Insurance

Buckster

So I just got my insurance quote, bike has not been insured for the year because of the lockdowns, best is £91 fully comp which I am quite happy with from Carol Nash and is actually £2 less than my  yearly vehicle tax.

• Like 2

About €300 a year fully comp for me.....insurance is expensive here.

But having said that, everything is included......full European breakdown cover, legal expenses etc.

• Like 1

I am a bit sick feeling now.....WOW  ?

I need to move to a different country...  :littleguy:

I pay WAY TOO MUCH......

About $800 USD ($1100 CAD) a year, per bike.  ?

Good thing I have no kids, they would starve....lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

I am a bit sick feeling now.....WOW  ?

I need to move to a different country...  :littleguy:

I pay WAY TOO MUCH......

About $800 USD ($1100 CAD) a year, per bike.  ?

Good thing I have no kids, they would starve....lol

That’s all relative. What does your insurance cover?

9 minutes ago, Pedro said:

That’s all relative. What does your insurance cover?

True

We have 1 million 3rd party Liability

Comprehensive, so for damage repairs or vehicle replacement, with only $300 deductible

Under insured coverage, so if someone else wasn't insured and caused the accident

It also covers a few other small things

Then a small licence fee and plate charge

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

True

Comprehensive, so for damage repairs or vehicle replacement, with only $300 deductible

Under insured coverage, so if someone else wasn't insured and caused the accident

You couldn’t get that insurance on your bike here in Portugal unless to act as a financing warranty, regardless of price.

18 minutes ago, Grasshopper's Ride said:

True

My insurance has all that but £600 deductible.

Just now, Buckster said:

My insurance has all that but £600 deductible.

Wow, I also forgot, I do have a large "good driver" discount too, so it would be way more without that.... 

Life in Canada is very expensive.... ?

My best was £60/£80 a year for my Africa Twins, then the Varadero. That was for third party fire and theft, 20k miles a year, commuting, ride other bikes 3rd party only and business use (for my job, not delivering pizzas etc) But when I bought a new Versys it went back up to the £250 mark until I lowered the value by using it a lot when I got it back down to the £100 mark. Another new bike has put it back to that range again. I swap back and forth between fully comprehensive and TPFT depending which is cheaper. I believe I have 38 years no claims bonus at the moment, but no company has allowed more than 9 years and when I started riding the most you could have was 3 years with the companies I was insured with.

It's the road tax that hurts now, nearly a hundred quid a year for something that doesn't wear the road out or cause congestion!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

What is the age for classic insurance now? Mine is 18 yr old this year 

18 year old Kwak still running isn't a classic, it's a fucking miracle.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Richzx6r said:

Really? Gdgd my insurance is needed now as its just run out and I'm waiting to get paid from work but I will look in to classic for the ninja

I think its more like 20 years or over can depend on the insurance company as well 

• Like 1

I pay 330€ a year fully comp for the tiger including breakdown cover.  it was about 200 for the transalp. I have been quoted less by other companies but the garanties are lower an the service I have had from AXA has been second to none. 

I pay 120 or 130€ for third part insurance.

Would be paying around 900 to 1100€ for self party insurance if I could still get it, which I can´t. But I deem it not worth it.

My insurance record is not the best as of late, though. I've almost totaled my car two times over the last second and third year on february, both times my fault. Covid did that for me, prevented me from driving on 2021's February while sleep impaired.

Regardless of myself, motorcycle insurance in Portugal is a joke. You buy any bike and unless it's a new bike on finance you will not get a quote for fully comprehensive insurance.

• Like 1