Covid! What are you allowed to do?

XTreme

4 hours ago, XTreme said:

Who the fuck in their right mind would want to go into England anyway?

Half of your homeland, Just watch all the coaches coming over the bridge on New Years Eve..........

lindsey-stirling-lindsey.gif.35437f1bcac272cfc71d2b023c9ea5df.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Holiday yes.......any more than that no.

Just seen this......

1230597236_Screenshot2021-12-29222844-min.jpg.e1311c0378dd6f732e301ae45cdb1310.jpg

So if I wanted to travel through France to get back to Spain I'd be refused!

this is the french just being wankers

I've just downloaded an 'collect code' for my wife to get a Lateral Flow test kit while she's out today.  I don't expect they will have any though, this gubberment couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery 🙄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

I've just downloaded an 'collect code' for my wife to get a Lateral Flow test kit while she's out today.  I don't expect they will have any though, this gubberment couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery 🙄

I saw a headline yesterday.....Covid cases plateau in London.

Further down the page was.....no tests available in London.

You think there could be a correlation between the two?

Confused Bryan Cranston GIF

• Like 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just downloaded the wife's updated Vaccination Certificate and put it on her phone.......cos they're now asking to see them here!

Your papers please. 😃

• Like 1

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Just seen on Twitter.......footage of anti-vaxxers in Milton Keynes entering a test and trace centre and wrecking it.

Shitheads!

And they all got better Action Cams than me!

Yeh and who was there at the rally before instigating it , your hero’s brother that Twat Corbyn 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sofia said:

Ok, even not being eu, France can't just ban an entire national population. They never banned the marrocans when they had lots of cases. Ok, i don't expect greatness from the French, but I can't see it being allowed to ban the British ( or other non eu people) from driving when they can go on a bus,train or plain. It's very confusing 

Its to do with their proposed covid restrictions its not an outright long term ban. Eurotunnel are obviously trying to sway things back the other way before an official announcement.

13 hours ago, XTreme said:

We're 3rd country nationals now, not EU citizens. So they're within their rights to do that.

What do you mean “We’re” you eschewed all things British long ago, are you telling us you still consider yourself British? What a coup 😆 

54 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I saw a headline yesterday.....Covid cases plateau in London.

Further down the page was.....no tests available in London.

You think there could be a correlation between the two?

Confused Bryan Cranston GIF

More to do with England having 56 milllion populating a tiny area. It means without artificial controls it should disease wise spread throughout the population much faster and plateau quicker. The UK is one of only 4 countries that the World Health Organisation uses to indicate what may happen in other countries, albeit at a slower rate.

So if its true and not the results of a cautious population then its great news for everywhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, XTreme said:

Well that's what my passport says!

I am interested to know if you consider yourself at all British after 16 (I think you said 16 years) of leaving and never having liked the place or people. I wondered if its a weird hinterland or maybe you feel more Spanish now?

2 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I am interested to know if you consider yourself at all British after 16 (I think you said 16 years) of leaving and never having liked the place or people. I wondered if its a weird hinterland or maybe you feel more Spanish now?

I've always considered myself Welsh......and nothing else! And that'll never change.

I don't feel Spanish in any way........though I do have some things in common with them. Some things I don't. I also have things in common with Brits as well, and other things I don't.

I'm just me and I take people as I find them. Their nationality, colour, religion, or sexual orientation have never come into it. So I don't think Spanish are great and Brits are bad. There's good and bad elements in both.

My issue is that I'm wary of Brits here because I've seen first hand (both on a personal and business level) that they tend to bring their problems with them. Then create even more when they're actually here.

It just doesn't reflect well on those of us who have to live here permanently.....because after all, we're guests in somebody else's country.

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I've always considered myself Welsh......and nothing else! And that'll never change.

I don't feel Spanish in any way........though I do have some things in common with them. Some things I don't. I also have things in common with Brits as well, and other things I don't.

I'm just me and I take people as I find them. Their nationality, colour, religion, or sexual orientation have never come into it. So I don't think Spanish are great and Brits are bad. There's good and bad elements in both.

My issue is that I'm wary of Brits here because I've seen first hand (both on a personal and business level) that they tend to bring their problems with them. Then create even more when they're actually here.

It just doesn't reflect well on those of us who have to live here permanently.....because after all, we're guests in somebody else's country.

Gay 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

He's Spangelsh and proud of it. Having said that Walenish has a certain ring about it.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, XTreme said:

Holiday yes.......any more than that no.

Just seen this......

1230597236_Screenshot2021-12-29222844-min.jpg.e1311c0378dd6f732e301ae45cdb1310.jpg

So if I wanted to travel through France to get back to Spain I'd be refused!

You know, since Brexit France has given the impression over and over again that it is a spoiled child who didn't get its arse smacked enough when still young and impressionable. It has thrown itself on the floor of the supermarket and started screaming over a variety of subjects recently because it hasn't got its own way.

I can't help thinking the allies chucked the wrong nation out in 1944.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

They talk of 90% bed occupancy on the news - all our ENT beds are now full of C19 patients, all ENT appointments/surgery cancelled, 40% of ENT staff are now self certifying for 28days (well done Boris you fucking knob for that one 🙄)…and they are now grabbing beds from Cardiology. Fuck your luck if you have a heart attack sometime soon here and need ICU. 

Wife was called in for a 24hr shift on Boxing Day, had to cover another yesterday, and will be doing her scheduled one on NYE - all on top of her normal days. It’s a fucking meltdown, she’s a fucking mess. 

Read a very sad story about a teenager who had to have yearly scans for tumours. They cancelled and cancelled and its now an inoperable brain tumour.

Two fucking years theyve had. I know politics is off limits but having a laughing clown partying and stuffing his friends pockets with taxpayers money while people suffer…

I cant help but wonder if theyre aiming to use the pandemic to finish the NHS off, private enterprise and more public purse looting to follow. The guy theyve just appointed to oversee the NHS is an American who said the NHS has a lot to learn from the American system.

What? corruption you say, nonsense. 

Makes me wanna cry.

Sorry your wifes having a shit time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, yen_powell said:

You know, since Brexit France has given the impression over and over again that it is a spoiled child who didn't get its arse smacked enough when still young and impressionable. It has thrown itself on the floor of the supermarket and started screaming over a variety of subjects recently because it hasn't got its own way.

I can't help thinking the allies chucked the wrong nation out in 1944.

Eurotunnel got this wrong and misinterpreted what was said.

Basically the French ministry of the interior said that people with EU residency can transit into or through France, but anyone without EU residency is not allowed at the moment, due to Covid-19 measures. So, it's a bit of a non-story.

I certainly prefer the French to nazis!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mawsley said:

They talk of 90% bed occupancy on the news - all our ENT beds are now full of C19 patients, all ENT appointments/surgery cancelled, 40% of ENT staff are now self certifying for 28days (well done Boris you fucking knob for that one 🙄)…and they are now grabbing beds from Cardiology. Fuck your luck if you have a heart attack sometime soon here and need ICU. 

Wife was called in for a 24hr shift on Boxing Day, had to cover another yesterday, and will be doing her scheduled one on NYE - all on top of her normal days. It’s a fucking meltdown, she’s a fucking mess. 

and this exactly why peeps who say it's only a bad cold should just shut the fuck up, they have no idea of the knock-on effects of covid.  Your post explains exactly why this stuff is so bad.  I really hope you're wife gets some respite 😔

• Like 1