Ugly Ducklings?

Tango

OK, another one to ponder and discuss.

Which bikes do you think are fugly (only their mother could love them ), but are actually pretty decent bikes (looks aside)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tango said:

OK, another one to ponder and discuss.

Which bikes do you think are fugly (only their mother could love them ), but are actually pretty decent bikes (looks aside)?

The Deauville springs to mind!

Hideous and heavy but they'll go forever!

• Like 2

One of mine was the Triumph Speed Four. A real frankenstein of a bike. Based on the TT600, but trying to be a smaller Speed Triple. It didn't have much going for it in the looks department,  but a 600cc 4-inline 100bhp engine in a 170kg bike, it went pretty good. Fully adjustable suspension and some pretty good brakes, so it handled and stopped well too. I had a lairy orange one for a while, hence my Tango forum name, and it was only the clip-on bars that I just couldn't live with and it had to be revved to get it really interesting. 

This was Mandy's one, which her daughter still has.

20131208_135814.thumb.jpg.c3e92723840cbd3732dd185b6d61fa44.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

For me its has to be this thing looks like something homer Simpson designed just missing the bubble dome not sure if its any good as a bike though but damn its ugly (my apologies to anyone that owns one)
image.png.fd0bcbdb280b82a8574ccdfaf774cc78.png

We've got a low mileage black one for sale if you fancy it Fred :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

This ....................  fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Svartpilen.jpg.73ee2112793fc5265e4649c6937522ab.jpg

That looks like shit but I bet it's a blast to thak around.

spelling police please

• Haha 4

I am sure they're great for what they are made for, but I can't bring myself to like the look of the MT Yamahas:

image.png.6af7b178916d11f112cdbfa72d6e5515.png

Or most of the modern Kawasakis, either sporty nakeds, sports bikes, or versys. I have no doubt they're great engines and capable bikes, and it might sound weird coming from a GS owner, but that front just look wrong to me:

image.png.8ef67acb1920a5c5af2ceb88f95b63b1.png

image.png.ce34fe35a2065a5e772d8ffab6f06422.png

• Like 2

ever seen one of these?

1391679359.jpg

It's a BFG.

a french make that didn't last long. Engine from a citroen visa, dashboard from a renault 5, shaft drive and ugly as Feck!  They were excellent at pulling sidecars allegedly...

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, MooN said:

ever seen one of these?

1391679359.jpg

It's a BFG.

a french make that didn't last long. Engine from a citroen visa, dashboard from a renault 5, shaft drive and ugly as Feck!  They were excellent at pulling sidecars allegedly...

😲   Look at the those skinny forks trying to hold up all that lot

56 minutes ago, MooN said:

ever seen one of these?

1391679359.jpg

It's a BFG.

That fairing takes the win for ugly bike!

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, skyrider said:

urals or the cossac 650 were good at sidecars

I saw one for sale recently.........but the price made my eyes water!

6 minutes ago, Tango said:

I saw one for sale recently.........but the price made my eyes water!

saw a cossac for sale in a bike shop in preston many years ago all blue with big cylinders stuck out horizontally just like a big bmw

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skyrider said:

saw a cossac for sale in a bike shop in preston many years ago all blue with big cylinders stuck out horizontally just like a big bmw

Yeah, they are a bit agricultural! 😂😂 I don't know if it's changed, but the sidecar was mounted on the righthand side of the bike?

3 minutes ago, Tango said:

Yeah, they are a bit agricultural! 😂😂 I don't know if it's changed, but the sidecar was mounted on the righthand side of the bike?

yep this one was too they must drive on the right in russia or wherever they are from 🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skyrider said:

yep this one was too they must drive on the right in russia or wherever they are from 🤔

Yes, I believe that they're from Russia or one of the old Eastern block countries and they do drive on the right. 👍

Just now, Tango said:

Yes, I believe that they're from Russia or one of the old Eastern block countries and they do drive on the right. 👍

one thing about them is they look built to last 

• Like 1