Spanish Dealers!

XTreme

Those fucking dickheads at Towca Honda rang me up today to tell me that now they don't have any CRF300L's available!

However......if I want, I can pay a deposit and go on a waiting list for the next batch that's expected in Jan or Feb 2024.

Fuck 'em......when I do change the CB it'll be for something that actually exists in the showroom, not for something that only exists in a parts bin in Thailand!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Those fucking dickheads at Towca Honda rang me up today to tell me that now they don't have any CRF300L's available!

However......if I want, I can pay a deposit and go on a waiting list for the next batch that's expected in Jan or Feb 2024.

Fuck 'em......when I do change the CB it'll be for something that actually exists in the showroom, not for something that only exists in a parts bin in Thailand!

They are taking the piss, why would anyone put down a deposit for something that may or may not arrive at some point in 2024, fuck that as you say buy what you can see in front of you at the dealers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, busabeast said:

They are taking the piss, why would anyone put down a deposit for something that may or may not arrive at some point in 2024, fuck that as you say buy what you can see in front of you at the dealers

It beats me why Yamaha and Suzuki haven't got a foothold in this sector?

Kawasaki do the KLX but for some reason they don't bring it into Spain.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

It's been going on for a couple of years now and has lead to the demise of proper old school dealers who won't play their corporate game .

Essentially, they want to get paid for bikes they haven't built yet!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Essentially, they want to get paid for bikes they haven't built yet!

They are just fucking with you because you are ginger.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

They are just fucking with you because you are ginger.

You might have a point, they sell sll the new arrivals to proper spaniards, and leave the “caballero” waiting for a whatsapp reply. That’s just wrong!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

You might have a point, they sell sll the new arrivals to proper spaniards, and leave the “caballero” waiting for a whatsapp reply. That’s just wrong!

There probably is an element of that involved because I don't really know them.

It wouldn't happen with Spaniards that I know personally like Rafa in Vespacito.

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

It wouldn't happen with Spaniards that I know personally like Rafa in Vespacito.

get one of your Spanish mates to order it for you then... 

21 minutes ago, XTreme said:

The reply you posted before is 100% a “don’t bother us” thing. So don’t bother them, get your bike somewhere else, put a couple of feelers so your guys call you if anything pops up, and keep an open mind for other options.

I don’t know why you would ever want options though, you’ve got the perfect motorcycle :classic_smile:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pedro said:

The reply you posted before is 100% a “don’t bother us” thing. So don’t bother them, get your bike somewhere else, put a couple of feelers so your guys call you if anything pops up, and keep an open mind for other options.

I don’t know why you would ever want options though, you’ve got the perfect motorcycle :classic_smile:

No warranty, it’s a ticking time bomb.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Buckster said:

No warranty, it’s a ticking time bomb.

The reality is that the chances of any major issue are miniscule.......but nothing beats the peace of mind of having a warranty in place.

On 30/08/2023 at 17:46, XTreme said:

remember the suzuki bandit was a parts bin bike 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XTreme said:

The reality is that the chances of any major issue are miniscule.......but nothing beats the peace of mind of having a warranty in place.

You want a nice Royal Enfield you do. You’ll get a warranty with it and what’s more, you’ll get to claim on it. You can’t say fairer than that can you, I mean think about all the insurance you pay out and how many times have you actually got anything for it? 🤣

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Skippy said:

I mean think about all the insurance you pay out and how many times have you actually got anything for it?

Well I get a Grua when I need one! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1