Who's working over Xmas?

XTreme

I suspect @Motobiker will be......and so will I!

Though Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon this weekend and next will be Emergency Support only........but even if I don't get a call I still have to monitor the servers and be available!

It's a man's life as a modern OAP! :classic_unsure:

I bet the rest of you are off till early January?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You off 2 weeks?

and 1 day, so far I've spent all day Saturday laying in my bed recovering from the works do, Sunday i couldn't be arsed to do anything, Monday i was out on the bike, today i couldn't be arsed to do anything again although i did get out to have the booster, tomorrow I've got to take the works van to be serviced i said i'd do this because i knew it would get me out of bed early plan is to shove the Beta in the back of it and ride the mountains home the rest of the week will remain to be seen if i can be arsed to do anything :classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Had to go get some christmas shit today.... for the past two weeks i've been working my through the supplies the mrs has been buying for christmas ...

i done 3 tins of peanuts, various chocolate items , jar of pickled onions and a bottle of Port..... i got found out yesterday, she wasn't amused to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

57 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Though Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon this weekend and next will be Emergency Support only........but even if I don't get a call I still have to monitor the servers and be available!

Just think if you carry on working 

image.png.657f0686a3142d5a7fd85f79cb71f52b.png

• Haha 9

Still working, but won't over christmas. Next week I plan to ride around a bit and maybe enjoy some blue skies, but I'll officially be working, which I kind of always am, officially... :classic_tongue:

• Like 4

I've worked over a few Christmases when younger and done a few volunteering stints on Christmas day. The one at the Salvation Army was marred for me somewhat when I turned up to help and was handed a mug of tea and a sandwich before realising they thought I was a homeless person. Should have kept quiet as I have never done so much washing up in my life, I wouldn't mind but they had an industrial dish washer at the poxy place.

• Haha 10

Normal Wednesday to Sunday this week and next.

Bah Humbug.

But, I do have a nice shiny Garmin Zumo XT arriving on Thursday and will have that wired into the bike when I book it in for its overdue recall work in January.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

it depends on the weather for me if we get a good spell i will be out there

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Motobiker said:

Normal Wednesday to Sunday this week and next.

Bah Humbug.

But, I do have a nice shiny Garmin Zumo XT arriving on Thursday and will have that wired into the bike when I book it in for its overdue recall work in January.

I had one of those wired to the Himalayan before we left for Spain. I havent got to grips with it and found myself using my phone.
I think its just the way it wants the destinations and routes entered that has left me cold.. I find myself using google maps because basically Im too lazy to learn the foibles of yet another bit of tech. But when I did bother in the bright sunshine of Spain it was really easy to see which a phone isnt and when I adjusted to the way it gives you directions (in a simpler less crowded format than google maps) it was good and clearly worth persevering with.

Might want to tap you up for a lesson later!

What recall work? You probably said but I don’t remember.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

Work? Fuck off. I’m drinking for a fortnight.

Have you voted yet Dave?

Six is desperate for someone to vote for him cos it appears he's failing miserably......as usual.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I had one of those wired to the Himalayan before we left for Spain. I havent got to grips with it and found myself using my phone.
I think its just the way it wants the destinations and routes entered that has left me cold.. I find myself using google maps because basically Im too lazy to learn the foibles of yet another bit of tech. But when I did bother in the bright sunshine of Spain it was really easy to see which a phone isnt and when I adjusted to the way it gives you directions (in a simpler less crowded format than google maps) it was good and clearly worth persevering with.

Might want to tap you up for a lesson later!

What recall work? You probably said but I don’t remember.

I already have a very old Garmin 660 from 2009, which itself was a Christmas gift. so getting used too the new one shouldn't be too problematic. plenty of time before we head south in June.

The recall is as follows.

1054760768_Screenshot2021-12-22at15_08_22.png.0505280088b27c82e63354e0dbbe0e28.png

Debris from the welds may block the fuel filter and so cause fuel starvation leading to sudden loss of power.  I've checked my tank myself and no debris is visible, but they insist on doing the work. tank emptied and flushed. new fuel filter and pump assembly fitted. This applies to the Adventure sport only. all bikes produced in 2018/19 and up to certain VIN in 2020. Its a rare problem. but has happened.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

I already have a very old Garmin 660 from 2009, which itself was a Christmas gift. so getting used too the new one shouldn't be too problematic. plenty of time before we head south in June.

The recall is as follows.

1054760768_Screenshot2021-12-22at15_08_22.png.0505280088b27c82e63354e0dbbe0e28.png

Debris from the welds may block the fuel filter and so cause fuel starvation leading to sudden loss of power.  I've checked my tank myself and no debris is visible, but they insist on doing the work. tank emptied and flushed. new fuel filter and pump assembly fitted. This applies to the Adventure sport only. all bikes produced in 2018/19 and up to certain VIN in 2020. Its a rare problem. but has happened.

My mate has had his done a few months ago they said his was ok. It had been all over the facebook group well over a year before the recall came from Honda

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

My mate has had his done a few months ago they said his was ok. It had been all over the facebook group well over a year before the recall came from Honda

No problem with my bike, but.. better safe than sorry and Im not going to turn down a new filter and pump. The issue was first seen in 2018 and it wasn't acted upon until after the 2020 1100's arrived on the scene. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Motobiker said:

No problem with my bike, but.. better safe than sorry and Im not going to turn down a new filter and pump. The issue was first seen in 2018 and it wasn't acted upon until after the 2020 1100's arrived on the scene. 

Yes and i think some of the 1100's were affected as well

• Like 2