Iberian meet?

Pedro

51 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

It's very unlikely that I can do this in 2020 but next year I might be interested.

Unlikely to be in 2020 due to the virus restrictions and whatever gets decided with Brexit.

Everything's just up in the air!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Specs said:

Just let me know where and when, and I’ll make it happen. I’ll follow @Sir Fallsalot  

Well at least there's one real motorcyclist from Cardiff!

It goes without saying that I'm the one real motorcyclist from Swansea!

Think it's going to be down to you and me to represent our cities with distinction Alan! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well at least there's one real motorcyclist from Cardiff!

It goes without saying that I'm the one real motorcyclist from Swansea!

Think it's going to be down to you and me to represent our cities with distinction Alan! 

Don’t know about that distinction thing. Too many disgraceful episodes behind me.

I haven’t noticed too many hedges on your videos so I might be safe. 

8 minutes ago, Specs said:

Don’t know about that distinction thing. Too many disgraceful episodes behind me.

I haven’t noticed too many hedges on your videos so I might be safe. 

No hedges here Alan!

Dell's accident was nothing to do with the environment.......more to do with the shock of him seeing this in his rear view mirror!

rede.jpg.5ce56d6dcdadb5c4f0828ebff6ab0695.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, Catteeclan said:

I'll be watching for dates etc. Doubt I'll be able to go without Mandi.?

That's fine Dave.....it's not a men only thing.

Hopefully @Sofia will be able to make it!

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

No hedges here Alan!

Dell's accident was nothing to do with the environment.......more to do with the shock of him seeing this in his rear view mirror!

rede.jpg.5ce56d6dcdadb5c4f0828ebff6ab0695.jpg

No danger of being bitten at least.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Clive said:

Would like too.....but I fear the ancient (like me?) Yamaha would not be up for such a trip.

Had a trip to Almeria all sorted (years ago when I had the VFR) but my dad died...and so did the idea of the trip.☹️

A lot can change by next year Clive.......so I would keep it in mind!

8 hours ago, Clive said:

Certainly they can!.......but the Yamaha will be my ride for my retirement years.

You never know.......sometimes a bargain can drop in your lap @Clive

And after this lockdown there could well be some bargains coming up cos people need to get cash in!

7 minutes ago, Clive said:

My retirement funds have been carefully worked out.......there is ample to live on and run the car and the Yamaha.........but not enough to fund a newer bigger bike!

Iam happy with what I have, it serves me for the riding I do now...?

I couldn't live on a basic pension.....but I always planned to continue working anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2020 at 12:07, BusBoy said:

That settles it then. The Iberian contingent can come back for a visit to Wales. That should prove quite interesting. @Renegade can organise the party. Any decent hotels in Swansea? ?

Now that is the best ideia! I would go to Wales 1000x times faster then to Spain! Sorry Pete... You should have moved to Portugal! You evn had @Pedro here! Anyway, for Pedro and to meet you, I will happily cross to the dark side. For 48 hours. xx

• Haha 1

3400km round trip for me, the bike would do it. could I? dunno.  logistically, if I no longer have a job i'd have the time but not the resources, if I still have a job, possibly... it would depend on so many variables that simply can't be answered at the moment, but the idea is almost as attractive as you lot aren't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MooN said:

3400km round trip for me, the bike would do it. could I? dunno.  logistically, if I no longer have a job i'd have the time but not the resources, if I still have a job, possibly... it would depend on so many variables that simply can't be answered at the moment, but the idea is almost as attractive as you lot aren't.

Something to keep in mind Chris!

@Buckster is going to ride from Scotland! He could hook up with you in Auxerre!

However, it's unknown at this time whether he'll have a camera in his possession. :classic_laugh:

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Something to keep in mind Chris!

@Buckster is going to ride from Scotland! He could hook up with you in Auxerre!

However, it's unknown at this time whether he'll have a camera in his possession. :classic_laugh:

not convinced I like the phraseology of that, given what the murricains thnik "hooking up" involves ?  but I could be a waypoint on the way south for anyone foolish enough to want to ride down from the uk...

interesting project, see how it evolves

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, MooN said:

not convinced I like the phraseology of that, given what the murricains thnik "hooking up" involves ?  but I could be a waypoint on the way south for anyone foolish enough to want to ride down from the uk...

interesting project, see how it evolves

You're not going to hide like you did in 2005 when I went past? :classic_laugh:

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You're not going to hide like you did in 2005 when I went past? :classic_laugh:

I will if he's in a bloody transit van like you were..

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

They're a cracking car Bob.......that one went like hell.

I'm sure, I mean they're basically a VW nowadays but you know that for blokes of a certain age 'Skoda' is just a precuser to taking the piss :wank4az: