I too need to up my game 

You have age on your side, plenty of time to try others👍

But maybe your knackered knees will stop you, I can see you ending up on a scooter.

power chair GIF ,😂

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tango said:

There's a lot of cheap places over here, but the cost of doing them up is pretty steep. A lot of Brits look at them as investments, but often get their fingers burnt, as house prices don't rise the same as in the UK. 

Our place is 30 ish years old and when we bought it we got a summary of how much it cost new and how much it's changed hands for since then. We paid pretty much what it cost new 30 years ago!

Absolutely, where my mate lives in the Lot there are heaps of houses (doer-uppers) out in the sticks.  My mate is a builder but it's taken him over 10 years just to build up a rapport with the suppliers and if you aren't prepared to learn French you'll get shafted .

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Me and a friend bought it back in the 80's from some big bike auto jumble thing in Bristol as a long term fixer upper, i had the engine to rebuild and he had everything else but neither  of us had any cash to spend on it i'd moved in with my missus and we lost touch with each other and it was all forgotten about until my father said what you doing with that engine in the shed. When i went to get back in touch with my mate he didn't live at his old address anymore the bugger had sold up and moved to Bulgaria
It should have looked like this in the vid but all that's left is the engine. which now i think of it i haven't seen for over 30 years i'll have to see if the old man still has it kicking around up there

What a shame that you haven't got the whole bike, I'd love to try and restore one of those, love the 'sloper' engines 👍

• Like 3

What is interesting is that despite me having the most bikes by a fairly wide margin, a number of members have owned more different makes than I have.

I've owned 9 from 1971, but from 1972 onwards I've only owned 5 makes - the four Japs and BMW.

When you end up with a BMW, no need to go further.

Was in my dealership last weekend and was surprised when they said i have had 15 of them since 2004!  That's a sickness.  :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

STICK WITH WHAT YOU KNOW

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I've realised even through I've owned about 8 different makes of motorcycle I've only owned one of each except Honda which I've had 12 of

I've had 13 Hondas......mostly in the 70's and 80's though.

• Like 2