Heated gilet

Buckster

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Regularly you say.

nothing wrong with that, you have a drink or ten, it’s cold outside, sleeping in a tent…

I see your point but we always had separate tents.  As far as I know we didn't end up in each others .

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

As far as I know we didn't end up in each others .

If you get to the point after drinking that you don't know if you spent the night with another man, it's time to fucking quit the booze!

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, XTreme said:

If you get to the point after drinking that you don't know if you spent the night with another man, it's time to fucking quit the booze!

Or is it time to up consumption and lose your inhibitions, just saying, there's a lot of homo chat on here 😮

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I'm talking about Fred, not me  :classic_laugh:

26 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

Or is it time to up consumption and lose your inhibitions, just saying, there's a lot of homo chat on here 😮

There may be one or two here who are in the closet who would take that on board!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Clive said:

Scoot has heated grips, but I have never turned them on, maybe if I went further than 10 miles from home it would be a different case. 😂

I had heated grips intalled on my sm, useless they were, then I got handguards and have never turned the grips on since, I'm protected by the radiator shrouds and the small screen so I don't even get wet when its pissing down, well maybe the lower legs but that's not a problem.

• Like 1

Only my hands get wet, leg sheilds and big screen keep me out of the rain........and for some steange reason only my thumbs seem to suffer in cold weather. 😂 

34 minutes ago, zzzak said:

I had heated grips intalled on my sm, useless they were, then I got handguards and have never turned the grips on since

Did you stop riding after fitting the handguards? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

Did you stop riding after fitting the handguards? 

No I stopped riding after slipping a disc and being laid up for a long time however that will change and the sooner the better.

• Like 1

I have a Gerbing heater under jacket thing which actually works pretty well. Keeps body and arms nice and warm although as with any heated kit plugging it in and remembering it’s connected when you get off is a pain in the arse. The only drawback is the size/ volume of the controller and all the cabling and crap that goes with it and having to try to cram it all in a pocket. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, zzzak said:

No I stopped riding after slipping a disc and being laid up for a long time however that will change and the sooner the better.

Did you slip a disc fitting the handguards, thus stopping your riding?

• Haha 4

On 18/10/2023 at 21:50, boboneleg said:

I see your point but we always had separate tents.  As far as I know we didn't end up in each others .

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

• Haha 3

On 19/10/2023 at 09:16, Nute said:

I have a Gerbing heater under jacket thing which actually works pretty well. Keeps body and arms nice and warm although as with any heated kit plugging it in and remembering it’s connected when you get off is a pain in the arse. The only drawback is the size/ volume of the controller and all the cabling and crap that goes with it and having to try to cram it all in a pocket. 

Should have bought Warmnsafe kit, only one cable from the bike to the gear and a wireless controller the size of a matchbox on your dash

I have an ancient BMW waistcoat (is that a gilet?) that I bought years ago when working on a ship in refit up at Birkenhead and was riding home every weekend through the winter. It was brilliant and I might have to dig it out and start using it again. A good while ago as I’ve been retired ten years come April. Time flees. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Specs said:

I have an ancient BMW waistcoat (is that a gilet?) that I bought years ago when working on a ship in refit up at Birkenhead and was riding home every weekend through the winter. It was brilliant and I might have to dig it out and start using it again. A good while ago as I’ve been retired ten years come April. Time flees. 

It is a gilet. If it still fits, congrats!

• Like 1