Fire at Luton Airport

Skippy

Did you will see the news about the big fire at Luton Airport? It happened the night I got there.

I got there at 8 pm, and the fire was reported at 9 pm. Just a coincidence. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Did you will see the news about the big fire at Luton Airport? It happened the night I got there.

I got there at 8 pm, and the fire was reported at 9 pm. Just a coincidence. 🤣🤣🤣

Looks a mess on the upper levels. 

Seen on the news that some flights went to Stansted,  but the airlines did not seem much help in getting passengers to Luton to hopefully collect their cars.

• Like 2

They have said it was a diesel car that caught light....now  is it just me ...why have they said it was a diesel car , and not just a car caught light, i will have money that it was an electric car that caught light and they are trying to cover it up

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Six30 said:

They have said it was a diesel car that caught light....now  is it just me ...why have they said it was a diesel car , and not just a car caught light, i will have money that it was an electric car that caught light and they are trying to cover it up

I ll give you my money to!! For sure electric 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Six30 said:

My thoughts exactly. Or once a fire started it all went tits up when it got to the electric crap.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Catteeclan said:

My thoughts exactly. Or once a fire started it all went tits up when it got to the electric crap.

and what are the electric car brigade doing at an airport catching planes.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:

we might be getting electric planes next 😩

• Like 1

It amazes me that in a car park crammed with metal boxes full of petrol and batteries that there was no fire suppression system, or maybe it just didn’t work…?

12 minutes ago, Nute said:

It amazes me that in a car park crammed with metal boxes full of petrol and batteries that there was no fire suppression system, or maybe it just didn’t work…?

It takes around 30,000 liters of water to put a battery fire out.

A FB friend is currently on holiday in Spain, and their car is on level 3 in that car park,  they have phoned Luton Airport, but cannot get any answers about what the situation will be when they return on Wednesday. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Clive said:

A FB friend is currently on holiday in Spain, and their car is on level 3 in that car park,  they have phoned Luton Airport, but cannot get any answers about what the situation will be when they return on Wednesday. 

They better book a train ticket home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clive said:

TOAST

• Haha 1