We Survived........

XTreme

I’ve no idea what all the previous forums were like that you all talk about. All I know is that this forum is like a breath of fresh air compared to most of the other over-sanitised forums.

I mean, where else can you refer to someone as a cnut and get a round of applause?

Keep up the good work Pete........................... ........... you cnut ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I’ve no idea what all the previous forums were like that you all talk about. All I know is that this forum is like a breath of fresh air compared to most of the other over-sanitised forums.

I mean, where else can you refer to someone as a cnut and get a round of applause?

Keep up the good work Pete........................... ........... you cnut ?

Why are you censoring yourself Ray?

Don't try to pretend you're posh......we all know you're a Cockney Slag! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Why are you censoring yourself Ray?

Don't try to pretend you're posh......we all know you're a Cockney Slag! :classic_laugh:

I’m dyslexic ?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You're not saying much @Sir Fallsalot........don't tell me you're too fucking lazy to post again?

I feel a bit offended you dint ask me what I think of the forum.... But I shall love it any way! 

Last time I was in a Forum was in 2007 at the triumphrat thingy. There was a lot of arguments. I also follow from a close distant PistonHeads, met a lot of people from that one. Was a very big and busy place, dont know if it still exists? 

This one feels cozy, reminds me very much of a lot of things I love about the UK, things I miss a lot, so thank you! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sofia said:

I feel a bit offended you dint ask me what I think of the forum.... But I shall love it any way! 

You already told us earlier in the thread Sofia!

You said something along the lines of this forum is great......and that I remind you of Steve McQueen! Something like that anyway! :classic_unsure:

https://www.adventuremotorcycles.net/forum/topic/3518-we-survived/?do=findComment&comment=40176

• Haha 1

This forum is like a house where a dog has pissed and shit every where for months  and instead of cleaning properly perfume or air freshener has been sprayed every where to try and cover the stench .... you can smell the  perfume/freshener but its not enough and the piss and shit smell is slightly stronger ....... 

giphy (3).gif

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Last time I was in a Forum was in 2007 at the triumphrat thingy. There was a lot of arguments. I also follow from a close distant PistonHeads, met a lot of people from that one. Was a very big and busy place, dont know if it still exists? 

This one feels cozy, reminds me very much of a lot of things I love about the UK, things I miss a lot, so thank you! 

I’m told the triumph forum is a bitchfest, a friend left there the other day, it was constantly negative. Pistonheads is still very much alive and kicking ? 

I waded through 12 pages on there in august about garage flooring. Pistonheads has some useful info.

33 minutes ago, Six30 said:

This forum is like a house where a dog has pissed and shit every where for months  and instead of cleaning properly perfume or air freshener has been sprayed every where to try and cover the stench .... you can smell the  perfume/freshener but its not enough and the piss and shit smell is slightly stronger ....... 

giphy (3).gif

????  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I’m told the triumph forum is a bitchfest, a friend left there the other day, it was constantly negative. Pistonheads is still very much alive and kicking ? 

I waded through 12 pages on there in august about garage flooring. Pistonheads has some useful info.

Oh, nice to know! I followed it and met many people at the Nürburgring that were on there. Went to a few gatherings of that one and yes, there are many people on there with immense knowledge. But forums were full of egos and it was tiering...  

This one is cool, even when I dont understand it!!! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You already told us earlier in the thread Sofia!

You said something along the lines of this forum is great......and that I remind you of Steve McQueen! Something like that anyway! :classic_unsure:

https://www.adventuremotorcycles.net/forum/topic/3518-we-survived/?do=findComment&comment=40176

Click bait!!! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sofia said:

????  

He wants to say he likes it Sofia......but he can't because there'll be repercussions elsewhere if he does.

His activities here are being closely monitored by outsiders you see.

Nothing unusual about that......perfectly normal behaviour!

the shining Jack Nicolson GIF

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure congratulations is the best thing to say in regards to the first year of this forum being in existence ?

Perhaps more of a thanks to you @XTreme for making the effort and maintaining the place so well. :littleguy:

...you know I dig this place ?

Dig It Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The way I think about forums has always been this: I'm not the boss, all I did was upload a bunch of files and this thing came to life. Nobody asked me to.....I just did it. So how does that make me anybody's boss? I just see myself as the compere......the one who keeps the show moving!

I don't even show Admin in my profile because AFAIC I'm just a member here like the rest of you. Occasionally I will login to the Admin account and do something that needs to be done.....but that 's it. This mentality of forelock tugging and sycophancy to the Admin that you see in other places just doesn't sit well with me. In fact I'm very uncomfortable with it.

Also, what is different about this forum compared to previous ones and other forums out there is that we have no Mods! My reasoning was this: The nucleus of this place is comprised of members who've known each other for nearly 20 years. Why do they need to be policed? They know the score.....just behave as you would in real life. You don't need me to tell you what's acceptable or not.

And if things start to get a bit edgy here between members then just step in and help to deescalate the situation as you would do in real life.

So in effect.....you're all Mods!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, XTreme said:

@Buckster won it last year on the basis that he'd never been in a camera shop in his life.

I don't think he'll retain it this time round with the likes of you and @Swagman here!

I agree, I shouldn’t have won anyway given how much of an ambassador of goodwill I have proven myself to be. Bruce still looks like a peado though.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Specs said:

Probably out riding! ?

And then too lazy to do a Ride Report! And about time we seen one from you too Alan! And from @Renegade.

Let's be honest.......it must be the ultimate humiliation for you Cardiff types having to be carried by a Jack?

Christopher McDonald lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/04/2021 at 14:28, XTreme said:

And then too lazy to do a Ride Report! And about time we seen one from you too Alan! And from @Renegade.

Let's be honest.......it must be the ultimate humiliation for you Cardiff types having to be carried by a Jack?

I rode my bike today, I went to Monmouth via Chepstow and Tintern Abbey and then came home. There ya go a ride report from me. Nbc Yes GIF by The Voice

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I rode my bike today, I went to Monmouth via Chepstow and Tintern Abbey and then came home. There ya go a ride report from me. Nbc Yes GIF by The Voice

You know the drill Phil! Pics and/or Vid or it didn't happen!

And anyway, you know you don't have the confidence to go out riding these days cos I'm not there to babysit you any more!

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

• Haha 2

On 10/04/2021 at 14:28, XTreme said:

I might get out on Thursday. 

• Like 2