Heated gilet

Buckster

Thinking of one for this winter, the ride on Sunday and Monday was just on the edge, if I had ridden for more than 4 hours I would have really felt the cold. Has anyone here tried heated gilets?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Buckster said:

Thinking of one for this winter, the ride on Sunday and Monday was just on the edge, if I had ridden for more than 4 hours I would have really felt the cold. Has anyone here tried heated gilets?

Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

3 hours ago, XTreme said:

Sounds like something that @Pedro would have on his plate!

I didn't want to say "vest" in case it was confused with the leather ones @Six30 wears when he goes to those speciality clubs.

• Haha 3

Got the Keiss heated body warmer and rarely use it now just cos the sub zero artic suit is so warm. But before I had that I used it a lot from end October right through to May. That and heated grips was the difference between staying out and enjoying the ride and going home. 

Mr Slowly also has the body warmer and uses his all the time. He likes that its relatively thin so doesn't take up much packing space and fits under normal bike gear (so long and its not tight fitting stuff), it does exactly what its say it does (rather that the usual over promising) and has the advantage that unlike bulky layers or suits like the one I use when you get warm enough you simply switch it off. 

The disadvantage I found was forgetting you're plugged in and walking into a petrol station to the sound of a twanging lead being ripped from it's socket, but even though I did that more times than I can count it still didn't break.

• Like 3

Scoot has heated grips, but I have never turned them on, maybe if I went further than 10 miles from home it would be a different case. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Get Warmnsafe from the USA, best kit available right now, any owner will tell you and many of them are ex Keis users

Keis was originally manufactured by a Taiwan guy running a business called Adventureheat, when I met him in Cologne it was vlear they weren't bikers, having a control on both left and right glove as well as visor wipes on both, Keis stuff was just rebranded, they've improved over the years but still not as good or reliable as Warmnsafe

Blowing my trumpet, nobody in the UK knows more about heated gear than me

First retailer of Gerbing gear in the UK, I've used and retailed Gerbing, Biketek, EXO2 and Warmnsafe (dont touch Motolegends with a bargepole), advised on production and pricing of EXO2 and Biketek.

20 plus years using, testing and retailing

• Like 5

Just now, Clive said:

Scoot has heated grips, but I have never turned them on, maybe if I went further than 10 miles from home it would be a different case. 😂

wheel it in the front room and turn them on ... save on them heating bills clive

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

wheel it in the front room and turn them on ... save on them heating bills clive

It will be residing in the spare room from the end of November till around March, cannot get it in the front room. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

Heating bills!!!......we hardly use the central heating, if possible.

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

Heating bills!!!......we hardly use the central heating, if possible.

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Hat and jumper time Clive.  Sad thing is my kids think I am joking 🤣

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Get Warmnsafe from the USA, best kit available right now, any owner will tell you and many of them are ex Keis users

Keis was originally manufactured by a Taiwan guy running a business called Adventureheat, when I met him in Cologne it was vlear they weren't bikers, having a control on both left and right glove as well as visor wipes on both, Keis stuff was just rebranded, they've improved over the years but still not as good or reliable as Warmnsafe

Blowing my trumpet, nobody in the UK knows more about heated gear than me

First retailer of Gerbing gear in the UK, I've used and retailed Gerbing, Biketek, EXO2 and Warmnsafe (dont touch Motolegends with a bargepole), advised on production and pricing of EXO2 and Biketek.

20 plus years using, testing and retailing

Yer I don't think Keiss is the best out there, it was just the cheapest well reviewed I knew about at the time. 

If I'd known how useful it was going to be I wouldn't have minded paying more. Having said that the Keiss stuff is still trucking along 6 years later. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Buckster said:

I have a heated jacket its quite thin so fits under my normal jacket although does make it a little tight. I find i don't have to turn it on half the time as it's warm enough, i normally switch it on when heading home in the evening when the temperature really drops making the ride home much more enjoyable, i put it on full until i smell bacon cooking and then leave it on simmer. I only wear a t shirt under my jacket all year around so i'd say it does a good job. Although my wife has discovered it now, last time we were out on a cold ride together she was complaining she was cold so like a fool i let her wear it and i froze my nuts off all the way home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Call yourselves bikers ? what a bunch of casuals.  Show 'em the photos of us going to the Dragon Fred ...............

Freezing GIF

Did you two share body heat to stay warm?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

We've regularly been pissed but as far as I know we haven't shared each other's warmth 

Regularly you say.

nothing wrong with that, you have a drink or ten, it’s cold outside, sleeping in a tent…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1