We Survived........

XTreme

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

Thanks Lionel!

Yeh.....pretty decent bunch on here when you get to know them.

One or two are a bit unusual admittedly......but we strive to be different. :classic_unsure:

right the world would be a poorer place if we were all the same ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

I sent Tiggie an invite to this forum, I can’t see anything wrong in that, but obviously they do, never mind they’ve lost my subs.

i love them boys on the other forum .. :wave: hello Stu .

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Well I suppose someone has to love them don’t they.?

21 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Did you get your dose of covid by sticking your tongue down bendies throat.??

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Swagman said:

Did you get your dose of covid by sticking your tongue down bendies throat.??

dont be bitter , im sure they still like you over there .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swagman said:

I sent Tiggie an invite to this forum, I can’t see anything wrong in that, but obviously they do, never mind they’ve lost my subs.

For those of you who don't know......Tiggie is a Moderator there! And Swagman PM'd him an invite! :classic_laugh:

The man doesn't know the meaning of the words covert or subtle!

Having said that, there's a lot of other words he doesn't know the meaning of either!

season 2 lol GIF

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Six30 said:

He's not monitoring this place at the moment.....but I'm sure he'll pick up your message later Six! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XTreme said:

For those of you who don't know......Tiggie is a Moderator there! And Swagman PM'd him an invite! :classic_laugh:

The man doesn't know the meaning of the words covert or subtle!

Having said that, there's a lot of other words he doesn't know the meaning of either!

season 2 lol GIF

Arsehole I know that one it’s tattooed on your forehead.?

Just now, Swagman said:

Arsehole I know that one it’s tattooed on your forehead.?

No tattoos on me! You don't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes! :classic_cool:

• Haha 2

Just now, XTreme said:

No tattoos on me! You don't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes! :classic_cool:

And you are certainly NOT a Mercedes by any stretch of the imagination.??

2 hours ago, MooN said:

I got in on the tail end of DSUK I think, pretty much as it merged/ morphed into maximum bikes which I sorely missed when it dissappeared into the morass of "fess de bouc" and promptly died a death.  I leapt at the chance when you got this going Pete....

I didn't think I'd ever do it again Chris......because we'd obviously be really up against it with Facebook.

But being locked in the house and having nothing to look at except FB was the push that I needed.

Like I said before, I was prepared to get wiped out again. When I ran the idea past @Tym initially, even he said it was going to be hard going......but if you don't try, you never know.

Next hurdle is getting past 2 years of course......but the first year is over, and that's always the most difficult period.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I felt exactly the same Chris, I refuse to do faceache so this place is ace as far as I'm concerned.

I knew you'd be in for sure Bob......but I wasn't sure of the other DSUK ones because they also do FB.

I had a vision of just me, you, and @Tym here! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Six30 said:

i love them boys on the other forum

Well at least you had the testicular fortitude to sign up using your normal username.

Unlike one of them who must have been worried about facing repercussions over there and used an alias!

Never posted again apart from in his intro thread!

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well at least you had the testicular fortitude to sign up using your normal username.

Unlike one of them who must have been worried about facing repercussions over there and used an alias!

Never posted again apart from in his intro thread!

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Brum Brum man?.

20 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Thats me and I'm the Kiss of Death on forums.

true dat. I carry the plague.:littleguy:

You're always the same Bruce!

Somebody signs up and then you go and give them a bike and cause them to flounce!

And that's not enough for them......they then do a Reggie Perrin as well!

leonardo dicaprio laughing GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

@XTreme, TOTY must be a tight run competition on here.... i've no fooking chance 

@Buckster won it last year on the basis that he'd never been in a camera shop in his life.

I don't think he'll retain it this time round with the likes of you and @Swagman here!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So what's your take on this place so far @Slowlycatchymonkey?

Hmm well here you go in list form

IT IS- Insulting in a humorous way, has a lot of ride reports from people who actually get off the sofa and go and do things (big plus from my point of view because I find a lot of people very, very boring), its friendly and welcoming so long as you get the type of humour, blunt and lacking in bullshit, even the jibberjabber is light and entertaining, theres more of a club feel to it a bit like when your in a team and even if your not fond of one of the members theres a “he’s a dickhead but he’s our dickhead” attitude which is nice and inclusive, the majority aren’t mouthbreathers so theres no need to painfully explain posts when someone gets the wrong end of the stick, the trolling is missing cos its not tolerated by the existing members, its comfortable, Ive only been here a month and it feels like a lot longer (in a good way) and unfortunately its a bit addictive so Ill have to have a tech break soon ?

IT ISN’T- Noisily judgmental, full of people getting annoyed or angry about bugger all, full of little cliques or grovellers, frequented by egomaniacs looking to make themselves feel good by putting someone else down, doesnt feel like I’m in the school playground having a bad break.

So its quite an unusual forum, this is not the normal cross section of knuckle draggers, Id go as far to say its special school for special kids, what sort of special Ill not be drawn into ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Hmm well here you go in list form

IT IS- Insulting in a humorous way, has a lot of ride reports from people who actually get off the sofa and go and do things (big plus from my point of view because I find a lot of people very, very boring), its friendly and welcoming so long as you get the type of humour, blunt and lacking in bullshit, even the jibberjabber is light and entertaining, theres more of a club feel to it a bit like when your in a team and even if your not fond of one of the members theres a “he’s a dickhead but he’s our dickhead” attitude which is nice and inclusive, the majority aren’t mouthbreathers so theres no need to painfully explain posts when someone gets the wrong end of the stick, the trolling is missing cos its not tolerated by the existing members, its comfortable, Ive only been here a month and it feels like a lot longer (in a good way) and unfortunately its a bit addictive so Ill have to have a tech break soon ?

IT ISN’T- Noisily judgmental, full of people getting annoyed or angry about bugger all, full of little cliques or grovellers, frequented by egomaniacs looking to make themselves feel good by putting someone else down, doesnt feel like I’m in the school playground having a bad break.

So its quite an unusual forum, this is not the normal cross section of knuckle draggers, Id go as far to say its special school for special kids, what sort of special Ill not be drawn into ?

Thanks Caroline......it's good to know how somebody who's only just joined sees it.

It isn't to everybody's taste obviously......it's a subjective thing. You either get it or you don't.......and you can't please everybody.

I think that going forward we need to just stick to what we do......and not try to be something we're not.

• Like 3