Grasshopper

41 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

Did you get his number so you can send him the bill for a new pair of nickers :classic_laugh:

Are you saying that @Grasshopper's Ride's knickers are dirty @Sir Fallsalot? You sick deviant!

If you've got a "thing" for dirty underwear then PM @yen_powell!

He's got container loads of his old pants......some with skidmarks going back to the 80's as I understand it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Colombia 2019.   When the borders open, you should go!  Friendly people, beautiful scenery, great paved and dirt roads and the mountains!!

IMG_1600.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, alfalfa said:

Colombia 2019.   When the borders open, you should go!  Friendly people, beautiful scenery, great paved and dirt roads and the mountains!!

IMG_1600.JPG

You got an XT660 with you Rick?

53 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

My kind of roads Pete, if you explore a bit there are quiet roads to be found.

I had a power ranger mate that ended up on one of those type of roads years ago on the way back from Llandovery and knowing its what i ride he said to me i don't know how you ride those roads Fred their busy as fuck and nowhere to pass. I asked what he was doing on there and he replied the main road was closed due to an accident. I replied Duh and walked away lol

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, XTreme said:

You got an XT660 with you Rick?

We took a guided tour from EpicoMoto (Ricardo and Alejandro are great peeps!) and his main stable includes several XT660s.  He has a BMW 800GS, and some others.  But, the trip we took was mostly off road so the Yammy's were perfect!   

For the ride pictured, our buddy Dennis was in Colombia on his GS, ridden down from California, for a group called Motorrad Angels.  Tom Palmer created the group and he decided to retire and ride around the world.  To make it even more worthwhile, he delivers water filters to villages, wherever they go.  All donations go straight to buying the filters, Tom finances everything else.  They've responded to the earthquake in Mexico City a couple of years ago, as well as on Puerto Rico, delivery water filters and solar lights after that hurricane wiped out electricity in most places.

He also helps groups set up their own local chapter of the Angels.   The last big effort they were involved in was aiding the Venezuelan refugees flooding into Colombia.  Ferrying doctors to the border, providing shelter, clean water, shoes and bus trips back to other shelters.  If you are of the donating types, your money goes a long way with that group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 02/08/2020 at 14:11, Grasshopper's Ride said:

Well hello there ? 

ESP-1293.jpg

damn!!! i hope the rider saw that truck coming well in advance!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfalfa said:

damn!!! i hope the rider saw that truck coming well in advance!!!

Considering the truck's speed we were all lucky to see him in time, even when we were watching for just such a thing.  Stop by the video thread to see the event unfold ?

16 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

This was my view this morning, I gave up and went home.  Obviously this wouldn't happen with Pete as he would disintegrate ?

DSC00005.thumb.jpg.fbfeb1642585c94616f78efc29a6fa77.jpg

We could really do with some of that now Bob!

So for me to wish for rain it gives you an idea of how tough it is here right now!

sweating james mcavoy GIF

• Haha 1

Looks nice Pete! Im working at supressing wind noise while taking vids from the cockpit, so far the first tests went well :littleguy:

• Like 2

Just now, XTreme said:

Noise suppression is great......the view of your ass not so much! :classic_laugh:

:classic_unsure:

Same stretch of road behind a nice windscreen...:wave:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I used to put a little bit of tape over the camera’s microphone hole, worked great for buffeting. 

I just disable sound on mine!

This go pro is weird @Pedro, its in a freaking waterproof case, how wind noise is even a problem in the first place is odd, anywho,

i had a great idea, seemed to work, only to find out:

Amazon already bootlegged my idea and sells it for pennies!

My R and D is already about $4, inventory costs are up to about $2 now...im out of business before i started.

:thud:

• Haha 1