Your Day Today!

XTreme

19 minutes ago, Saul said:

Had a similar thought yesterday.  🤣

Sun has just come out, so I may change my mind......get my ass out of this chair for a hour.

Sad I Miss You GIF by Disney

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just pulled the trigger on a new phone! (if you remember, I dropped my Samsung two weeks ago)

All I use a phone for is business communications, taking photos, and occasionally directions. I don't play games or stream movies etc. But I must have a large screen cos my eyesight is not as good as it was!

This thing is 5G capable, it's got 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, a 6.7" screen, and the camera is 100 MP! Reviews are all very positive so it's a no-brainer!

Now I know some dipshit is going to start about it being Chinese.......but they're basically all Chinese under the hood!

Honor is part of Huawei (and I used their phones for years) so I'm pretty confident it'll be a lot of phone for not a lot of money.

If Huawei hadn't got their collars felt for spying they'd probably have a huge chunk of the market now, cos their stuff outperforms Samsungs costing twice as much.

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Just pulled the trigger on a new phone! (if you remember, I dropped my Samsung two weeks ago)

All I use a phone for is business communications, taking photos, and occasionally directions. I don't play games or stream movies etc. But I must have a large screen cos my eyesight is not as good as it was!

This thing is 5G capable, it's got 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, a 6.7" screen, and the camera is 100 MP! Reviews are all very positive so it's a no-brainer!

Now I know some dipshit is going to start about it being Chinese.......but they're basically all Chinese under the hood!

Honor is part of Huawei (and I used their phones for years) so I'm pretty confident it'll be a lot of phone for not a lot of money.

If Huawei hadn't got their collars felt for spying they'd probably have a huge chunk of the market now, cos their stuff outperforms Samsungs costing twice as much.

I've got a Xiaomi something or other phone, which I've had for 3 years now. It still works OK ish, but there's one or two niggles starting to creep in, so I may have to look at replacing it in the not-too-distant future.  Mandy has an Honor phone that she's had for slightly longer, but it has developed an annoying fault with the touch screen, where the top right of the screen keeps on triggering, so apps shut when she's trying to use them, or some apps open on their own if they're in that region of the screen. Anyway, she's gone for a Galaxy A54.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tango said:

I've got a Xiaomi something or other phone, which I've had for 3 years now. It still works OK ish, but there's one or two niggles starting to creep in, so I may have to look at replacing it in the not-too-distant future.  Mandy has an Honor phone that she's had for slightly longer, but it has developed an annoying fault with the touch screen, where the top right of the screen keeps on triggering, so apps shut when she's trying to use them, or some apps open on their own if they're in that region of the screen. Anyway, she's gone for a Galaxy A54.

I think with these things that they're on borrowed time after a couple of years.....seems to be the battery that starts failing first.

My Samsung A71 is over 3 years old and it doesn't hold it's charge like it used to.......I read that the fast charging processes tend to diminish the battery sooner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

7o1xea.jpg.5b3984e16d2f3d34707e1be8d0853612.jpg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, XTreme said:

I think with these things that they're on borrowed time after a couple of years.....seems to be the battery that starts failing first.

My Samsung A71 is over 3 years old and it doesn't hold it's charge like it used to.......I read that the fast charging processes tend to diminish the battery sooner.

I've still got my Galaxy S8 that must be 6 or more years old now. I don't use it as much as I used to, but it still works OK. The battery life was never great, even when it was new, but it still seems to be doing ok. In fact I'm using it now, to stream Bob's Prog Rock radio to my sound system! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tango said:

I've still got my Galaxy S8 that must be 6 or more years old now. I don't use it as much as I used to, but it still works OK. The battery life was never great, even when it was new, but it still seems to be doing ok. In fact I'm using it now, to stream Bob's Prog Rock radio to my sound system! 🤣🤣🤣

I have a Galaxy A21s, no redeeming features, camera not much cop, forever saying memory is nearly full, fuck knows why as I only have 20 or so photos stored on it, and only 2 more apps installed than it came with, slow as fuck too, but I only use it to look on here, YouTube and WhatsApp messages.

It's OK for my needs.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Clive said:

I have a Galaxy A21s, no redeeming features, camera not much cop, forever saying memory is nearly full, fuck knows why as I only have 20 or so photos stored on it, and only 2 more apps installed than it came with, slow as fuck too, but I only use it to look on here, YouTube and WhatsApp messages.

It's OK for my needs.

I have a dead one on the shelf, as you say shit phones.  My daughter killed it by dropping it down the bog.  When work decided that they could no longer afford iphones for the drones (us) they issued us with A21's they were shit and lasted less than two years in service, now when have some equally crap new cheap Samsungs, I haven't even bothered to see what model they are.  I am no fan of Androids anyway but the cheaper end of the scale are dire.   

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Actually tomorrow it's me go Baza!

The wife wants to buy another shelving unit for her plants!

Fran Healy Reaction GIF by Travis

Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land have fun there.

• Haha 4

Back from Baza!

I went into Juan Cortes.......while the wife went into the supermarket.

20231013_111401-min.jpg.4c80b553e1f176fd9c92e0a8a2886f64.jpg

20231013_111747-min.jpg.a55ce9c4851f3dbfeef87fd8e2e2fc72.jpg

Incredibly I actually managed to get a can of WD40 chain cleaner in the hardware store!

Ask in a bike shop and they look at you daft!

Stephen Merchant Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Back from Baza!

I went into Juan Cortes.......while the wife went into the supermarket.

20231013_111401-min.jpg.4c80b553e1f176fd9c92e0a8a2886f64.jpg

20231013_111747-min.jpg.a55ce9c4851f3dbfeef87fd8e2e2fc72.jpg

Incredibly I actually managed to get a can of WD40 chain cleaner in the hardware store!

Ask in a bike shop and they look at you daft!

Stephen Merchant Reaction GIF

Weather looks nice , you could have been out on your bike ...................

innocent whistle GIF

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Weather looks nice , you could have been out on your bike ...................

innocent whistle GIF

Work! I was responding to mails all the time I was out!

• Like 2

Meanwhile in Spain the illegal Brits are still complaining about getting their marching orders!

At last we've finally discovered a Brexit benefit! But only for people like me!

Because Britain is having to take back all the freeloaders who've never been legal and have never paid a penny into the system here. Now they can freeload back there instead!

Thanks for that @Six30 you raging gammon!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Meanwhile in Spain the illegal Brits are still complaining about getting their marching orders!

Because Britain is having to take back all the freeloaders who've never been legal and have never paid a penny into the system here. Now they can freeload back there instead!

I was surprised to see that most of the people going into and out of the UK via ferry, or out and into Spain as well, didn't have their passport stamped. Can't see how you can enforce any limit in stay over an area if you don't register entries or exits of said places.

I felt cheated, not adding to my passport's stamps, not that a second set of stamps would have made it look very used though :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Just now, Clive said:

Sounds like a dangerous idea to me.

It is, it feels like a climate of modern nannyism is setting in, for example here we now have outdoor publicity stating that radars save lives. They should send radars to work in the hospitals that have no money to pay doctors, then, two problems solved.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, XTreme said:

“Many expats are having to return to the UK due to the 90-day rule. Brexit basically was a pack of lies,” Lucy added.

Oh Really !!   So people are just waking up to that are they .  Where's the 350 million extra a week gone that was supposed to help the NHS ?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, XTreme said:

So all the Germans French etc who still have freedom of movement  who can come and go as they please are all illegals then ..... nothing about illegals in you link, drama queen... just the 90 day rule now, 

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I was surprised to see that most of the people going into and out of the UK via ferry, or out and into Spain as well, didn't have their passport stamped. Can't see how you can enforce any limit in stay over an area if you don't register entries or exits of said places.

I felt cheated, not adding to my passport's stamps, not that a second set of stamps would have made it look very used though :classic_laugh:

Mine was stamped last year in France and also when we went to Italy.  I have proof now of my prolific travelling ...........

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1