Show us your Bike!

Admin

19 hours ago, BusBoy said:

Anyway, you need to share the full story about Flames. And whether she likes having her tummy tickled or dislikes the fat-bastid that straddles her because she spends more time on her back than her wheels as far as I can tell

100808447_10223648743664801_2137634162708840448_n.jpg

you mean why she is standing here with studded snow tires?

newflames.jpg

Sandra Bullock's boy-toy had a little tv show and this bike was built to ride the ice road in Canada, from Inuvik to Tuktoyatuk.   After doing that, (and raising hell on ADVRIDER) he sold tried selling the bike.  I eventually got it from the BMW dealer in St Louis, Missouri.  It had 2,400 miles on it then,  115,000 on it now.

It is now referred to as the Uber bike by all the friends who come west to ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BusBoy said:

So you're telling us you bought it for it's saddle value, mmm, many here probably wouldn't condemn you.

Rumors that i might have sniffed the pillion seat are false. totally, false.

probably

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, alfalfa said:

Rumors that i might have sniffed the pillion seat are false. totally, false.

You totally sniffed it, you sniffed my saddle in New Mexico you sick bastard.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Buckster said:

You totally sniffed it, you sniffed my saddle in New Mexico you sick bastard.

my, my, my.  kiss and tell, are we?

On 28/05/2020 at 16:53, MooN said:

ehem... I have 3 teenage daughters, looking for someone to persuade them...N0 1 has kinda lost interest and is off to uni this year, N0's 2a and 2b  being twins, haven't done so much pillion as N01 did cos once they were to big to fit in the panniers, they just fought about who's turn it was so I kinda gave up...

I am slowly weaning Madame back onto the passenger seat now that the girls are big enough to not kill each other if we leave them alone for an afternoon. 

I was impressed to see the number of girls riding the other day when we went out though, it looks like the next generation will have more female riders.

Sounds like the twins are ripe for persuasion, can there be any better sign than fighting over the next chance to go for a ride? Of course if you were here in Asia you'd just line up the whole family on your Honda Dream and off you'd go, probably with a couple of chickens to boot.  

I am always available to be a bad influence, however may be considered geographically undesirable at the present time

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Sounds like the twins are ripe for persuasion, can there be any better sign than fighting over the next chance to go for a ride? Of course if you were here in Asia you'd just line up the whole family on your Honda Dream and off you'd go, probably with a couple of chickens to boot.  

I am always available to be a bad influence, however may be considered geographically undesirable at the present time

Hi Grace......good to see you! Are you still in Thailand?

27 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Hi Grace......good to see you! Are you still in Thailand?

Yes, still waiting for borders to reopen. Managed to scrape some MT07 pegs around the northern twisties last week though, so not hating life too much ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

Yes, still waiting for borders to reopen. Managed to scrape some MT07 pegs around the northern twisties last week though, so not hating life too much ?

We're now into Phase 3 in our region of Spain so we've got mobility across all the provinces of Andalucia.

So we're getting there!

• Like 2

On 09/06/2020 at 10:44, Grace (BikeHedonia) said:

well i'vr got " the same so I could always send you one of them... ? 

• 3 weeks later...

I do like Multistradas, a friend of mine has one with a stopped odometer after going past 100.000km, he bought it with 70, had an issue with the electronic suspension sorted under warranty but been happy with it all. No oil leaks, no problems whatsoever. Doesn't look like new, though :classic_laugh:

• 3 months later...

Here's the first pic of the V85 after I rode it home from the dealer. The bike was then rolled into the garage, the bags removed, and they've been stuffed on a shelf ever since. 

Sorry about the crap photo. I'm no photographer and the bike hasn't been anywhere especially noteworthy yet. Next summer I tell ya, just wait and see!

IMG_5719 2.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DesmoDog said:

Here's the first pic of the V85 after I rode it home from the dealer. The bike was then rolled into the garage, the bags removed, and they've been stuffed on a shelf ever since. 

Sorry about the crap photo. I'm no photographer and the bike hasn't been anywhere especially noteworthy yet. Next summer I tell ya, just wait and see!

IMG_5719 2.JPG

Very impressive! What's the weight on that?

I've read 505lbs wet, but I've not put mine on a scale. When I'm moving it around in the garage it feels a lot heavier than my Monster 1200S was, but it's a lot taller too so  that has something to do with the feel I suppose. When riding it doesn't feel heavy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DesmoDog said:

IMG_5719 2.JPG

Shoulda got the yellow one.

1 hour ago, DesmoDog said:

..... Next summer I tell ya, just wait and see!

IMG_5719 2.JPG

We have all winter to plan a great ride for next summer. Where ya wanna go? NorCal maybe?

• Like 1