Your Day Today!

XTreme

9 minutes ago, Six30 said:

So all the Germans French etc who still have freedom of movement  who can come and go as they please are all illegals then ..... nothing about illegals in you link, drama queen... just the 90 day rule now, 

Having FOM doesn't mean that they are contributing financially to the country they choose to live in.

You don't automatically get free healthcare etc by having FOM.......you have to pay into the system or have private medical insurance.

And if you've overstayed the 90 day limit for Brits, you are there illegally and can be deported. They can't deport Europeans obviously.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Having FOM doesn't mean that they are contributing financially to the country they choose to live in.

You don't automatically get free healthcare etc by having FOM.......you have to pay into the system or have private medical insurance.

And if you've overstayed the 90 day limit for Brits, you are there illegally and can be deported. They can't deport Europeans obviously.

I know all that Sherlock.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, boboneleg said:

Where's the 350 million extra a week gone that was supposed to help the NHS ?

You probably need to ask @Six30.......he's very well informed on such matters!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Clive said:

Screenshot_20231013-142604_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f821aeb8de9ccb8377cb0d7eb0aa9051.jpg

The French bikers have been kicking off the last few years about CT (MOT) being introduced for bikes. They'd lynch anyone even suggesting different speed limits! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

My new driving licence arrived today.  The DVLA have excelled themselves as it arrived in less than a week and all my entitlements are still there.................

Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

All your info is on line now Bob as long as your entitlements show there it really doesn't matter whats on the licence, the coppers know if you can drive/ride what your on before they pull you over the licence is just a means of identification nowadays
Stick your info in here to check it all
https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

I was surprised to see that most of the people going into and out of the UK via ferry, or out and into Spain as well, didn't have their passport stamped. Can't see how you can enforce any limit in stay over an area if you don't register entries or exits of said places.

I felt cheated, not adding to my passport's stamps, not that a second set of stamps would have made it look very used though :classic_laugh:

We don't get our passports stamped, but we have to show our French residency cards. Any brits without residency cards got their passports stamped. This is at the airports, so the border guards in Spain may not be as efficient. 

Obviously,  if we travel within the Schengen area we don't even have to show our residency cards and the passports are just for identity checks. 

Things are going to be fun from next year with the Etias scheme being implemented. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Fallsalot said:

All your info is on line now Bob as long as your entitlements show there it really doesn't matter whats on the licence, the coppers know if you can drive/ride what your on before they pull you over the licence is just a means of identification nowadays
Stick your info in here to check it all
https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

You're right and my category 'K' entitlement is perfect for me .................

Category K : start date 21 Dec 1976 - end date 16 Sept 2028

Description

Mowing machine or vehicles controlled by someone on foot

IMG_3458.GIF.cf8121a83e9ac5639c9d25353a0f2e14.GIF

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tango said:

This is at the airports, so the border guards in Spain may not be as efficient.

True, but I was surprised to not have my passport stamped in the UK either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

True, but I was surprised to not have my passport stamped in the UK either.

Apparently they don't have the manpower to even do the customs checks on goods that they're supposed to do.

So the strict checks on goods are only being done on the EU side.

My European removal clients have a Customs Agent in Europe to process all the paperwork relating to bringing goods in.

Going back into Britain with stuff is no bother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boboneleg said:

You're right and my category 'K' entitlement is perfect for me .................

Category K : start date 21 Dec 1976 - end date 16 Sept 2028

Description

Mowing machine or vehicles controlled by someone on foot

IMG_3458.GIF.cf8121a83e9ac5639c9d25353a0f2e14.GIF

Well i'm good for the future as i have Category L which is, Electrically-propelled vehicle :classic_laugh:

And i can ride a Harley

image.png.aeb49527d1ea5d1ef4277bb8ec2ca132.png

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

Apparently they don't have the manpower to even do the customs checks on goods that they're supposed to do.

So the strict checks on goods are only being done on the EU side.

My European removal clients have a Customs Agent in Europe to process all the paperwork relating to bringing goods in.

Going back into Britain with stuff is no bother.

which is the EU being arseholes...

Wow Awesome GIF by SmileDirectClub

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Six30 said:

which is the EU being arseholes...

You're so clueless it's unbelievable!

They're applying the rules that they do to all third countries.

Which is what Britain wanted to be.......and what Bozo actually signed up to.

@Tango @boboneleg......am I speaking the truth here!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Well I'm pretty certain that the peeps that voted for Brexit didn't know they'd have to exist under those rules now because the vast majority didn't listen to the argument properly. They were blinded by the bollocks spouted about immigrants and how much more money we'd have to build hospitals, infrastructure etc 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XTreme said:

you just hate England ..simples 

thats why you keep going on and on and on and on ... twat

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Six30 said:

why is this ?  didn't you like us buying your houses for holiday homes or does it go deep , deep  deeper than that ?

It's just a Welsh thing , they're only happy when they're dissing the English. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, XTreme said:

Actually the rules that the UK wanted and were instrumental in getting them implemented when they had a seat at the top table in the EU. The same rules that anyone from a non-EU country have to abide by, so it's not singling the Brits out, it's the rules applied to all non-EU citizens.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tango said:

Actually the rules that the UK wanted and were instrumental in getting them implemented when they had a seat at the top table in the EU. The same rules that anyone from a non-EU country have to abide by, so it's not singling the Brits out, it's the rules applied to all non-EU citizens.

Exactly! They got what they wanted! And they're still not happy about it!

They won now they've just got to get over it!

Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Tango said:

Another thing is that apparently Spain is refusing residency to third country nationals if they have a criminal record. They're obviously doing checks on people now!

And even if they meet the much higher financial thresholds needed, if they've got form they'll be refused.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 01:50, Clive said:

I have to re apply next year when I reach 70 years old.........ain't got a clue what it's gonna cost.

Free here if you're a pensioner, five year licences.

• Like 2