So what you doing for this New Year’s Eve

Sir Fallsalot

I normally stay home just watching tv and don’t see midnight because I’m asleep but this year I will be in Bristol in a place called the Griffin probably some dodgy place my wife sussed out lol currently waiting for my hunters chicken to arrive in a pub not far from my house and then we’ll be off

so what you doing 

• Like 5

I'm going down mum-in-laws for a feast, my wife is busy doing a leg of lamb right now.  We will have to celebrate the New Year twice as it happens an hour earlier in Italy and we will also have to watch Italian TV all night which is feckin awful :classic_laugh:

• Haha 8

It will be like any other night, will try and find a film we have not seen before to watch, and be in bed for 1am.

I have 4 cans of Skol lager to drink and welcome in the New Year...................... even I can't get pissed on that stuff.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

I normally stay home just watching tv and don’t see midnight because I’m asleep but this year I will be in Bristol in a place called the Griffin probably some dodgy place my wife sussed out lol currently waiting for my hunters chicken to arrive in a pub not far from my house and then we’ll be off

so what you doing 

Lol, I just googled that . 

A long time ago that pub was a club and we managed to get in there after being refused everywhere else.  The bogs were upstairs and when I went up with my mate he carried on up a further flight of stairs .  We found the store room up the top and proceeded to help ourselves to as many bottles of gin/vodka/brandy as we could stuff down our trousers.  We then made a sharp exit and walked down to the centre and sat on the benches where we had our own party  :dancebanana: :dancebanana:

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Somebody has to keep the idiots alive tonight Saul just hope I’m not one of them 😂 

I won't be encountering any drunks tonight, hopefully.  I have a UCC new qualified clinician, so it will be catheters, end of life type of stuff tonight.  Morphine and the good stuff will be issued I guess.  Old pissers and and old dyers.  Hoping not to have to chaperone or help with patients.   Much prefer hiding in the car doing the paperwork when to the gooey stuff is happening. 🥴

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going to my sisters , more drink ...had enough of it now to be honest  , we had family round Friday , just start to feel alright , then its back on it again, might have to ring my dealer for a livener.

• Haha 3

Will drive to my place this afternoon, will spend the night there with Sofia and the puppies. Dinner by ourselves, then a drink or two watching a movie and then walk outside to see some fireworks in the distance if there are fireworks in Lisbon. They’re far away enough that you can’t even hear them so the dogs should be fine with them, not so fine if my crazy neighbour decide to launch their own and bring out the shotguns.

Then spend tomorrow and maybe the day after there too.

• Like 7

Mandis not too clever again. She's had a row of coughs/colds and this ones left her very short of breath so we'll be sitting in watching the tele with a bottle or 2. Prob asleep before the big hour.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Mandis not too clever again. She's had a row of coughs/colds and this ones left her very short of breath so we'll be sitting in watching the tele with a bottle or 2. Prob asleep before the big hour.

Done a Covid test Dave?

23 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Will drive to my place this afternoon, will spend the night there with Sofia and the puppies. Dinner by ourselves, then a drink or two watching a movie and then walk outside to see some fireworks in the distance if there are fireworks in Lisbon. They’re far away enough that you can’t even hear them so the dogs should be fine with them, not so fine if my crazy neighbour decide to launch their own and bring out the shotguns.

Perhaps we could have a photo of Sophia’s puppies 😀

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

Everyone I know has some kind of cold going on, me and the wife still haven’t recovered fully from it. What you are doing tonight is what I would prefer to be doing 👍 but the wife booked the hotel in February and she said she doesn’t care if she’s on her deathbed she’s still sleeping there tonight lol

• Haha 7

27 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I was going to say puppies has a different meaning here and you should change it before @Six30 sees it but too late now 😂

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Six30 said:

might have to ring my dealer for a livener.

So we can add drug user to your list of "activities"?

That's how Mawsley ended up with a fucked head cos of shit like that.

• Haha 5