Show us your Bike!

Admin

17 minutes ago, YamaHead said:

You know it..... that's my FrankenTruck....built it myself.:classic_tongue:

Dint i see that truck being chase on a episode of Cops? I swear they pitted that thing into a ditch, then had a cop dog eat the nads off the crack head driving! lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Clementinekev said:

This is my pride and joy. Ive had Clementine ( because she's orange) for 4 years, toured a lot in the UK but never been abroad. Something for the future 

Just click to choose file, wait for it to upload, then Submit Reply!

This is my Honda CRF250 Rally. I usually by secondhand but this was the first brand new bike I'd bought for 35 years. I've had it for 18 months now and I'm really pleased with it, it took a bit of getting used to as you have to wring it's neck to go anywhere fast and works in a completely different way to the DR350's I'd been riding for 15 years or so.

It's taken me to France twice already , done some of the TET and some other trail riding over there and down to my mates house near Brive-le-Gaillarde. I've modified it a bit to suit my trail riding, the main thing you need to do with these bikes is replace the rear shock as the Honda unit is awful. I put a YSS jobby on mine and it works great.

IMG_5014.thumb.jpeg.7ca129841697dfdb65ed9ddb4f9bc1cf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hard work doing any sort of distance though @boboneleg?

No problem at all Pete.  I hate motorways on a bike and the back roads and trails in France are a great way to cross the country if you're not in a hurry. It will sit at 65-70mph on dual-carrigeways with no fuss and all the while you're getting 80mpg ?

I would quite happily ride it down to the Pyrenees and probably will in the future.

• Like 1

I had a testride on the T7 a while back. Was a great bike but my right leg kept rubbing against the clutch cover and I found it quite irritating after just a two hour ride. The stealer said that I wasn't the first one to mention it. I was all set to buy one, but it put me off when I imagined being on it for days. Throttle was rather jerky at low revs making it a bit tedious in traffic. I could have lived with that though. A shame about that cover.

IMG_1192.thumb.jpg.b035d9cc30e81c0d50a279a29347eabc.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting Alan, a few owners have mentioned jerky fuelling and it was worrying me slightly before I collected mine. Fortnately mine is smoother than a smooth thing and so is my mates.  Judging by owners reactions on other sites I reckon you're pretty unlucky if you end up with one that has bad fuelling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

So @boboneleg, why the T7 then? Because that isn't really a motorway cruiser.

I had a KTM990 Dakar for a year as a stop gap as I was waiting for the KTM790R to come out and the dealer I got it from had agreed to take back the 990 in part exchange.  When the 790 was announced they called me up and asked me how much I was expecting to pay, they then told me the price (£11,995) and I told them where to go.

I loved the 990 but found it heavy at times and 37mpg was a bit fruity as well so I turned my attention to the T700.  All the reports from the magazines and web sites were raving about it but Yamaha were playing silly buggers in regards to how you bought one.

There were none in the dealers show rooms, you had to go online and order it, BUT it was on offer for the first batch at £8,399.  I took the plunge knowing damm well that I could easily sell it if it turned out that I didn't like it.  I waited 3 months for it to arrive , ran it in before the first service and now I can't bloody ride the it because of this bloody virus  ?

• Haha 2

Well, I for one will be waiting for a proper opinion once you're allowed to test it. 

Although I love my bike, it's a little on the heavy side for loose terrains ?

13 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Interesting Alan, a few owners have mentioned jerky fuelling and it was worrying me slightly before I collected mine. Fortnately mine is smoother than a smooth thing and so is my mates.  Judging by owners reactions on other sites I reckon you're pretty unlucky if you end up with one that has bad fuelling.

No problem with your leg rubbing? ?