Show us your Bike!

Admin

My current Versys which is about 70 miles short of a 100,000 miles and not a chance to ride it at the moment unless they call me back from working at home.

Sept-16-Versys-going-camping.jpg

My non running 107,000 mile Africa Twin that I will be flogging off for spares when the world settles down. Had to pump the tyres up to get it outside to photograph. Been standing for about 9 years I reckon.

P1270585.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Pedro said:

I agree. I'll post a couple of ride reports. There are some most excellent roads here.

It was your Ride Reports on DSUK that were the catalyst that got us thinking about leaving Britain.

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It was your Ride Reports on DSUK that were the catalyst that got us thinking about leaving Britain.

That and the baying crowd with pitchforks threatening to burn you at the stake for being ginger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So Art's still digging dirt, Buck really has got a HD, unless it's someone else's, Rens got a triumph sandwiched between the normal ZRXs.
Yen, is that the same Versys you got all that time ago?
Pedro, that's a shit pot heavier than the trusty XR you had. What was in-between?

10 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

So Art's still digging dirt, Buck really has got a HD, unless it's someone else's, Rens got a triumph sandwiched between the normal ZRXs.
Yen, is that the same Versys you got all that time ago?
Pedro, that's a shit pot heavier than the trusty XR you had. What was in-between?

Yes, bought it new in Feb 2015 so it is 5 and a small bit years old. Waiting to sell a house still, the lock down hit me mid conveyancing, then I am getting a new bike.

4 hours ago, Catteeclan said:

I still have the XR400, it has been taken apart, painted and put back together. Runs great and has had the suspension adjusted slightly for less bouncy riding. I hardly ever ride it though, but since it costs me hardly anything, looks great now, and will probably be the last bike to roam the earth once the zombies take over, I'll keep it unless I have nowhere to put it. Looking great on a scorching hot summer ride:

IMG_2877.thumb.jpeg.0de4efb72d6161a5651b27fb0396f790.jpeg

I had an R1150GS for two years before I got the 1200, loved it's handling and looks, even the lazy torquey engine. It had been imported from Hong Kong, probably had a billion miles, and although looking great was very troublesome. Here I am, proudly posing next to it about to board a Ferry to Morocco, feeling like Indiana Jones:

IMG_0040.thumb.jpeg.b97891cb786d8161b1747949cdf32584.jpeg

And here it is, still looking great about half an hour before breaking down in the middle of Morocco:

IMG_0238.thumb.jpeg.47973f03692c2c4cef0aa338806175fc.jpeg

Broken down, waiting for a two truck for 6 hours, having a good time:

IMG_0296.thumb.jpeg.9b1b1c967e83f5672586cb9f2b7ae4bc.jpeg

And this is what a sunset looks like, in the Atlas, when you're stranded by the side of the road:

IMG_0290.thumb.jpeg.d24263f6956b641542802457edde0f1f.jpeg

• Like 3