Show us your Bike!

Admin

13 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I think this is a much better colour than the yellow one

Craig has always had red Ducs and I have always had yellow Ducs - so yellow is always better. Although he did have one yeller one once....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Earache said:

Shoulda got the yellow one.

What, and then have to buy a new helmet too? Whataya think, I'm made of money?

(I honestly didn't realize it matched my helmet until after I got home)

IMG_5984.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

What, and then have to buy a new helmet too? Whataya think, I'm made of money?

(I honestly didn't realize it matched my helmet until after I got home)

IMG_5984.jpg

Damn - a perfect match!

1 hour ago, Earache said:

Craig has always had red Ducs and I have always had yellow Ducs - so yellow is always better. Although he did have one yeller one once....

In younger days... and I had to wait to get the 996 in yellow. They had red in stock but in this case Earache was right. (Don't tell him I said that). 

IMG_2261.JPG

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, XTreme said:

How many you still got @DesmoDog?

After about 25 years of owning only Ducatis, I am now down to ONE streetable Ducati (A 1991 851) and two single cylinder project bikes that have never run while I've owned them. Run, for cripe sakes one of them is being built out of left over parts from other projects so it's never even been a real bike before. 

I fully intend to replace the Aprilia (An RSV-R I bought to use as a track toy) with a Ducati at some point though. I'll never get back to having five of them ready to go (there's a 160 Monza Jr on the end of that line) but I do plan on having more than one. 

I'd love to have a V2 as a bookend to the 851 but that's a bit of stretch financially for a guy who wants to retire in July. 

Track851.JPG

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

that's a bit of stretch financially for a guy who wants to retire in July. 

I should have retired a year ago.......but I never will!

• Like 1

Well it was an adventure getting this beast back to Spain from the UK. Hemel Hempstead to Plymouth is well over 200 miles in biblical rain and there was so much water ingress that it limped the last 15 miles on one cylinder. Dried out on the 24 hours ferry crossing in some of the roughest sea conditions I’ve ever experienced but luckily I don’t get seasick.

Docked in Bilbao 3 hours late so had a 325klm ‘sprint’ to the overnight hotel in Soria followed by a 622klm ‘dash’ the next day to get home.

Just over 800 miles in all and man, that bike flies! Only took me 2 days to recover. ???

4A78C5D1-736E-42BF-9C1D-96EC2510D773.jpeg

AE711BB2-B2A3-4055-A528-8DF17080741F.jpeg

E9BDDCAC-120F-434E-8AA2-92F4350111B6.jpeg

42A4246E-87D2-4FFC-B611-FF5538D17E6E.jpeg

15341736-82E1-46C6-8266-CCEFC411C9C0.jpeg

F14C2DF5-3A0B-4BDA-97BF-2D940D4F0497.jpeg

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Brilliant @Skippy........are you getting it matriculated onto Spanish plates? Cos you might get a pull by the Guardia if you don't.

Yes mate, that’s the plan. I’ve got standard cans for it and it’s an ex-German bike so lights et cetera are fine. It runs really well.

Unfortunately, I need to do a thread repair on the sump drain hole has the sump plug won’t tighten enough to stop a small drip of oil and I don’t fancy that hitting the rear tyre with 125bhp going through it. ?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1